sithlordnergal

stealth rock
[Not a bug]Stealth Rock OP, battle bug

7 posts in this topic

So, I found another bug for ya, and this time it's with Stealth Rock. I sadly don't have a screen shot, as it's easier to show through gameplay. Hopefully you're able to download my game file and have it run. I ran into the glitch during the battle with Bennett, right before Luna, in the Dark Crystal Cavern and I had a Golem as my first pokemon. Here's what you need to do, and it doesn't matter what order you do it in:

Set up Stealth Rocks

Turn the Dark Crystal Cavern field effect into a Cave by any means available.

After you do that, Stealth Rock will proceed to 1-hit K.O. Yanmega, Butterfree, and Scyther. Dustox will be brought down to half health, prompting Bennett to use a Moo Moo Milk on it, and Venomoth will be knocked down to just above half health.

I suspect the glitch is being caused by a mix of the Cave Field Effect and Butterfree, Yanmega, and Scyther all having a x4 weakness to Stealth Rock. Since a x4 weakness to Stealth Rock causes a pokemon to lose 1/2 of their HP, the x2 boost Cave gives it  knocks that to a full 100% of a pokemon's HP

StealthRockGlitch.rxdata

I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug because in cave field stealth rock will deal more damage

uA16c86kSXKgFEPGIWPoMg.png

Ehhh, I dunno. It's causing Stealth Rock to essentially be an instant K.O. on anything with a x4 weakness on it. It cooould be a feature, but I doubt it. I don't think Amethyst would be so kind to give us a way to sweep Bennett's team that easily on purpose. She might be giving us a neat strategy to toy with, but knowing how Reborn is I suspect she wants the battle to be harder then that. Unless she's planning something nasty in the future with Stealth Rock. ._.;;; Cause any strategy used by us can easily be used by a gym leader.

Edited by sithlordnergal

Eh, the only leader that might be able to exploit that is Hardy, so it's not that big of a deal (Excepting my continued complaints about Stealth Rock being broken)

4 minutes ago, sithlordnergal said:

Ehhh, I dunno. It's causing Stealth Rock to essentially be an instant K.O. on anything with a x4 weakness on it. It cooould be a feature, but I doubt it. I don't think Amethyst would be so kind to give us a way to sweep Bennett's team that easily on purpose. She might be giving us a neat strategy to toy with, but knowing how Reborn is I suspect she wants the battle to be harder then that. Unless she's planning something nasty in the future with Stealth Rock. ._.;;; Cause any strategy used by us can easily be used by a gym leader.

http://prntscr.com/flig6g

it IS a feature. stealth rock deals 50% damage to anything that's 4x weak to it normally, 50% time 2 is 100%

Yep, it's not a bug. Bennett gets royally screwed on Cave Field.

It also wrecks poor Luna. Taking off 1/4 to 1/2 of every one of her pokemon makes her a breeze to deal with