Pokemon Reborn Custom Battle Theme Mod Pack [UPDATED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE]

Wanna add a little variety to your battles? Need a change of tune? Look no further! 

unknown.png

unknown.png

A minor mod, but I put this together for people who may be interested in custom battle themes for major characters, including rivals and special trainers. Each character has a unique battle theme tailored to their personality and battle style, and adds a fresh and new feeling to the game. 

Instructions on how to install: 

•     - Download and unzip the mod pack 
  •     - Copy trainertypes.dat into your Data folder (IMPORTANT: Keep a copy of the original trainertypes.dat file that came with the game. Accidents happen!!) 
  •     - Copy the files from the BGM folder into the existing BGM folder 
  •     - Start a new game, and enjoy! 

If there are any issues with the mod, please feel free to contact me! (Note: This mod pack is compatible with e17's public release only! Please upgrade if you haven't already!!) 

DOWNLOAD LINK

UPDATE 10/8/17: This mod is not compatible with Reborn Hardcore. A separate mod will be released with e17's update, so please be patient! 

UPDATE 12/24/17: Now with 20% more Undertale! (as well alternate tracks for you know what owo)

Edited by Guest
e17 update binches

55 minutes ago, JazzyFur said:

Wanna add a little variety to your battles? Need a change of tune? Look no further! 

unknown.png

unknown.png

A minor mod, but I put this together for people who may be interested in custom battle themes for major characters, including rivals and special trainers. Each character has a unique battle theme tailored to their personality and battle style, and adds a fresh and new feeling to the game. 

Instructions on how to install: 

•     - Download and unzip the mod pack 
  •     - Copy trainertypes.dat into your Data folder (IMPORTANT: Keep a copy of the original trainertypes.dat file that came with the game. Accidents happen!!) 
  •     - Copy the files from the BGM folder into the existing BGM folder 
  •     - Start a new game, and enjoy! 

If there are any issues with the mod, please feel free to contact me! (Note: This mod pack is compatible with Reborn16.2 only! Please upgrade if you haven't already!!) 

DOWNLOAD LINK

We really need it :D 

Great job!!

8 minutes ago, TwinAero said:

OH MY GOD THAT ELECTRIC GUITAR FROM STRONGMAN IS KILLING ME.

Do you mind pointing me to the source?

IIRC it is a remix of Guzma's theme; can't recall who made it. My bet's on Glitch, though.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Global Mods

Good to see this'll be updated for E17, as I've listened to some of the stuff in it and loved it, but haven't gotten to actually use it in a playthrough yet. Any chance you and @whomst'd've'n't will be able to work something out for this to work with Reborn Extreme when that releases?  

Kinda hope this eventually becomes part of the base game (not necessarily all the specific tracks, but at least the general idea of each major character getting their own battle theme. And yea I get that would swell the game filesize, but I doubt most people would care about that much.)

12 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Good to see this'll be updated for E17, as I've listened to some of the stuff in it and loved it, but haven't gotten to actually use it in a playthrough yet. Any chance you and @whomst'd've'n't will be able to work something out for this to work with Reborn Extreme when that releases?  

Kinda hope this eventually becomes part of the base game (not necessarily all the specific tracks, but at least the general idea of each major character getting their own battle theme. And yea I get that would swell the game filesize, but I doubt most people would care about that much.)

I've already added some custom music for some characters, like your rivals and El, but i guess i'll try to look into it a bit more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooh, this is really cool! And I love your themed track titles for all the characters. Thanks for making it!

Seconding the interest in a list of what the original tracks are and which characters they go with; most of the latter I can guess by the name, but it'd be nice to be able to look up the originals. :D