Reason Why I'm Quitting This Game (Rant)

jakk8399

I'm done with this game. I'm done with the rage and frustration it brings. I'm done with the one-sided battles. I was told v9 was easier, so I played on normal mode, I just got past Sheridon town, and the game has not gotten easier. It has gotten 10x harder it feels, with one Pokemon being at lvl31 because it ends up being the last one after a near sweep, and the rest at lvl27-28. I figured fine, I'll just go to the tent place in Gearen city, and change the difficulty to easy, that'll work right? Nope. did nothing, still got swept twice by a Cinccino (now lvl 25, previously 28). Still got swept by Rorrim B. because there's no point paralyzing an enemy when it does nothing. So what's the point in playing anymore?I'm at the limit of frustration I can take with this game, because since they got rid of the breeders to help you train, I have to grind on Pokemon that give little experience. And I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't feel like grinding for hours on end to make 10 minutes of progress. So I'm done. Pokemon Rejuvenation beat me. I'm honestly so done with losing every step of the way.

(Rant Over)

I'm sorry that you didn't find this game to be enjoyable, and wouldn't want to force anyone into playing something they disliked. And since you don't seem interested in advice as how to progress, I'll just say: Thanks for giving this game a try, I'm sure you will find many other great fan-made Pokemon experiences that are more to your tastes if you search for them. 

Edited by Tartar

2 minutes ago, Tartar said:

I'm sorry that you didn't find this game to be enjoyable, and wouldn't want to force anyone into playing something they disliked. And since you don't seem interested in advice as how to progress, I'll just say: Thanks for giving this game a try, I'm sure you will find many other great fan-made Pokemon experiences that are more to your tastes if you search for them. 

I did enjoy the game, it's well made visually and story wide (from as far as I got). I just can't continue, the difficulty of the game just beat me.

2 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

Honestly there's a good number of Pokemon during those time periods of the battles you faced so don't know why you are having that much trouble

I don't know either, I've fought every trainer I've found, trained up shiny Meditite to the rest of my team to prep for the second gym leader, and was training another after the second gym. They probably took xp from the rest. Honestly don't know, I just give up to be honest, can't beat the game.

32 minutes ago, jakk8399 said:

I'm done with this game. I'm done with the rage and frustration it brings. I'm done with the one-sided battles. I was told v9 was easier, so I played on normal mode, I just got past Sheridon town, and the game has not gotten easier. It has gotten 10x harder it feels, with one Pokemon being at lvl31 because it ends up being the last one after a near sweep, and the rest at lvl27-28. I figured fine, I'll just go to the tent place in Gearen city, and change the difficulty to easy, that'll work right? Nope. did nothing, still got swept twice by a Cinccino (now lvl 25, previously 28). Still got swept by Rorrim B. because there's no point paralyzing an enemy when it does nothing. So what's the point in playing anymore?I'm at the limit of frustration I can take with this game, because since they got rid of the breeders to help you train, I have to grind on Pokemon that give little experience. And I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't feel like grinding for hours on end to make 10 minutes of progress. So I'm done. Pokemon Rejuvenation beat me. I'm honestly so done with losing every step of the way.

(Rant Over)

What was your team?

Yeah too bad :( , this game is just awesome and the difficulty is what the game is so challenging , like reborn , you have to use many strats to win etc... It's not pokemon XY 

1 hour ago, Yagami said:

What was your team?

Frogadier (lvl 28) Protean, dont know the nature for any of the pokemon

Water Pulse

Bubble

Quick Attack

Lick

Meditite (lvl 27) item: twisted spoon

Stacking Shot

Poison Sweep

Force Palm

Confusion

Growlithe (lvl 27)

Fire fang

Rock smash

Flame wheel

Take down

Pichu (hasn't evolved cause it keeps dieing) lvl 25 item, exp share

Thunder wave

thunder shock

charm

nasty plot

Lycanroc (midnight) (lvl 31)

Counter

Rock tomb

Bite

stealth rock

Noibat (lvl 27)

Air Slash

roost

bite

cut

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

Yeah too bad :( , this game is just awesome and the difficulty is what the game is so challenging , like reborn , you have to use many strats to win etc... It's not pokemon XY 

I know, the game is amazing, but the difficulty is just too much for me I guess. I guess I'm just used to the norm where the story is easy, and that honestly sucks.

2 minutes ago, jakk8399 said:

Frogadier (lvl 28) Protean, dont know the nature for any of the pokemon

Water Pulse

Bubble

Quick Attack

Lick

Meditite (lvl 27) item: twisted spoon

Stacking Shot

Poison Sweep

Force Palm

Confusion

Growlithe (lvl 27)

Fire fang

Rock smash

Flame wheel

Take down

Pichu (hasn't evolved cause it keeps dieing) lvl 25 item, exp share

Thunder wave

thunder shock

charm

nasty plot

Lycanroc (midnight) (lvl 31)

Counter

Rock tomb

Bite

stealth rock

Noibat (lvl 27)

Air Slash

roost

bite

cut

Maybe the problem was that you didn't rotate your team since Noibat and Pichu was kind falling off unless you actually put some time into pichu 

I think you should try again , i know it's frustrating sometime , i cannot count the numbers of computers i broke while playing on reborn , try to rise your pokemons , think about somes strats etc... and remember we are always here to help !

Edited by Zarc

1 hour ago, Twilightwing said:

Maybe the problem was that you didn't rotate your team since Noibat and Pichu was kind falling off unless you actually put some time into pichu 

I got the Pichu after the second gym when i went to do some requests, it was lvl 1 when I got it. As for Noibat, it did fall behind because it kept getting knocked out when I would use it. I tried to switch train it in trainer battles.

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

I think you should try again , i know it's frustrating something , i cannot count the numbers of computer i broke while playing on reborn , try to rise your pokemon , think about somes strats etc... and remember we are always here to help !

This is my second run, my first was with a Jolteon as my starter, but I restarted because I upgraded to v9 and my save was messed up and the people on the save file troubleshooting couldn't access the save. Was stuck at Marionette on that one. I honestly don't know a good team to make for this game.

I think there is no " good " teams , just make the team you want and you feel good with her , at this moment your pokemons haven't evolve yet so it's normal that you encounter somes difficulties 

EDIT: As i see with your team , yeah having a pichu at this state of the game is not helping you , you have to evolve him first in my opinion ^^ 

I don't blame you,play on Easy mode then build up. All it takes is experience,trust me I COULDN'T EVEN GET PAST THE 2ND GYM FIRST TRY. Its pawsible,all it takes is hard work and dedication!

52 minutes ago, jakk8399 said:

1 minute ago, Zarc said:

I think there is no " good " teams , just make the team you want and you feel good with her , at this moment your pokemons haven't evolve yet so it's normal that you encounter somes difficulties 

I guess. I'll try again tomorrow, and if I keep losing I might as well restart again. If I do, might go with Chimchar, fire fighting type early on would probably be good, wouldn't have to train up 2 pokemon to the rest of the team, and open up new options.

Just now, Damien said:

I don't blame you,play on Easy mode then build up. All it takes is experience,trust me I COULDN'T EVEN GET PAST THE 2ND GYM FIRST TRY. Its pawsible,all it takes is hard work and dedication!

Yeah, I'm just burnt out right now, 30 minutes of getting swept or close to it wears me down.

1 minute ago, jakk8399 said:

This is my second run, my first was with a Jolteon as my starter, but I restarted because I upgraded to v9 and my save was messed up and the people on the save file troubleshooting couldn't access the save. Was stuck at Marionette on that one. I honestly don't know a good team to make for this game.

If you ever decide to restart the game again,i recommend getting a Swoobat with simple ability.Just use calm mind 2 or 3 times and use confusion and air slash.Swoobat will really help you early game.If you are interested in using pichu,you can use the hair saloon to increase your pichu's happiness.You can also catch a grubbin which has some good level up moves.

Lastly,there are many topics here that will help you along the way.If you are interested,just post a topic and there will be many people to help you.

Well, the first playthrough is almost always more challenging than subsequent playthroughs, so that must be what you're experiencing. I made a 2nd playthrough when V9 was released, and I didn't find it particularly hard (normal mode) due to the way I structured my team to handle threats. You should try using Toxic / Toxic Spikes Garbodor for that fight and Calm Mind Swoobat; that's why I used to defeat Marianette and the other leaders, along with some other good pokemon you can find in the areas there.

Something I see somewhat often is mixing Physical and Special attacks on a Pokemon when most excel at one or the other. I tend to stick to one type so as to maximize damage. Also, don't waste move slots on field moves like HM's. IMO it's better if you load up as few Pokemon with as much field moves as possible. Sandshrew and Pelipper can use almost every field move between the two (the only exception is Waterfall.)

I would recommend Midday Lycanroc instead of his Midnight brother. The speed difference really matters and i don't count the number of times were Accelerock saved me. Vivillon is also a good pokemon until the second to third badge. Don't neglect the status move, the burn and paralysis may be nerf since the 7th gen, but it's always useful in reducing the stats of the opponent.

And, if you're bored in grinding, don't forget you can now speed up the game with 'alt'. It's not too much, but you won't spend 5 hours to up a pokemon.

Effort value(EV) training your pokemons will get you out of the mess. Use reverse candies on your mons to keep them within the level cap and train them. Believe me, I fought against the 7th gym leader(ice) type and won only after resetting for some 2 weeks.......coz it was intense mode. Only 3 of my mons (Swampert, Magneton, Stoutland) were useful on her. If battles are too tough, consider using some hold items like berries or others or try teaching ur pokemons moves which can remove the field effect or use it to their advantage. You will definitely win i.e., if u are interested to play the game. Take your time. It's not like i'm advertising the game but your decision is the best for yourself.

If u need any help with EV training, just ask anyone. They'll help ya.

Edited by BRS swag

Welp, that was surprisingly quickly you decided to give it another go. 

Good luck with your game, and hopefully you won't get stuck again. 

Remember that you can always change the game back to Easy Mode whenever you want to.