Ice Type Mono Run! Winter Is Coming To Reborn!

J-Awesome_One

Px1VOyJ.png
Journal Entry 1 - It's Gonna Get Cold In Reborn
Spoiler

Well I’m stuck in this weird Region called Reborn. It looks all scummy and crummy and stuff but honestly, I needed to start a journey. Might as well start here. Seems like a difficult challenge and I LOVE that! The damn train blew up though. Like Jesus Christ. What a way for my adventure to start. I met this girl, called Ame, and then this explosion loving girl called Julia when I woke up from the train explosion. That’s some crazy shit right there. I like to jot down stuff from what happened on that day but for right now, I’m just resting up at the Grand Hall and I’m gonna start my adventure tomorrow as soon as I meet Ame and she gives me all the stuff I need.

I suppose I should introduce my name in case I lose this Journal. My name is Frieza. Yea. Apparently my parents were huge Dragon Ball fans and named me after a villain from that franchise. But whatever. I like it. I think it suits me anyways. I train Ice Type Pokemon. I love being cold and the Ice Type is definitely cold! I suppose I should explain how I caught the Pokemon I have with me right now. To start off with, I am from the Hoenn Region and I live in Mossdeep City.

My first Pokemon I ever caught was a Snorunt. Well, to be more precise, a shiny Snorunt. Yea. You read that right. A shiny Snorunt. I decided to go swimming north of Mossdeep City. As I kept swimming upwards, I came across a cave called Shoal Cave. I decided to rest there a bit before swimming back. As I was looking around the cave, I came across the Snorunt. It ran up to me and started jumping up and down and smiling at me. I had an empty PokeBall at the time and just tossed it and caught the Snorunt. It didn’t seem bothered either so I guess it was a win/win for both of us.

The next Pokemon I caught was a Delibird. I decided to travel to the Johto Region to hang out with some friends of mine. I saw it delivering stuff but it seemed to have trouble carrying stuff in its sack thing. I offered to help and we had to go to Olivine City to drop off the items. When we went back to where it was working, which was the Goldenrod City Department Mall, the owner told me that this Delibird always tried it hardest to deliver stuff but either half the time was late or barely made it there. He told me that he had plenty of other Delibirds. Plus, this Delibird seemed more interested in battling. He told me I could keep it if I wanted and I accepted. Unlike most Delibird, this one knew how to use Icy Wind, Spikes and Aerial Ace, along with Present which is quite impressive.

Smoochum and Sneasel were my next catches. They are both really good friends with each other. They also have a lot of sassiness within them and I like that. I caught them in the Ice Path while going to Blackthorn City. As I was walking, I saw the Sneasel and Smoochum talking to each other and decided that I wanted to catch them. They spotted me and challenged me to a battle. So I used Delibird and Snorunt. It was a really tough battle but in the end, Snorunt and Delibird emerged victorious and gave me the win. Afterwards, they came up to me, leaned on each other and gave me a thumbs up. I reached out with a PokeBall in each hand and they both touched them and they were caught.

The next Pokemon I obtained was Lapras. I was actually in Kalos just exploring at that time. There’s a lot of spots that you gotta surf and it gets tiring having to wait for your clothes to dry for a long time just to get from one spot to another. As I was walking in the city of Shalour City, a man walked up to me and told me he owns a Lapras but since he’s busy a lot, he doesn’t have time to take care of it. He asked me if I wanted it and I gladly accepted it. The next route I had to surf so I sent out Lapras. I introduced myself to it. And it seemed happy to be with me. Its mostly been used as a transportation but I love it. We always get to spend time together.

The last Pokemon I got was Amaura. I was in Snowbelle City at the time and this big person walked up to me and introduced himself as Wullfric and asked me what I was doing and I told him I was just exploring the town. He challenged me to a battle. Surprisingly, he seemed to like to use Ice Type Pokemon as well. It was close but he beat me. He was impressed with my battling skills so he gave me a gift. It was a rock. I asked him what it was. He told me to travel to Ambrette Town and go into the lab there and ask a scientist to take a look at it. I thanked him for the battle and gift and left for Ambrette Town. As I got there, I searched for the lab and asked a scientist what it was. He looked over it and told me it was a Sail Fossil. He told me he could bring the Pokemon back to life. I let him do whatever it was that he did and in a couple of hours, he came out with a Pokemon. It was Amaura! It was a baby but I was happy to have it on my team.

For the person or people that find this that wonder how I ended up here, well… I just heard about it from people in a small coffee shop as I was about to go back to Johto. They said it was difficult and that scary stuff was going on and that the Gym Battles were way to tough for them. I heard that it was only accessible by train. So I hopped on a train in Couriway Town and traveled here. Unfortunately, some JACKASS had to blow up the train for some reason. Why do that and like make this place worse? Whatever. I’m gonna rest up here for the rest of the night and then tomorrow, me and my Ice Types will take on the Reborn Gym Challenge!

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Shiny Snorunt

Nickname: Snowball/ Female

Docile/ Ice Body/ Level 5

Powder Snow

Leer

Double Team

Delibird

Nickname: Shady/ Male

Hardy/ Vital Spirit/ Level 5

Icy Wind

Spikes

Aerial Ace

Present

Smoochum

Nickname: Kiss Me!/ Female

Bashful/ Forewarn/ Level 5

Pound

Lick

Sneasel

Nickname: Grim Reaper/ Female

Jolly/ Pickpocket/ Level 5

Ice Shard

Leer

Scratch

Taunt

Lapras

Nickname: Lappy/ Male

Calm/ Hydration/ Level 5

Water Gun

Growl

Sing

Mist

Amaura

Nickname: Elegance/ Female

Calm/ Refrigerate/ Level 5

Powder Snow

Growl

Thunder Wave

Edited by Awesome_One

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Satoshi said:

OH... I can feel the breeze coming. :D 

Haha. I can as well.

8 hours ago, Zarc said:

Good luck to you :) 

Thanks dude. :D

8 hours ago, Jess said:

@Awesome_One I shall call you Scrat! Good luck :D 

Thanks. And why Scrat? XD

8 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Ah, you went with Ice. Well, good luck.

Try not to abuse Weavile once Sneasel evolves

I won't. I try to keep my Pokemon on the same level. And thanks.

7 hours ago, Wolfox said:

that is one Shady Penguinn you got there, only the shades are missing

I know right? XD

Ah, someone else joins me in the Mono Ice campaign. Glad to see that.

I am a little surprised you started off with a full team like that. All I had from the start of my run was a Swinub which means yes, I had to take on Julia 6v1. Either way, I managed to make it all the way to the end with only a few hiccups along the way (coughKikicough)

In case you're wondering, my team currently looks like this:

Spoiler

TFqhgHP.png

And I can assure you, Weavile is not as powerful as one might assume. It just gets KO'd too easily.

Just now, Anstane said:

Ah, someone else joins me in the Mono Ice campaign. Glad to see that.

I am a little surprised you started off with a full team like that. All I had from the start of my run was a Swinub which means yes, I had to take on Julia 6v1. Either way, I managed to make it all the way to the end with only a few hiccups along the way (coughKikicough)

In case you're wondering, my team currently looks like this:

Hide contents

TFqhgHP.png

And I can assure you, Weavile is not as powerful as one might assume. It just gets KO'd too easily.

Ohh. I know it can. I just wanna use my top 6 favorite Ice Types and it just so happens that was part of it. And that's a nice team. :D

Dank title, Red approves.

Ice is one of my favorite types (third after Dark and Steel), so you can bet I'll be following this :)

21 minutes ago, Anstane said:

To be honest though, that's not the purpose of Weavile. Weavile isn't built to tank hits, it's a really fast hard-hitter which your team can really benefit from if used correctly. But the numerous double battles in game really messes up its use, since both opponent Pokemon aren't always KO'd in one hit and tend to retaliate. Adding in to the fact that a lot of our double battles involve partners like Cain/Victoria/Florinia, the AI messes up severely and don't dish out supereffective damage which really ruins all strategy you have.

In singles though, Weavile is amazing. I have one (Lv. 83) and I recommend breeding Icicle Crash on to it (if you haven't already), very powerful STAB ice move which is a physical non-contact move, which is advantageous if the opponent holds a Rocky Helmet or something like that.

Nice team, btw.

Edited by RedAlert

I dunno, even with a Life Orb and Icicle Crash, my Weavile would often just fail to KO. Don't get me wrong, it was quite powerful, but never crucial, like never "This Mon won me the battle". Glaceon and especially Mamoswine took up that particular role. And while I understand that taking hits is not a Weavile's role, it's often hard not to take hits.

I getchu mate. Reborn really kicks you to the dirt and forces you to really consider all the crucial elements involved. If a Poke seems too weak for the most part of the game, you have to start considering other options - which is why I have a 12 Pokemon Team at the end of E16 xD. And I'm still planning on adding more.

I'd suggest not using the Life Orb, given Weavile's frailty it can be very easily taken out. I'd suggest something without recoil damage like the Wise Glasses although it might hurt not to have that extra damage.

Strangely, my Weavile has almost always guaranteed wins in boss battles - it decimated Ciel and her team after almost the rest had been taken out (I stupidly took Gallade and Gogoat along with me xD). It might be the maximum EV attack I grinded on it.

I never EV train, even on the Ice Mono. Also, Wise Glasses only help with Special damage, not Physical. I've given my Wise Glasses to Cryonia. Maybe that's why sometimes it feels like I'm lagging behind, but I just power through with my favorite type.

Honestly, an Ice Mono is not as hard as people make it out to be, something I say constantly.

10 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

I'm worried about Cal and Kiki first. xD

I am going to assume you're going to be flexible with who you use, because I feel like a Thick Fat Dewgong and Thick Fat Walrein are practically mandatory for Charlotte.

Also, Cal can easily be destroyed with Earthquake spam from Piloswine...if you plan on using it, that is.

QatX4ud.png
Journal Entry 2 - Frieza VS Fern And Team Meteor Iced Out
Spoiler

Well today has been an interesting day. Went up to the counter and Ame gave me everything I needed. A Pokedex, a Pokegear, a gym badge case and some running shoes… I don’t know why I couldn’t run in my shoes but whatever. They fit better anyways. I explored this city. It’s pretty crummy looking but… I also kinda like it. I’ve never seen the places look this before where I’ve visited. I know everyone here is in bad shape but… I just like the look of it. Does that make me an ass? Kinda hope not.

I went up to this Power Plant looking building and saw this dorky looking green haired dude standing in the front of it. As I walked up, he saw me and started yelling at me for some reason. Like dude. Chill the fuck out. I didn’t even do anything. But whatever. I didn’t like him in the first place. He just gave me a reason to now. And he calls himself a cool cat and a top dog. Like who calls themselves that? Haha! What a dweeb. Anyways, after his little spat, he challenged me to a battle and I iced him. Guess he’s a Grass Type Trainer. Guess I should have figured. His name is Fern for god’s sake!

Anyways, after I beat him, he started complaining about something else and ran off. Not knowing what else to do, I decided to go Julia’s Gym which is just another Power Plant. She walked out as soon as I was about to walk in and she told me she was going to a warehouse to take out a Team Meteor. What a stupid team name that is. We made it there and then Fern and this other person, Florina, his sister, made it there. She talks weird and all smart like but she’s better than Fern.

After Julia bombed our way in, which by the way, I didn’t see her use a bomb or dynamite or anything so how does that work, we ran in and the robot smart girl told us that the water was poisoned. We then split into teams, Julia with Florina and lucky me got teamed up with Fern. Just great. Anyways, after we beat all the Meteor Grunts, we met back up with Julia and Florina. Then as Florina tried to hack the steel grate, me and Fern went to find dynamite. Buuut turns out we didn’t need them. Florina hacked in! Or not! I don’t know! We met the leader of Team Meteor and he said they let us in. So I guess she didn’t. Anyways, getting off topic here, he made us battle his higher ranked grunts. It was tough but we beat them as Julia and Florina were taking on the Leader. Afterwards, they fled and Julia somehow blew up the building. Seriously, how is she doing this with no explosives on her!?

Anyways, after we got out, Fern left, thank god, Florina talked to us some more and left and then Julia left for her gym. But it was pretty late so I left to go back to the Grand Hall so I can rest up. I’ll challenge her for her badge tomorrow. It’s gonna be great to get her badge!

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

Shiny Snorunt
Nickname: Snowball/ Female
Docile/ Ice Body/ Level 18
Powder Snow
Icy Wind
Ice Shard

Double Team

Delibird
Nickname: Shady/ Male
Hardy/ Vital Spirit/ Level 18