High-Resolution Sprites [Feedback Thread]

Peanuts

Hi, Peanuts here.

Those of you that follow the art forum probably know that I have been working on high resolution sprites for reborn. I'll probably reserve this thread for any feedback I want on sprites, but continue posting notable Pokemon on the original thread started by @Bazaro. If any of the other spriters working on high res sprites want to post here for feedback, you are welcome to.

To start, which charmeleon tail looks better? I was going for a more detailed flame look and it turned out quite different from the original.

Original is on the left, the flame I made is on the right. 

My flame feels a little too neat and linear to me, so I am wondering what you guys think.

Untitled.png.3c3922b05a49b4b2eb598919c2727968.png

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice. Legacies are weird.

The frontmost arm is a little wonky from the elbow up, maybe just check the outline and straighten up the top border a little?

As for flames, they're typically wide and wavy, with wispy "arms" instead of one single bulb. 

@Bazaro Didn't even notice the charmeleon arm. It's like a noodle. Oops, I'll fix that.

Left or Right?

Charizard Y's jawline and face size seemed a little large, so I shrunk it back a little. I tried to find another back sprite similar to this one for reference but I could not find one.
charYback.png.8e17764aac26794a993670eeb188b692.png

Edited by Peanuts

• 2 weeks later...