There Are 3 Types of People, Which One Are You?

Tartar

You've got a cup of tea, and a piece of cake!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. You've got a cup of tea, and a piece of cake!

• You eat the cake first
    • You drink the tea first
    • You alternate between the two.

So, you've got a cup of tea (or coffee if you prefer that) and a piece of delicious cake/biscuit/(insert other sweet here). Three choices stand before you now:

1) You eat the cake first, then proceed onto drinking tea.

2) You drink the tea, then eat the cake.

3) You alternate taking between the two.

The question is thus, what type are you?

KRlvaJE.jpgrpNnJAG.jpg

Edited by Tartar

1 hour ago, mde2001 said:

I eat the cake and leave the tea forever. Or I try to trade the tea for more cake. 

This ^^

Honestly, even if it the tea was replaced by a beverage I like such as coke or orange juice, I'd still choose to eat the cake first, and then when I finish, I'd drink the beverage.

In traditional Japanese tea ceremonies it is appropriate to eat something sweet before drinking your tea, as the tea is bitter and the sweetness of the cake balances out the flavor. This is rooted in both Buddhist and Shinto tradition.

I subscribe to this, as cake genuinely enhances the flavor of tea and thinking about drinking tea is quite cathartic. But most people seem to act in this way simply because they dislike tea which saddens me greatly as a lover of all things tea-related.

While I'm not much of a cake lover, and am definitely not much of a Tea drinker, I'll simplify the question to just being a piece of food, and a drink.

I always eat the food first before the drink, I very much dislike mixing my foods so I'd eat the whole food before starting the drink.. Dunno why I'd take the food first, probably because it's closest to me because I put my cups behind my plates usually

I take a drink in between an undefined number of bites of cake. The frosting on the cake tends to be too sweet to simply eat continuously until gone. A drink in between every now and then acts kind of like a reset button for your taste buds so you can go back for more bites of cake.

I do not drink tea. It is inferior.

Cakes, and in fact any sweet food, does not appeal to me. I have a low tolerance for sweets; they get cloying too quickly.

So you'd never find me imbibing/ingesting the above in any combination.

As for Coffee, I treat its enjoyment as an art. I believe that one does not merely drink it, like any mundane fluid. One experiences it. To consume something else at the same time is to me, nothing short of an insult. It's independent of any meal or snack.

1 hour ago, Ironbound said:

Cakes, and in fact any sweet food, does not appeal to me. I have a low tolerance for sweets; they get cloying too quickly.

Except for chocolate, which you quite clearly said appeal to you a great deal. 

As for Coffee, I treat its enjoyment as an art. I believe that one does not merely drink it, like any mundane fluid. One experiences it. To consume something else at the same time is to me, nothing short of an insult. It's independent of any meal or snack.

And while I certainly respect your purist view on drinking tea/coffee, I can't say I can entirely agree with it. Tea, like fine wine, is best enjoyed in combination with something else. That's the whole point of the culinary arts, the combination of flavours can produce sensations that are greater than the sum of their parts. 

And sometimes we just wanna drink some tea. And tea it is.

And sometimes we just wanna have some sweets. And sweets it is.

And sometimes...

We fill the lower compartment with water until right below the valve. We put coffee into the metal filter and level it with the side of the spoon, having it fully filled but not compressed at all. We put the filter into the lower compartment and screw the upper compartment firmly on top. We put it on the stove, medium heat for electric stove, lowest possible for gas, we wait and watch. We let the top lid open. We watch as the coffee slowly starts pouring out of the center column, starting darker, becoming lighter, with some bubbles showing up. We lower the heat or take it off the stove entirely near the end, and we time the moment in which we pour it into the cup in the sweet spot after the sweetest part of the coffee flows out and before the latest, and worst part, comes. We stir with a spoon, no cream, milk or sugar. We drink. We enjoy everything from starting to make it till the last drops

2 hours ago, Tartar said:

Except for chocolate, which you quite clearly said appeal to you a great deal. 

I don't eat or enjoy chocolate unless it's at least 70% cocoa. The darker and bitterer, the better. In fact, South Indian chocolatiers has recently started experimenting in locally produced fine chocolates on coffee plantations, and I've already become an inveterate snob. Fine dark chocolates, with hints of spices, coffee, or even sea salt.

2 hours ago, Odybld said:

And sometimes we just wanna drink some tea. And tea it is.

And sometimes we just wanna have some sweets. And sweets it is.

And sometimes...

We fill the lower compartment with water until right below the valve. We put coffee into the metal filter and level it with the side of the spoon, having it fully filled but not compressed at all. We put the filter into the lower compartment and screw the upper compartment firmly on top. We put it on the stove, medium heat for electric stove, lowest possible for gas, we wait and watch. We let the top lid open. We watch as the coffee slowly starts pouring out of the center column, starting darker, becoming lighter, with some bubbles showing up. We lower the heat or take it off the stove entirely near the end, and we time the moment in which we pour it into the cup in the sweet spot after the sweetest part of the coffee flows out and before the latest, and worst part, comes. We stir with a spoon, no cream, milk or sugar. We drink. We enjoy everything from starting to make it till the last drops

We understand each other.