Translate an entire french comic

Zarc

Hey buddies !                               As some of you have already see my post yersterday , i plan to translate an entire french comic that i absolutely enjoyed and i would like to share that story with you , little problem : it's in french , so i'm ready , me and my poor english , to do the work.               But even with the motivation , i would like to know if you will be interested by it , cause i don't really want to do a work that you won't enjoy and find totally boring ( certainly many of you will don't enjoy ).                             I know there are a few people at this moment who are interested but it's not enough , so i would like to listen your advices !           The comic is based on a fantastic medieval theme with everything : mans , elves , trolls , orks , demons , dragons etc with a lot of war/love, and with the help of a lot of pictures i would like to share it with you. Thank you for your attention ( or not ) 

Edited by Zarc

If you decide to undertake this endeavor, I recommend that you do so because you find it an interesting challenge that can improve you editing and language skills, rather than doing it because others want you to.

I'd wager Zumi and Amethyst would still continue to work on their own projects, even if they were to get no exposure. That's the kind of mentality one should have in regards to these types of creative works.

Well in my opinion you can make a translation like an illustrated book, for example while writing the story at a certain point you can put pictures so we also know what happens with some more image, not always but at least somewhere for better understand :) 

19 minutes ago, Zarc said:

Well , if some people are really interested , maybe i just will try it , as @Tartar said , it will allow me to improve my english and whatever if they enjoy or not :) 

Ok very well :), now you have put me more curiosity to see how this comic is :D 

Sorry to burst bubbles but I'm going to have to right now. I'm going to have to kibosh this particular project.

The Creative Works sub-forum is a place for Rebornians to post their own creations and work they wish to share to the community. Not the works of others. While it can be argued that a translation is one's work it still falls under the purview that someone else created the piece of fiction in question that you are translating. Therefore it is still the work of the original author. This isn't in line with the purpose and the spirit of this sub-forum, as it is meant to showcase the work of our members and people of Reborn, rather than works created by those from outside of our community.

While I'm not against people translating works into other languages so that others may enjoy them as well, this isn't the place for it I'm afraid. I'm going to have to lock this thread as a result. There won't be any warnings from this ruling but a fair heads up is needed, and that is the purpose of this post.

Anyway, Hukuna Sensei, out.~