VS Venam and Saki

Hey I just reached the part where you have to fight Saki and Venam in a double battle.

CVeR72Ym.png

Is there a way to battle them by yourself and not be dragged down by Melia? I think I heard that it was an option in one of the earlier versions.

I'd rather not wipe because every one of Melia's team (except Zoroark) is weak to Steel and Poison, leaving me to beat them 1v2.

Is there still a chance for that or was it axed completely?

Edited by DerogatoryTrainer

1 hour ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Hey I just reached the part where you have to fight Saki and Venam in a double battle.

CVeR72Ym.png

Is there a way to battle them by yourself and not be dragged down by Melia? I think I heard that it was an option in one of the earlier versions.

I'd rather not wipe because every one of Melia's team (except Zoroark) is weak to Steel and Poison, leaving me to beat them 1v2.

Is there still a chance for that or was it axed completely?

i don't know if it is still possible but in the earlier versions you could chose between Saki, Amber, Venam and melia

choosing melia would team you up with her

choosing anybody else would end up in a 1v2

if it isn't possible anymore i would believe it got axed

8 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

It's fine now.

Managed to beat them both even with Melia's "help"

Why would they get rid of the options? I would have much preferred to do it myself and not watch Melia get one-shotted every turn.

Her getting killed like that is the best case scenario for double battles. Set up a sweeper friend. If her Pokemon die every turn then that means yours is still alive.  

That was one of the hardest battles for me back in the day though.

e3InJdNm.png

Jan you're killing me here.

On 6/8/2017 at 7:56 PM, MetrololAce said:

Her getting killed like that is the best case scenario for double battles. Set up a sweeper friend. If her Pokemon die every turn then that means yours is still alive.  

That was one of the hardest battles for me back in the day though.

I don't know man she only used three Pokemon and they only took down one of the Venam/Saki tag team. I didn't want to risk my starter setting up a sweep so I stalled and stalled and digged and digged my way to victory.

On 6/9/2017 at 0:28 AM, GreenDecidueyeArrow said:

It helps to leave Venam's Toxapex alone and KO Saki's pokemon first. Toxapex is pretty much a non-threat offensively and occupies a opposing slot that would otherwise be a threat. 

She swapped it right after setting up Toxic Spikes. The bitch.