[Game Over! GG] Magic and Curses! Another Mafia Game

A warm welcome to you all! This is Monsieur Divergent, and I will once again be your host in this Mafia game. Anyone may join this game, both those who have participated in the previous game, Stranded: A Mafia Game, and newcomers to this setting. If you're unfamiliar of this game, don't worry; I'll be guiding you step-by-step. ^^

I. Plot

In the ages long past, there was a kingdom called Magistelle; this was a kingdom without a special quality nor did it have any renown in the land. This blandness allowed the kingdom to have peace for millenia as no nation could find a motive to subjugate it nor was there any reason for the people inside to fight among themselves. It was a land of regularity, mediocrity, and plainness, but it had peace and unity in return. However, its people desired something more, something special for themselves.

Their wish was granted one day when a man who called himself the Mage of Old visited the kingdom. Struck by the blandness of the kingdom, he offered them a gift; that is, he would grant every citizen the ability to use magic. The people were eager to accept the man's offer, wanting to gain something better for their own selves. The man left after granting their wish and the people were overjoyed at being able to cast spells or even control nature.

Initially, people only acted in curiosity and wonder, using magic to improve their lives or to have entertainment, but corruption slowly spread. People became more greedy and selfish, some seeking to earn a lot of money from it while others wanted dominion over the kingdom and even farther beyond. This created civil wars that lasted for years, bringing destruction and chaos at every turn, slowly destructing everything they had built upon. 

There were always two factions involved in this war: the mages 'On The Side Of Good', ones who simply wanted magic to be used as a tool to improve the lives of others, and the mages 'On The Side of Evil', ones who sought dominion, glory, and wished for the world to burn. They kept at it for centuries, but neither could extinguish the other's flames of hatred nor could either vanquish the other side fully. 

Thus, they decided to have a deal: they would play the Game of Death [Mafia], one where they had to use their wits and brains to defeat the other side. The winner would take all, while the other would be executed. Two others had slipped in who were neither from Good or from Evil, and had their own intentions.

Who will win the Game of Death? Will it be the righteous, uninformed Good, or will it be the unjust, informed Evil?

You, as the player, will play as a character from one of the three factions, and attempt to obtain the winning condition of your given faction.

II. How to play this game? [What is Mafia?]

Mafia is a game with two factions: the uninformed Majority, which is the side of Good in this game, and the informed Minority, which is the side of evil. The goal of those On The Side Of Good is to vanquish the ones On The Side of Evil, while those On The Side Of Evil have to eliminate those On The Side Of Good until their numbers are equal or higher. There are also other characters who pledge their allegiance on neither side and have their own winning condition.

There are two parts to a Mafia game: the Day Phase and the Night Phase. The phases alternate each other until one of the main factions meet their winning condition. This game begins with the Night Phase.

The Night Phase is where everyone may use their Night Actions to help/hinder other players while those 'On The Side Of Evil' convene and pick a player to eliminate for that phase. This lasts for 24 hours.

The Day Phase is where the players discuss, using what they have, to find out who works for Evil and who does not, carefully accusing the right people. The players will also individually vote on a person to eliminate for the Day Phase as well. This lasts for 48 hours.

III. Special Twist to the game

This game works like a regular mafia game, except for one thing: the Special Skills, further abilities most roles have which could potentially be better at aiding them at the Night Phase

Special Skill cannot be used so easily, however. If one wishes to use a Special Skill, they must sacrifice their Night Action for one night and choose to Charge Power. The charging of power will only work if and only if no one uses a Night Action on you, otherwise, your Charge Power will be rendered useless.

If the charging is successful, the person will be able to use their Special Skill in the next night or later nights. Good prediction is necessary in order to properly make use of Special Skills.

IV. Roles 
Your basic actions and special skills will be used at the Night Phase. They must be sent through PM to me.

~ On The Side Of Good ~
Win Condition: Eliminate all the people On The Side of Evil

1. White Mage [Healer] *
  -     Wields the Cure Staff
  -     Basic Action: Visits one person per night and treats their wounds, preventing them from dying.
  -     Special Skill: Along with healing the person he visits, that person will be engulfed in a protective field which will make that person immune from dying the next night. 

2. Black Mage [Vigilante] *
  -     Wields the Justice Staff.
  -     Basic Action: Uses offensive magic to attack someone at night. Two-time use only.
  -     Special Skill: Strengthens the offensive magic, making sure that the target really falls. [i.e bypasses roleblocks, stops healing abilities, etc.]

3. Scholar [Investigator] *
 -    Wields the Knowledge Tome.
  -     Basic Action: Chooses a person each night to study and investigate; the scholar will learn the alignment of that person (whether he is good or bad)
  -     Special Skill: Aside from learning the alignment, that person will also learn the role of the person. Will also reveal if that person is the Nightshade.

4. Green Mage [Roleblocker] *
  -    Wields the Sleep Staff.
  -     Basic Action: Chooses one person to visit each night and casts Sleep on them, disallowing them from doing any action in the night.
  -     Special Skill: The person will sleep through the day, unable to participate in the discussion in the Day Phase. 

5. Red Mage [Unique Role] *
  -     Wields the Flamberge.
  -     Basic Action: By random chance, can either do the basic action of the White Mage, the basic action of the Black Mage, or do Red Magic [this person poisons someone; if that person doesn't receive the antidote from someone who has it by the end of the Day Phase, the person dies]
  -     Special Skill: Doublecast - the user can cast two kinds of magic at once. 

6. Blue Mage [Altered Back-up]
  -     Wields the Learn Staff.
  -     Basic Action: This person will know the roles of whomever visits him; if one of those roles die, he can choose to inherit their role except the evil people.
  -     Special Skill: This person will gain the option to switch sides and inherit the role of someone evil. (Same conditions)

7. Clairvoyant [Watcher] *
 -     Wields the Crystal Ball.
  -     Basic Action: Selects a person to observe per night; the user learns who visited that person, but will not learn what actions were performed on him.
  -     Special Skill: The actions done to that person will be known to the Clairvoyant. 

8. Oracle [Oracle] *
 -     Holds the Spirit of Delphi
  -     Basic Action: Selects a player to visit each night; when the Oracle dies, the last person he/she visits will have his/her role revealed.
  -     Special Skill: The Oracle will know the role of one of the people he/she visited while living. 

9. Psychic [Unique Role] *
  -     Has a Superior Mind.
  -     Basic Action: Can send one-way anonymous messages to anyone at night. [Counts as a visit, thus clairvoyant will see this person in the Crystal Ball]
  -     Special Skill: Can send one-way anonymous messages to two people at night.

==========
~ On The Side Of Evil ~
Win Condition: Have an equal or higher number with regards to the people On The Side Of Good

1. Nightshade [Main Baddie]
  -     Wields the Dark Tome
  -    Basic Action: Remains innocent from investigations from the Scholar. Has the final say in the kill.
  -     Special Skill: Curses someone, removing their inner goodness; they will be forced to be part of the evil group, however, if they choose to refuse, they will die instead. * When this ability is used, the user won't appear innocent in the investigation.

2. Silencer [Silencer] *
  -     Wields the Silence Staff.
  -     Basic Action: Can cast Silence on a person every other night, disallowing the person from speaking in the thread during the Day Phase.
  -     Special Skill: Aside from being silenced in the day, that person will be unable to use Night Actions the next Night Phase. 

3. Dark Seer [Stalker] *
- Holds the Eye of Truth.
- Basic Action: Visits one person each night and discerns their role.
- Special Skill: Visits two people for a night and discerns their role.     

Note: One of them is to be assigned to do the dirty work of slaying their target for the night. Edit: You can still do your assigned role.

===========
On Neither Side:

1. Black Void [pseudo-Alien]
 - Wields the Blanket of the Night.
 -    Basic Action: Cannot be killed at Night.
 -    Special Skill: The Black Void's vote will be counted as two votes.
 -    Win Condition: Regret fills this mage of old; he desires to be killed by both good and evil, thus, he will win if he is voted out of the game [Day Phase].

V. Rules

-     The Reborn Forum rules apply here.
  -     All Mafia/Criminal Discussion must be kept here in this thread. Private PMs, discussion outside the thread through Discord, IRL, or other methods are not allowed as well. Only the mandated criminal and lovers discussion will be legalized.
  -     Per Day Phase, everyone is required to post 2 times. At Night Phase, the thread is considered locked and no one must post in the thread. Violation means immediate elimination.
  -     Sharing of PMs from me is not allowed. There will be consequences if found out. Ruining the game is not fun :(
  -     For voting in the Day Phase, use this format ELIMINATE - [Player Name]. Place it in bold. Votes can be changed throughout the Day Phase, as long as you notify me properly. Abstaining is allowed by posting ABSTAIN, as long as you don't do it on consecutive Day Phases. Missing two votes will mean instant elimination. 
  -     If you are ELIMINATED, you have a final post, which must not reveal critical information to the game. Afterwards, you will be disallowed from posting again, except for when the game ends.
  -     Night Actions should be sent to me in PM.
  -     Editing of posts is discouraged. If you wish to have a change, quote your previous post and say the appropriate changes.
  -     Lastly, respect the host and the other players. Personal attacks on others will have their own repercussions. 

Questions will be entertained through this thread, or through PM in the Forums or DM in Discord. Roles will be distributed when there are enough players, and the game will start afterwards at a designated time.

Register by commenting 'I'll be joining' below. 15 slots will be accommodated for this game.

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it Anstane is a criminal, no one believed me, i tried giving hints  'I'll be joining

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

28 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Count me in.

Questions

Why would I ever want to charge the green mage?

The red mage do you target then get the type of magic you cast or do you first know what magic is going to be used?

1. If you have a clear Mafia target, then you can make sure that person cannot clear his name or reduce suspicion from himself.

2. I will be sending the magic going to be used for the night before the red mage selects the target.

40 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

1. If you have a clear Mafia target, then you can make sure that person cannot clear his name or reduce suspicion from himself.

2. I will be sending the magic going to be used for the night before the red mage selects the target.

Thank you mis read the first one though, thought it was talking about the green mage.

Night Zero

"Hey, wake up."

"Mhm..."

"Wake up."

"Mhm..."

"I said, WAKE UP!"

The Green Mage arose from his peaceful slumber. He wasn't accustomed to someone destroying his beauty rest; after all, he lived alone out in the woods. Wait - he lived alone, so why was there someone who woke him up? He did a quick 180 of his surroundings and noticed that he wasn't at his comfortable small home at all. He saw glass windows adorning the pristine white wall, chandeliers lighting up the room, and a comfortable carpet on the floor that he was laying in. He noticed that there were others standing around the room as well; they looked as if they were inspecting it clearly. Clearly, he was somewhere else, but where? Who were these people around him? How did they end up here? What is happening?

Just then, a face appeared on the large monitor screen in the center of the room. "Mic test. Mic test. Now that our dear Green Mage is up, I'll be taking the point of view from here ~ This is Monsieur Fate, your host and announcer for the Game of Death!"

All of the people, er mages, in the room let out different reactions when they saw and heard Monsieur Fate.  "What is this Game of Death?!" "Why are we here?" "Let us out!!!" "I demand a magic lawyer!" "I have kids!" "DEEZ NUTZ!" "Lolololololol."

"Shush." Monsieur Fate interrupted. Immediately, everyone else became silent, awaiting the mysterious figure's response. He then began to speak in a serious tone. "You all know that the kingdom of Magistelle has been under war due to two different factions for millenia now, right? Those mages who advocated the use of magic for progress and betterment of society formed the faction 'On The Side Of Good' while those who sought to use magic for dominion and glory formed the faction 'On The Side Of Evil', and these two factions have continued to fight, neither able to vanquish and destroy the other faction completely."

"Well, everyone is fed up of this war. It's caused casualties on both sides and it's wasted a lot of firepower, time, and energy which could have been used for other purposes." Monsieur Fate continued. "Thus, your faction leaders have decided to settle this once and for all in the Game of Death. Winner takes all; loser has to leave and be in exile or surrender to the other. Now, how does this concern you? Each of you here are representatives from either of these two factions, well, there are some who aren't on either side and have different intentions, but that doesn't matter, right~? Your numbers aren't equal, of course. Those On The Side Of Evil mages are comparatively few, but they know each other while those On The Side Of Good mages are a lot, but they can't really be sure who's on their side. Every Night, you may each use your given abilities, while those On The Side Of Evil target someone from the other faction. At Day, you all will be staying here in this Conference Room, discussing and trying to find out who is On The Side Of Evil. You all will also cast votes to decide the person I will vanquish for the Day."

"You all will be staying in this Mansion of Despair for the duration of the Game of Death, well, until one of your faction wins. Not all of you will leave alive though. ~" Monsieur Fate told, his tone cheerful and playful. "So, tonight you may stay anywhere in the residences; try to not get murdered though.~"

The room was silent for a moment until one mage screamed and ran away from the room, "AAAAAHH! SOME OF YOU ARE BLOODY MURDERERS!"

The room became chaotic after that outburst. "NOOO! I will live!" "MAMA MIA!" "Dang it!" "I see fire~" 

All of the 14 remaining mages in the room ran away from the room and sought refuge somewhere else. Most went alone due to not trusting anyone, but four of them gathered in the Master Bedroom.

"It's time to mix things up." The Nightshade told the other three. "Don't worry, we'll win the Game of Death. Those 'good' mages don't stand a chance."

======

Night Zero has begun. It will last for 24 hours. Strictly no commenting on the thread at this phase; all Night Actions are to be submitted in PM to me.

======
Magic and Curses! Another Mafia Game Cast

Monsieur Divergent as your Game Moderator/Host
S. Paul as ???
Lykos Hand as ???
Hongaarse Beer as ???
Jace Stormkirk as ???
Twin Aero as ???
HUEnd as ???
Another Retired Shipper as ???
Megagun as ???
Hycrox as ???