Chapter 1: I don't want to be here (the journal of a trainer)

Vhandrake

Quick disclaimer, this is the first time i do this, and probably the only one, unless i really enjoy it! from now on, every time i post a chapter, i'll be "Vhan", the trainer, not the real me, like getting into character, and the replies i'll make, unless the commentator directs the comment to the real me, will be replied as "Vhan"... I hope it's fun in some sort, probably someone else have done it, this is not a mono-run, this is just the story of a trainer who had a past before Reborn... So, everything is set, let's start chapter 1! (Feel free to join Vhan and talk directly to him, giving him advice or something! That is after all, the goal of this, inmersing us all in Reborn, my character will be aware of all the info he gets from the previous episode, and his personality will develop according to people replying or don't, and what kind of replies he gets, the chapters will move on no matter how many replies (even i doesn't have any) all of that will just develop the character's personality and confidence). I guess i'm repeating myself at this point... 

BTW: Sorry for the grammar, english is not my native language and i'm trying my best! 

-I've had this journal for quite a long time, not really needing to write anything on it cause my life was, in a way, kinda boring, not worthy of wasting ink and paper... I mean, sure it was fun, but not that big of a deal, but now i'm stuck here and i'm terrified... So i need to do something about this or i'll just... Well, i needed a way to express myself right now, so this journal will do.

It all started some years ago, when my brother, who's 1 year older than me decided to start a journey, mom gave the both of us journals (Yes, i decided to join on his journey too, even tho i wasn't really sure what i wanted to do with my life). We're from Kalos, my brother and i heard somewhere about a trainer from Kanto who wasn't really good, but he helped to save our region not so long ago, so as a tribute, sorta, we decided to start our journey in Kanto.

My brother right off the bat started to have battles, and winning badges, and eventually challenging the Elite 4, even tho he lost against Agatha, he did an amazing job and left everyone impressed in Kanto... As for me? Well, i didn't feel prepared, so i never battled with my Froakie (The starter i chose, my brother decided to choose Chespin)... I pretty much decided to watch my brother and maybe learn a thing or two... I just didn't feel ready at all...

When we decided to continue our journey and go to Johto, my brother was really mad at me cause i didn't even caught one Pokémon, i didn't even battle one, so on the way to the airport he decided to help me catch one, "Even if it is a souvenier or however you say it" he said.. So we found an Abra, he thought it was a great first catch for me cause i'm always thinking, i guess he's right.. That Abra took us the whole day to catch him cause he wouldn't stop teleporting, but we did, and there i caught my first Pokémon... 

In Johto things didn't change a bit, i didn't battle, didn't catch anything but a Cyndaquil we found on the streets, i fed him and from then he wouldn't just separate from me, so i catched it.. On the other hand my brother caught like 50 Pokémon, won all gym badges, defeated the Elite 4 and lost against the champion, a really tough one may i say.

Hoenn our next trip was kinda different, i decided to catch the first Pokémon i see and for once, train and battle... That first one was Taillow... The battle was traumatic for me, Abra fainted since all he did was Teleport from one place to the other, and Froakie barely managed to keep it up before i could catch it... I didn't like that... It was way more savage than i thought... My brother on the other hand met a girl in Hoenn and fell in love, he didn't really care for all the battling thing, even tho he won all the badges, he didn't challenge the Elite 4 this time around.. We moved on...

Sinnoh surprised us, even tho it was great the trip there was kinda short, my brother won a couple of badges and just stopped trying, so we just wanderer around Sinnoh, one night we stayed with a Pokémon breeder, he gave the 3 of us an egg, and when he gave me the egg he said "I'm not giving you random eggs, i'm giving you a Pokémon that will help you along the way, and in a way, is related to your personality"... My brother's egg was a Slakoth, powerfull as a Slaking but looses interest pretty quick, kind of like my brother, my brother's girlfriend received Shinx, cute and energetic, but powerful, again the breeder was accurate.. And my egg was a Riolu, immediatly i thought "Lucario? But.. But Lucario is a powerful Pokémon... I haven't even battled once, i'm not powerful", as a response, my brother smiled to me, said "He saw what i see in you" and nothing else... I was confused all the trip to Unova, our next region, what is that my brother and the breeder see in me? I just don't get it...

Unova was a wonderful place, my brother decided to train again and won all the badges, his girlfriend an i were pretty much observers.. I like to see my brother battle, he's awesome and i learn alot from it, even tho i never apply it cause i don't battle...

When he won against the Elite 4, he challenged the champion and barely lost, he almost had it!! But a surprise was in the way, you see, when the battle was over, one of the Elite 4 said he needed to retire cause he had health problems he needed to take care of, and asked my brother to become an Elite 4, not sure if that's the procedure, he looked at me and said "I guess this is where my travels end".. I was surprised, but not really at the same time, i knew he loved Unova more than any other region, and he and his girlfriend were looking for a place to live together when the trip was over.. So it was a deal he couldn't refuse, and i'm not mad at him, i'm happy he found his place in life, as for me i don't dare to continue, so i'll just return to Kalos, as a goodbye-gift my brother gave the last Pokémon he caught, it was a shiny Accelgor, that was really weak, but well, it was shiny so he caught it... I didn't mind it was weak, it was a lovely Pokémon and in any case, i don't battle. 

We said goodbye and i left, i took a train that, with a few stops, would take me to Kanto, and from there i would take a plane to Kalos... One of the stops was a region we decided to don't go on, we've been told it was dangerous and for the wrong reasons, but it was a.. I don't know.. 15 minutes stop? Nothing could go wrong if i stay in the station... I would've stayed in Unova if i knew...

The train exploded, apparentely from a terrorist attack from i can barely hear as they take all of us survivors outside the train, i'm in shock, Ame talked to me, i could barely hear what she said, i was more preoccupied than ever, i'm in region i don't know, Reborn, that place you just don't go, i don't want to be here, I DON'T! a green-haired girl appeared, said something i couldn't hear and she asked me if i was going to challenge the gyms or something like that, i said no, i didn't like to battle, and on Reborn is just a no-no... She said that i had to, some other stuff and left... I went to the Gran Hall and Ame asked me if i was a trainer, i said yes, but i've never battled before, so she game some stuff to prepare myself, i'm just way too confused to explain myself, i just want to leave Reborn as soon as i can... I met a girl called Victoria and a guy called Cain, they didn't seem like bad guys.. As for the train, no one knew how long would it take to get repaired, so my nightmare happened, i was stuck in the most dangerous region there is... I asked someone in the Gran Hall for a hotel to stay, when i was leaving a dude told me about an extremely rare and powerful Pokémon for just 500.. I said that i would take it, 500 is not that big of a deal, i guess, i had alot of money i gathered from our travels, as soon as i took it, someone from behind punched me in the neck, took the Pokémon and left, the other guy saw everything and did nothing, he just said "No refunds"... This is it, i'm not leaving the Gran Hall, i'll just sleep in a sofa or something... I'm too scared to do anything.. I can't defend myself.. I need help, but how? How could anyone help me here? 

That is it for now, this journal is now my treasure, along with my partners... 

Edited by Vhandrake

Hey! Are you ok? You don't seem to be well.

Are those pokeballs? So you are a trainer too? But the look on your face says the opposite.

I'm a trainer too. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask me.

But first, I have to tell you something: this is Reborn. If you want to survive, you will need to get stronger. Not many people show mercy here, you have to adapt to this region.

2 minutes ago, Alextron said:

Hey! Are you ok? You don't seem to be well.

Are those pokeballs? So you are a trainer too? But the look on your face says the opposite.

I'm a trainer too. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask me.

But first, I have to tell you something: this is Reborn. If you want to survive, you will need to get stronger. Not many people show mercy here, you have to adapt to this region.

Well, i guess i'm a trainer since i have Pokémon... Even tho i never battled before, to be honest i'm really scared... What should i do? Apparentely i'll be stuck here for who knows how long, since the train is pretty much destroyed.. So i'll need to survive, should i explore and try to find a hotel or a place to sleep or should i stay in the Gran Hall and wait? I wonder if they'll let me sleep in here... 

Just now, Vhandrake said:

Well, i guess i'm a trainer since i have Pokémon... Even tho i never battled before, to be honest i'm really scared... What should i do? Apparentely i'll be stuck here for who knows how long, since the train is pretty much destroyed.. So i'll need to survive, should i explore and try to find a hotel or a place to sleep or should i stay in the Gran Hall and wait? I wonder if they'll let me sleep in here... 

I don't think you'll be able to use the train anytime soon. Plus, the Pokemon League here is different from what you have possibly experienced.

Let's go outside for starters and get some fresh air. Or maybe not, fresh air is not quite present inside the city.

And perhaps teaching you how to battle will be necessary for your own well-being.

Hey. You ok? You seem a little down. Idk what's going on but whatever it is, you can't let it bring you down. This region is in pretty rough shape but... I came here to try to make it a better place. Idk what I can do but I gotta try something. Maybe you can too. You seem to be a trainer as well. I am one too. Even though I haven't had much experience with battling, I always wanted to go on an adventure and collect badges. Oops! Silly me. My name is Quakez. It's nice to meet ya.

12 minutes ago, Alextron said:

I don't think you'll be able to use the train anytime soon. Plus, the Pokemon League here is different from what you have possibly experienced.

Let's go outside for starters and get some fresh air. Or maybe not, fresh air is not quite present inside the city.

And perhaps teaching you how to battle will be necessary for your own well-being.

Thank you! At least someone is nice here.. Yeh, i've seen the water all messed up... Like toxic or something.. i'll stay here a little more i guess, and then i may go outside.. I'll catch up with you! 

12 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Hey. You ok? You seem a little down. Idk what's going on but whatever it is, you can't let it bring you down. This region is in pretty rough shape but... I came here to try to make it a better place. Idk what I can do but I gotta try something. Maybe you can too. You seem to be a trainer as well. I am one too. Even though I haven't had much experience with battling, I always wanted to go on an adventure and collect badges. Oops! Silly me. My name is Quakez. It's nice to meet ya.

Hello Quakez, my name is Vhan... I came here by accident... I was in the train when it exploded and now i'm stuck here... So you want to change Reborn? It's seems pretty hopeless to me.. But i always admire a person who doesn't give up, thats is good for you... 

1 minute ago, Vhandrake said:

Thank you! At least someone is nice here.. Yeh, i've seen the water all messed up... Like toxic or something.. i'll stay here a little more i guess, and then i may go outside.. I'll catch up with you! 

Thanks, I will see you later then.

And forgive me for my rudeness, I haven't introduced myself properly. I'm Alex.

Hello Quakez, my name is Vhan... I came here by accident... I was in the train when it exploded and now i'm stuck here... So you want to change Reborn? It's seems pretty hopeless to me.. But i always admire a person who doesn't give up, thats is good for you... 

Well you never know til you try. This may sound a little silly but I feel like I was destined to come here. Haha. You know, I just realized I'm kinda sounding crazy with my talking. I know we just met but I'm curious. What Pokemon do you have?

19 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Well you never know til you try. This may sound a little silly but I feel like I was destined to come here. Haha. You know, I just realized I'm kinda sounding crazy with my talking. I know we just met but I'm curious. What Pokemon do you have?

It's alright, it's good have a goal... My only goal now is to leave Reborn as soon as i can.. With me i have a Froakie, my starter, Abra than i met in Kanto, a Cyndaquil i met in Johto, a Taillow i met in Hoenn, a Riolu that i got from an egg in Sinnoh, and finally a gift from my brother before we separated ways, an Accelgor that was caught in Unova.

It's alright, it's good have a goal... My only goal now is to leave Reborn as soon as i can.. With me i have a Froakie, my starter, Abra than i met in Kanto, a Cyndaquil i met in Johto, a Taillow i met in Hoenn, a Riolu that i got from an egg in Sinnoh, and finally a gift from my brother before we separated ways, an Accelgor that was caught in Unova.

I'm back. Seems like you didn't go out yet, but it's alright. About this business i had, I managed to get my 4rth gym badge and oh boy it wasn't easy.

Hm...you have quite the team there. And these pokemon are a rare find for beginners in Reborn so you should feel good for having them this early.

But these pokemon alone won't do. Training up more pokemon for upcoming challenges is a must in this League.

3 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

That's quite an impressive team. You know, that Abra of yours could be quite useful to you to get closer to your Pokemon. Maybe even help you decide on what to do. I think it can talk to you telepathically.

2 hours ago, Alextron said:

I'm back. Seems like you didn't go out yet, but it's alright. About this business i had, I managed to get my 4rth gym badge and oh boy it wasn't easy.

Hm...you have quite the team there. And these pokemon are a rare find for beginners in Reborn so you should feel good for having them this early.

But these pokemon alone won't do. Training up more pokemon for upcoming challenges is a must in this League.

2 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

That's quite an impressive team. You know, that Abra of yours could be quite useful to you to get closer to your Pokemon. Maybe even help you decide on what to do. I think it can talk to you telepathically.

Thank you guys for all the help... I don't think i wanna challenge the League, i just wanna get out of here... And you're right Quakez.. I've been told Abra can do that, even tho he never really did it as far as i know.. Maybe he doesn't have it? As for now, i guess i will just leave the Gran Hall and try to find that hotel the other dude was talking about.. Thank you guys again, hopefully i'll catch you both soon! 

2 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

Thank you guys for all the help... I don't think i wanna challenge the League, i just wanna get out of here... And you're right Quakez.. I've been told Abra can do that, even tho he never really did it as far as i know.. Maybe he doesn't have it? As for now, i guess i will just leave the Gran Hall and try to find that hotel the other dude was talking about.. Thank you guys again, hopefully i'll catch you both soon! 

No problem. See you again friend!

• 2 weeks later...