Favourite Pokémon Gen VII?

Vhandrake

Hey guys! It's friday, it's 10pm, i haven't recieved my pokémons yet so to kill some time we could just chat a little, if you want to, of course! So as a starting subject, what is your favourite Gen VII Pokémon? And why? 
As for me, I believe my favourites are Silvally and Golisopod, just for design alone, stat wise i prefer Silvally, but my preferences are a fast, strong pokémon with weak defenses... Kind off like a glass cannon, which i haven't found in gen VII so far... What about you? :D

Thanks for replying! :D

passimian is probably one of my favorites in terms of design. it's not super glamorous or anything, but i think he just looks cool.

shiinotic has also grown on me while i played sun, he saved the day so many times for me, and also he's pretty creepy looking.

torracat reminds me of rusty/firepaw from the warriors series, which i used to read when i was little, so i like him too.

If you don't mind a top 5 (it seems these things default to that for me).  I've never played the games, so some of this might not be accurate and I certainly don't remember a fair amount of them.

Spoiler

5) Golisopod-  An awesome bug type, which I've just really come to appreciate.  A combination of power and an easy way to abuse it's (base 90 power priority move), though it probably should be bulkier to use this strategy.  Bonus points for good design and belonging to your boy, Guzma

4) Alolan Raichu---While I've never been a fan of the Pikachu line, I've liked the surfing concept for them.  Combine that with good typing and pancake theme and we've got a Pokemon I like.

3) Pheromosa--Automatically drawn to it because of it's odd design and early theories that it was tied (an alternate form) for Lusimine (like early speculation Lillie was the jellyfish UB).  Also strong Ragyou Kirurin vibes, reinforced by it's distaste at being touched.  I'm surprised this isn't one of your favorites @Vhandrake, since it is purely a glass canon that got shot up to Ubers.

2) Mimikyu--With Fairy being my favorite type since Gen 6 (sorry Fire and Psychic), of course this little one would be one here.  Solid typing, adorable design, videos of many people getting their ass handed to them by Totem Mimikyu, and backstory hammered down by Nintendo though music.

1) Primarina--My new favorite starter because I'm now biased to Fairy types, and probably just to get on the opposite end from Incinaroar, which I'm still disappointed in.  My favorite starter type since Gen 5 combined with majestic design helped this along, which was furthered by the backlash some had toward the pre-evolution's design (I seem to enjoy going against the grain).  I might not know first had how Primarina does in combat, but I haven't heard many bad things about it.

Edited by seki108

7 minutes ago, seki108 said:

If you don't mind a top 5 (it seems these things default to that for me).  I've never played the games, so some of this might not be accurate and I certainly don't remember a fair amount of them.

Hide contents

5) Golisopod-  An awesome bug type, which I've just really come to appreciate.  A combination of power and an easy way to abuse it's (base 90 power priority move), though it probably should be bulkier to use this strategy.  Bonus points for good design and belonging to your boy, Guzma

4) Alolan Raichu---While I've never been a fan of the Pikachu line, I've liked the surfing concept for them.  Combine that with good typing and pancake theme and we've got a Pokemon I like.

3) Pheromosa--Automatically drawn to it because of it's odd design and early theories that it was tied (an alternate form) for Lusimine (like early speculation Lillie was the jellyfish UB).  Also strong Ragyou Kirurin vibes, reinforced by it's distaste at being touched.  I'm surprised this isn't one of your favorites @Vhandrake, since it is purely a glass canon that got shot up to Ubers.

2) Mimikyu--With Fairy being my favorite type since Gen 6 (sorry Fire and Psychic), of course this little one would be one here.  Solid typing, adorable design, videos of many people getting their ass handed to them by Totem Mimikyu, and backstory hammered down by Nintendo though music.

1) Primarina--My new favorite starter because I'm now biased to Fairy types, and probably just to get on the opposite end from Incinaroar, which I'm still disappointed in.  My favorite starter type since Gen 5 combined with majestic design helped this along, which was furthered by the backlash some had toward the pre-evolution's design (I seem to enjoy going against the grain).  I might not know first had how Primarina does in combat, but I haven't heard many bad things about it.

That is an awesome Top 5, since alolan Raichu with the surfing theme was announced i thought that the Pikachu with blue eyes we saw in the first season, if i'm not wrong, was some sort of pre-alolan Raichu, but i was wrong...

As for fairy type being your favourite, THAT'S TOO BAD CAUSE MY FAVOURITE IS DRAGON -.- (Even tho i love the fairy legendary, Xerneas) 

I like Pheromosa, not alot with it's types, also i didn't try to add the beasts or the legendaries, otherwise Solgaleo would be there on the top 3 for sure! 

4 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

I like Pheromosa, not alot with it's types, also i didn't try to add the beasts or the legendaries, otherwise Solgaleo would be there on the top 3 for sure! 

Ah, makes sense.  Usually I don't include legendaries/mysticals, but I had to in this case.  I really had trouble remembering a good many of the gen 7 mons.

That is an awesome Top 5, since alolan Raichu with the surfing theme was announced i thought that the Pikachu with blue eyes we saw in the first season, if i'm not wrong, was some sort of pre-alolan Raichu, but i was wrong...

Good old Puka.....a lot of people made the comparison, so don't feel bad.

As for fairy type being your favourite, THAT'S TOO BAD CAUSE MY FAVOURITE IS DRAGON -.- (Even tho i love the fairy legendary, Xerneas) 

Just don't come at me with Hydregon that isn't scarffed or the new psudo, with their whole 4x's weakness and all.

Edited by seki108

8 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Ah, makes sense.  Usually I don't include legendaries/mysticals, but I had to in this case.  I really had trouble remembering a good many of the gen 7 mons.

Good old Puka.....a lot of people made the comparison, so don't feel bad.

Just don't come at me with Hydregon that isn't scarffed or the new psudo, with their whole 4x's weakness and all.

Funny thing is that one of the reasons i like glass cannons in Pokémon is for Reborn itself... Most of the times i'll find a Pokémon that will attack first for some weird reason (That freaking Anorith in the bug gym) and in general, you KO in 1 hit on they KO you in 1 hit, at least for my experience... So that's why i go with that style, destroy as fast as possible, or be destroyed the same way.

I've never played the games so I can't speak about this competitively but...

1. Alolan Exeggutor is great. Who can resist that long sexy neck.

2. Alolan Ninetales looks good and seems like a really well rounded pokemon in terms of stats and ability.

Edited by Peanuts

28 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I've never played the games so I can't speak about this competitively but...

1. Alolan Exeggutor is great. Who can resist that long sexy neck.

2. Alolan Ninetales looks good and seems like a really well rounded pokemon in terms of stats and ability.

As for Alolan forms my favourite is Marowak, and i've heard Alolan Marowak is awesome for competitive.

11 minutes ago, Lucky1998 said:

I love Type: Null and Silvally, both design-wise and because of the reason behind their existence

Type: Null and Silvally are awesome! I remember people were suggesting he was made with the starters parts... Guess they were wrong! 

1. A-Ninetalis

I liked normal Ninetails but the fairy/ice theme fits the design so well

2. Marshadow

Way too cute

3.  Wishiwashi 

I enjoy that it is a weak little guy that groups up and scares gyarados

4. Solgaleo

It's an amazing looking Lion, the lack of fire typing surprises me though

5. Mimikyu

pretty damn adorable

I never played Sun and Moon, or had that much exposure to the designs (with the exception of the UBs), but from playing the Rejuvenation update, I am already loving Togedemaru. I love the iron barns ability, it's signature move Zing Zap which can cause flinching, and the fact it can learn Spiky Shield. It single handedly took down a certain ace against a certain double battle in the update. So far, my choice is Togedemaru. I just need a Rocky Helmet, and the setup will be complete.

Quite a few actually. I find a lot of them either fun to use or really cool aesthetically/flavor wise. To narrow it down to 5:

Mimikyu - just great in every way

Golisopod - a bit tricky to use and slow but can be quite effective when played right and great for stealing kills in battle royale. And it looks badass.

A-Muk - took a meh pokemon and made him amazing. Very effective and rather cool looking in battle

A-Marowak - conceptually it's probably the coolest A-form. It looks especially good in battle and with a thick club hits HARD. Vanilla Marowak is straight up boring in comparison.

Tsareena - excellent design and concept, extremely satisfying as a conclusion to bounsweet(who i feel is honestly one of the weaker alolan designs). Excellent support and tougher than you'd initially expect.