Your Top 5: Legendary Pokemon

lifesapity

Just wanted to make a thread and see what everyone's favorite Legendary/Mythical Pokemon (or Ultra Beast) are, and your reason if you have one. :)

5. Darkrai
Tough competition for spot 5, ended up choosing Darkrai because I enjoy the nightmare monster thematic he has.

4. Marshadow
LOOK HOW GOD DAMN CUTE HE IS. LOOK AT IT!!!

3. Rayquaza
Never played Gen III but I've always enjoyed this pokemon's design and the shiny looks amazing to boot.

2. Lugia
Fell in love with this pokemon after watching the Pokemon 2000 movie as a child, I love everything about it.

1. Articuno
I've always had a love for pure Ice themed fantasy such as the powers used by Tōshirō Hitsugaya.
I think this bird is where that all started, I can still remember going through that maze in the Seafoam Islands and at the end finding this beautiful creature.
I think I will always look at it fondly and will probably stay at the top of this list for the foreseeable future.

5.Darkrai 

just because of pokemon: the rise of darkrai

4.Mewtwo

because of design and backstory

3.Celebi 

because of its design and cuz i just feel a serious relatable connection with it

2.Dialga

1.cuz ruler of time 2. cuz of its typing and design and 3. cuz its the ONLY legendary and one of the dragons  to do super effective stab damagae to the fairies

1. Lugia

because typing, the movie, and its design 

A cool topic. Mine are pretty weird, but here they are:

Spoiler

5) Zapdos

One of the only legendaries I have ever added to my main team. His design is cool, and he is useful in battle. He is also a legendary of the electric type, my second favorite type

4) Arceus

His design is pretty blah, but his moveset makes me love him to death. This sounds strange, but when Darkrai didn't get the Dark Void nerf, I loved running Magic Coat Arceus to piss off the Dark Void users

3) Kyurem

I like this thing because of its ability to fuse. If anything, I have a preference towards Kyurem Black's design, but Kyurem White is the better pokemon

2) Mewtwo

THE OD OF THE OG. This guy was what you used if you really wanted to make your rival cry in Red/Blue

1) Groudon

Mr. Badass himself. I adore his design of a hulking behemoth. I always thought his design was the best of the trio. Rayquaza looked too Shenron-ey for me, and Kyogre's original sprite always made him look really tired and sad. Groudon also has access to Solarbeam, which is really cool considering his ability. Finally, I ADORE his primal form. He's FINALLY good against Kyogre!

I can't wait until there is a least favorite legendaries list!

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Weird topic for me, since I like many of them, but I never like using or facing them (when a player controls them).  Well, since I'm a stickler for technicalities, I'll have to make two lists:

Legendaries (includes mysticals, since everyone else is not separating them)

Spoiler

5) Kyurem

What is left when you take out most of a being's Truth and Ideals?  A neutral Ice dragon apparently.  Awesome design, that might get more awesome through fusion......still on the fence....like neutral Kuren.

4) Rayquaza

First premiering as a typical "oh hidden Legendary for the post-game", before becoming "equalizing force that spanks two other Legendaries when they misbehave".  Original Trio Master that got an extra layer of awesome when it saved the world.  Not higher because it's become as overhyped as Mewtwo

3) Cresselia

Awesome design + Defender of Dreams= Legendary Champion.  I don't know; I just love this enemy of Darkrai.

2)  Magearna

Adorable cinnamon bun who is too pure to learn Toxic.  Great typing, pokeball color scheme (in flashback), and story is a bonus.

1) Victini

Ultra Adorable powerhouse that can learn several legend-exclusive moves.  Can still smile through what sounds like a war-ridden backstory

Legndaries only

Spoiler

5) Ho-oh

Awesome phoenix bird that foretold future generations.  This pick is mostly nostalgia of both Gold and the first episode of the anime.

4) Giritina

Two awesome designs, combined with an awesome typing.  Add in some Distortion World shenanigans that might be remade eventually and a dash controling antimatter, and you have an awesome pokemon.

3) Kyurem

What is left when you take out most of a being's Truth and Ideals?  A neutral Ice dragon apparently.  Awesome design, that might get more awesome through fusion......still on the fence....like neutral Kuren.

2) Rayquaza

First premiering as a typical "oh hidden Legendary for the post-game", before becoming "equalizing force that spanks two other Legendaries when they misbehave".  Original Trio Master that got an extra layer of awesome when it saved the world.  Not higher because it's become as overhyped as Mewtwo

1) Cresselia

Awesome design + Defender of Dreams= Legendary Champion.  I don't know; I just love this enemy of Darkrai.

5.) Darkrai - Fast, powerful, dark and cool design.

4.) Genesect - The only legendary Pokemon that's also a fossil Pokemon.

3.) Mew - The second most versatile Pokemon and it's a cat :P

2.) Zekrom - Big, dark and fierce lightning dragon. Nuff said.

1.) Giratina - Essentially a dracolich. 

Edited by Animefan666

5. Suicune- Love Crystal, design is plain cool, and I still have the shiny from the Gamestop events a few years back.

4. Arceus- Love his design, i dunno why, it just appeals to me.

3. Shaymin- Favorite type, Favorite gen, keeps it 100.

2. Giritina- As the Platinum mascot, I am contractually obligated to have this in at least my top 3.

1. Darkrai- Really nothing bad to say about it. Arguably the best type, sleep move w/ bad dreams, and amazing design.

Zekrom  sprite from Omega Ruby & Alpha SapphireZekrom

Who needs Reshiram when you can have this bad boy?

Solgaleo  sprite from Sun & MoonSolgaleo

GET IN THE BAG

Suicune  sprite from Omega Ruby & Alpha SapphireSuicune

I just like gen 2 and its movie

Latios  sprite from X & YLatios

Idk why tbh, I just really like it's design and its movie

Lugia  sprite from Omega Ruby & Alpha SapphireLugia

Mah big buddy from the first pokemon game I actually owned, it looks cool, has an awesome movie, has the best theme ever and XD001 tho

5. Victini - Just really only like its design.

4. Dialga - It's a freaking beast!

3. Entei - Powerful Pokemon. Plus, I loved the movie with Entei in it.

2. Mewtwo - This dude has saved me multiple times in nuzlockes.

1. Lunala - This is the 1st time I really liked a Legenday Pokemon. I actually used it in my team in my Pokemon Moon run. It was AWESOME!

Mewtwo: My favourite legendary ever since i saw the movie, i was really mad (And still am) with the designs of the mega Mewtwos, both of them, and overall psyquics are my second favourite type (Dragons being my first).

Rayquaza: Really nothing to say, amazing design, amazing story, amazing type, love every single pixel of Rayquaza.

Lugia: Loved him since the movies too, i was really mad (Surprise) when i found out that Lugia is the defensive out of the 2 legendaries (The other one being Ho-Oh), since my play style is pretty much using fast glass cannons.

Xerneas: First and probably only fairy type i like, i always loved deers, so yeah, that's pretty much that.

Zapdos: Since they had to be 5, i added Zapdos, i used to like Articuno much more, but over the years i find Zapdos much more awesome, since he's pretty much the legendary bird-form of Jolteon, one of my favourites overall.

Edit: I really don't know if i want to add Solgaleo instead of Zapdos, cause Solgaleo's desing is AWESOME but i know nothing about it since i haven't played Pokémon Sun...

Edited by Vhandrake

5. Nebby. Because memes :]

4. Rayquaza. It's just cool. Great concept, great design, great story...

3. Dialga. Its design is excellent, and I loved it in PMD: Explorers

2. Giratina. I love the Origin Forme's design and the whole mon's concept.

1. Mewtwo. "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Very hard to do TBH. In no particular order:

Deoxys -very cool concept and design, love the forme idea.

Victini - Love the way its colors flow together, its typing, and how strong it is. Also quite original and unique.

Zekrom - fierce design and exudes a manly sense of power while embodying its game's theme in a creative way.

Tapu Koko- I love the tapus, with Koko being my favorite. They have very cool lore and top tier designs, as well as cool abilities.

Dialga - time control is THE superpower I would want and having a metallic  dragon whose roar can tear apart spacetime itself? That is beyond awesome and it looks badass on top of it. I remember seeing a pic of Dialga is what got me back into pokemon lol.