A "format" that's been in my mind for a bit

Wolfox

Okay, so for the longest I had an idea of a format, then I forgot about it completely, and now I remember it again, so I would like to ask your oppinions on the idea. disclaimer: this is not a compete and fully detailed in any sence of the word, this is just something I thought up when I just started getting into showdown.

Type Link Battle!

The name should explain it, you create a team by having the pokemon have type links. for example a type triangle would be Nidoking, Crobat, Landorus.

now some more details:

the team would be made in two type triangles.

the types would have to link up as shown in the example.

Single type pokemon are NOT allowed, they don't have a second type that can link to the second mon in the triangle.

Pokemon that gain a new type with a mega form are also NOT allowed. that could mean that you could just not mega if that triangle has a bad time when it is mega'd.

Pokemon in Ubers are Not allowed.

If you use an alolan form, that typing HAS to link to the other mons (kicked in an open door I believe)

Now I know this will probably never be an official tier, but I would still like to hear your oppinions on it :)

TBH this could be a decent OM in the smogon. They always accept opinions about this they might consider development something like this ( If they dont have it already)

But rather than a triangle, they would probably make it hexagon and make everything linked to each other.

Sounds really cool by the way 

Just now, Shingo said:

TBH this could be a decent OM in the smogon. They always accept opinions about this they might consider development something like this ( If they dont have it already)

But rather than a triangle, they would probably make it hexagon and make everything linked to each other.

Sounds really cool by the way 

that could also work, likely even better! I just went with triangle because that's what my 15 year old mind found easier to keep track of.

I think it sounds cool and interesting. I don't play competitive or showdown or whatsoever, but I do think that it's a good idea. Like @Shingo said, you can always bring it up somewhere (Smogon). If the idea is good enough, they will probably consider implementing it.