Choose my Team Season 2 (Ongoing) (Latest Defeated: Adrienn) LP COMPLETE

Filthy Casual

After a long move, we are officially back for season 2! To remind everyone or newcomers how this LP works, I will be playing through Reborn as normal, except instead of catching and training mons I see fit, I leave the team building up to you. You tell me what I need to catch, train, and even name. So far, here are the main contributors of the Reborn team:

Spoiler

Galadriel (F) the Delphox

Jeremy (M) the Electivire

John Cena (M) the Toxicroak

Claptrap (M) the Gastrodon East Form

Tut (M) the Cofagrigus

Fortitude (F) the Krookodile

Elsa (F) the Glaceon

Last time, we decimated Luna's life. We will be moving on to Sampson (and if he is anything like my first play through, I am NOT looking forward to this). Who should I catch? Who should I box? What should the names be? Let me know! We are on to the second part of the series!

Edited by FactoryofSadness

11 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

you should get a bronzong, and name it Uncle Ben @sailboat loves that name^^ also it tanks Sampsons attacks

lol am not sure if zong is obtainable at that point tho but yeah prolly bronzor. I would suggest hawlucha and crustle and name them  Luchador and The Rock respectively.

We have not fought Samson yet, but I wanted to give you all a quick update. I am going to need to wait a bit for Hawlucha, as it is currently not daytime where I am. However, I DID catch a new team member that could help greatly against Charlotte:

Spoiler

592e2fca78394_ScreenShot2017-05-30at10_49_21PM.thumb.png.e1883f47a08b0aa1231d1114446cad4a.png

I have a feeling he and John Cena are going to get along just fine...

Crustle has access to counter which would be a great help against Sampson's Ace mon, i think counter is an egg move though :/ also Bronzong can help against charlotte with its Heat proof ability

We.

Beat.

SAMSON!!!

I really detest fighting him, and we were able to take him down so easily! This was a team win, and everyone pulled their own weight! Here is who participated in the fight:

Spoiler

Galadriel the Delphox (who stole the life orb and became an immediate threat)

Jeremy the Elective (who was a huge deterrent to Hawlucha)

John Cena the Toxicroak (who dealt the finishing blow with Sucker Punch)

Tut the Cofagrigus (whose Will-o-Wisp and mummy ability saved us)

The Rock the Crustle (who was a great wall for healing - he didn't help as much today, but he should be really good for Charlotte)

Luchador the Hawlucha (the lowest team member at 45, but still helped out against Lucario with Flying Press)

We are about to get Surf! Who should we add on the way to Charollete? Who do we box? Let me know! We will be looking for an Octillery next!

After a really good battle, Charlotte is down! Here's how we got through this notorious fight:

Spoiler
  • Claptrap the Gastrodon and Tut the Cofagrigus get sent out
  • Tut tries to Destiny Bond, but instead gets hit by Darmanitan, getting thrown away harder than Amaria's feelings after she read the diary
  • Typhlosion tries to use Solarbeam, giving Claptrap enough time to use Surf to lower accuracy
  • While Darmanitan gets healed, one of the fight's MVPs gets sent out: Uncle Ben the Bronzong
  • Typhlosion blows away Claptrap while Uncle Ben uses Trick Room
  • The second MVP gets sent out: "The Rock" the Crustle
  • The Rock proceeds to Rock Slide everyone into oblivion, until he reaches the Nineties, who he Rock Wreckers instead

This team is rolling through opponents! We will be seeing if Heather is alright next! Along the way, we have picked up more party members. As such, here is who we have in the party right now:

Spoiler

Galadriel the Delphox

Jeremy the Electivire

Claptrap the Gastrodon

Tut the Cofagrigus

The Rock the Crustle

Uncle Ben the Bronzong

In addition, here are the teammates in our PC:

Spoiler

John Cena the Toxicroak

Fortitude the Krookodile

Elsa the Glaceon

Luchador the Hawlucha

Who should be switched out? What should we catch? What should their names be? Let me know! Blake is next!

It's been a bit since I have updated you, but just a quick update:

I DESPISE EVERYTHING THAT IS BLAKE AND HIS STUPID FACE

He has become the first major roadblock in this play through. Given this, how should we tackle Blake? Also, tonight, we go for an Absol!

• 4 weeks later...

...uh... so it's been a while...

I have been busy both moving and going on a European vacation for the past two weeks, so because of that, I have had very little time to play Reborn. Also, Blake is the absolute worst, and took FOREVER to beat. However, we FINALLY BEAT HIM! Here is the MVP of the fight:

Spoiler

An old friend, Fortitude the Krookodile, ended up being the main MVP. First, she took out Jynx with a Quick Claw Foul Play. Then, after the Vanilluxe attacked "The Rock", leaving him on one HP, giving enough time to set up Stealth Rocks, Quick Claw activated again, bringing Fortitude to +4 attack. As you can imagine, this was oh so satisfying.

We are FINALLY ready to head on to Terra, who seems to have baited us hard (which is honestly fine with me, because I never liked Terra). Here is our team:

Spoiler

MAIN PARTY

Galadriel the Delphox (Female)

• Light Screen
  • Flamethrower
  • Sunny Day
  • Psychic

Jeremy the Electivire (Male)

• Low Kick
  • Thunderbolt
  • Ice Punch
  • Thunder Punch

John Cena the Toxicroak (Male)

• Poison Jab
  • Mud Bomb
  • Sucker Punch
  • Drain Punch

Fortitude the Krookodile (Female)

• Foul Play
  • Swagger
  • Outrage
  • Earthquake

Elsa the Glaceon (Female)

• Frost Breath
  • Ice Shard
  • Ice Beam
  • Mirror Coat

The Rock the Crustle (Male)

• Stealth Rock
  • X-Scissor
  • Rock Slide
  • Rock Wrecker

IN THE BOX

Claptrap the Gastrodon (Male)

• Mud Bomb
  • Hidden Power Ice
  • Surf
  • Recover

Tut the Cofagrigus (Male)

• Destiny Bond
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Shadow Ball
  • Curse

Luchador the Hawlucnha (Male)

• Flying Press
  • High Jump Kick
  • Bounce
  • Feather Dance

Uncle Ben the Bronzong

• Extrasensory
  • Payback
  • Trick Room
  • Heavy Slam

We will also be catching an Absol and naming it "INCOMING!" Who else should we add? What should we name the new members (except for Absol, because that name is reserved for INCOMING!) Who should we use against Terra? Let me know! Thank you all for your patience, and I'm going to make sure this play through gets finished, because I'm not going to leave you in the dark again. I'm going to be better, because you all deserve the best.

P.S.: I also caught a shiny Wailmer while training. Does anyone want it?

EDIT: @U-M, you will be happy to know we FINALLY got the Absol! INCOMING! is male, with the ability Super Luck, and the Quiet nature.

Time for another update!

On our first try, we beat Terra! However, that doesn't mean it was easy. Here is who contributed, as well as who did what:

Spoiler

Galadriel the Delphox: Abused the heck out of psychic

Jeremy the Elective: Surprisingly effective with the use of Ice Punch

Claptrap the Gastrodon: Surf and Mud Bomb spammer, helped out against both Claydol and Nidoking

Tut the Cofagrigus: Crippled the Excadrill with Will-O-Wisp

Elsa the Glaceon: Honestly, probably the MVP with the Ice Moves, especially against RAWRCHOMP

INCOMING! the Absol: Perish Song was the only reason Quagsire went down

On a side note, I think it's kind of insulting that Terra's Garchomp is a higher level than that of Solaris. I always felt that was off. Having said that, the next boss we will be fighting is Taka (again). However, there is also the option to skip him. Should we indulge him, or leave him to Solaris? Also, who should we catch? Name? Use? Let me know down below!

Another day, another update!

After winning a close battle, we went off to find Titania. As it turns out, she was doing just fine, and getting acquainted with some new friends down in the water treatment facility. We went on ahead, and found a new team member:

Spoiler

5956695e2b8ad_ScreenShot2017-06-30at11_06_00AM.png.2aa11622c1bc36f655f93796e5f2fe81.png

For those of you unfamiliar, in season one, @Frozenwolf94 requested I catch a Gulpin and name it Pacman. However, I never got around to it. Fortunately, I found this Swalot instead, and it is now the highest leveled member of the team!

Taka requested we defeat him in a battle in order to make it look like he tried. However, it certainly fooled me, as well, because his Chatot turns out to be the spawn of Satan. Luckily, we managed to pull through thanks to Jeremy the Electivire and Elsa the Glaceon.

Afterwards, we went back to Titania's house, only to find more Meteor grunts. We dispatched of the first two with ease, only to fight Blake and Fern next. From my personal experience, this is without a doubt the hardest fight in the game. I DESPISE how good Blake is, and Fern is still just as annoying as ever. However, with enough patience and a little bit of luck, they both went down. However, we still had one fight to go. The best trainer we have faced, with the most intimidating Pokemon at his disposal, the one, the only...

...New World Orderly John.

Without a doubt, this is the toughest individual trainer we have faced so far. His team walled ours pretty well, and it was an extremely tough battle. That Whiscash was extremely deadly, and without Julia's Electrode using Foul Play, we would never even make it past that.

On a side note, I had no idea that Julia could fight alongside you. It took me completely by surprise. Apparently, that's what happens if you beat that Garchomp on the mountain.

New World Orderly John would have been the toughest fight in the game, but in order to nerf him, he was paired up with some scrub named Solaris. Julia and I decimated his team before it could do anything. Even his Garchomp got blown away in one turn with the combo of Elsa's Ice Shard and Julia's Rotom-Fan's HP Ice (on another side note, a flying type levitate Mon with an air balloon is hilarious). Also, again, it's insulting that we fight a Garchomp which is a LOWER LEVEL THAN TERRA'S. At least make it a higher level. This is the boss of Team Meteor, and his ace is weaker than the last gym leader's.

Finally, we are going to be fighting Ciel. Who should we use? Catch? Name? We still need to collect the Riolu egg. Let me know, as Ciel is next!

Another badge belongs to us! We took down Ciel is a thrilling battle! Here is who the MVP is:

Spoiler

There are two MVPs for this fight. Jeremy Shockey the Electivire and Elsa the Glaceon dominated for a majority of the fight. However, there are also two additional members who deserve some recognition: "The Rock" the Crustle for setting up Stealth Rocks, crippling her team, and Pacman the Swalot, who held an Air Balloon to cheese over the Archeops with Earthquake. It would also toxic anything that would switch in.

We are almost done with this LP! All that remains is to chase down the Meteors in Devon Corp, and then, we fight Adrienn! Who do we catch? Name? Use? Let me know! We are REALLY close to the end!

Well, we tried to invade the Meteor Base, but surprise surprise, it was a trap. Lin seems to have lured us all in, trying to get rid of us for good. We haven't beaten the entire base yet, and normally, I would wait to update you all when we are finished, but MY GOD, VICTORIA WAS HARD. Not quite Blake & Fern hard, but she was a challenge. I like to go in under leveled, and it was hard to win for this fight as a result. However, we ended up pulling through because of these two MVPs:

Spoiler

Uncle Ben the Bronzong: His Trick Room really helped us set up against his Gallade and Lucario, crippling them severely

Tut the Cofagrigus: After Uncle Ben was shot again (poor Spiderman can't catch a break), Tut used the Trick Room to take out Gallade with a Shadow Ball, as well as bait Lucario with Destiny Bond

After she told us to leave her, we ended up moving onward. We will need to face DJ Arclight next. Who should we use for that fight? Then, who do we use for ZEL? Let me know down below!

Current Team

Galadriel the Delphox

Jeremy the Electivire

John Cena the Toxicroak

Claptrap the Gastrodon

Fortitude the Krookodile

Tut the Cofagrigus

Elsa the Glaceon

Luchador the Hawlucha

The Rock the Crustle

Uncle Ben the Bronzong

INCOMING! the Absol

Pacman the Swalot

Well, we finally made it through the Meteor base. It didn't go so well, as we saw the champion get decapitated in front of our eyes. Lin took her remaining Pokemon, so does that mean she will be using them for the final boss? Either way, Ame's dead (RIP in spaghetti, never forghetti).

DJ Arclight provided an interesting challenge, but he proved no match for Jeremy and Elsa. Afterwards, we moved on to ZEL, who provided a very fun battle. The PULSE Magnezone was intimidating, but thanks to a crit flamethrower by Galadriel, we took it down. Now Zero is by himself, and Arclight lost an eye.

We are on to the final battle of the LP! Who should we use for the fight? Let me know down below.

We made it! The final leader has been defeated, and we have beaten our run! Here is the MVP of our final fight:

Spoiler

Easily, our MVP is Uncle Ben the Bronzong. His Trick Room and Heavy Slam combination was killer. As the last man standing, he lived the whole fight. Peter Parker would have been crying tears of joy.

Doing this LP has been a real treat. I could not have done this without all of you who have followed me. Because of this, here is what I offer: if you named one of the Mons in the run, I will give you that Mon via a trade if you PM me. Now that the run is over, I want each of the members to continue to shine.

I have one last question for all of you: who do you think was the MVP of the play through? If you want to recap to see who did what, as well as who named who, check out season one here:

At last, here is, for the final time, YOUR Pokemon Reborn team:

Spoiler

5959307372809_DRAFTFINAL.thumb.JPG.af383232080cf9605c538843be919a70.JPG