Adrian too easy or am I too strong?

Zander

So I finally got around to fighting Adrian today.  I must say, his battle was short lived.  I opened with Emboar and noivern who managed to just pull off one hurricane and they went down. After that I bought out Magnezone and Nidoking......I don't think Adrian likes them anymore.  Earth power, sludge wave and discharge, flash cannon completely anhilated Adrian and his team. His mega Mawile didn't even get to display an attack! Though togekiss took Magnezone down, it went down immediately next turn via Nidoking's sludge wave. 

I should mention that in the huge break between episode 15 and 16,  I completely ev trained my pokemon in their best stats, while still leaving some evs for other stats. 

So magnezone for instance will have close to max in sp attack and speed, but also some evs in defense and sp defense.  Of course the only reason I did this was because I was anticipating a battle with Lin herself. She's becoming more like N though (I mean she's even got the same hair color!!). 

So I wanted to ask that is ev training considered as over the top training or will I get some kind of battle where ev training actually matters? 

Edited by Zander

2 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

By Adrian you mean Adrienn? (Serious question) If that is the case... It's not really that hard for me too... I found other gyms way more difficult... But sh, Ame doesn't need to buff it, IT'S OK LIKE THIS AME. WE LOVE IT.

Yes that's the..... guy? girl? Whoever but yeah that's xe. Just wondering how tough xe was 

Just now, Zander said:

Yes that's the..... guy? girl? Whoever but yeah that's xe. Just wondering how tough xe was 

I had quite a different team, i had an Arcanine, Metagross, Aggron, Lucario, Jolteon and i don't remember the last one... I had no trouble at all.

3 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

I had quite a different team, i had an Arcanine, Metagross, Aggron, Lucario, Jolteon and i don't remember the last one... I had no trouble at all.

3 steel types though.  Or maybe xe was easy 

Sheer force Nidoking's Sludge Wave puts a heavy dent on Adrienn's team, and paired with 3 steel types, you really shouldn't have problems with xyr.

Edited by HUEnd

It depends on team composition. I thought Adrienn was the hardest by far, but that was because my team consisted of a Scrafty and Noivern. The only ones good against Adrienn was Magnezone and Swampert (for Mawhile, and even then, grass moves are still a thing). I had to train my team up from scratch. Then again, I also thought Luna  and Terra was a complete joke, and I only used Swampert (Terra even got demolished by a BEARTIC).

4 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

It depe. nds on.  team composition. I thought Adrienn was the hardes. t by far, but that was because my team consisted of a Scrafty and Noivern. The only ones good against Adrienn was Magnezone and Swampert (for Mawhile, and even then, grass moves are still a thing). I had to train my team up from scratch. Then again, I also thought Luna  and Terra was a complete joke, and I only used Swampert (Terra even got demolished by a BEARTIC).

I had the most beautiful battle with luna ever.  I kill one pokemon and the next one kills mine.  I kill 2 pokemon, she makes sure to get at least 2 and half. In the end I sacrificed my greninja to heal a pokemon and had a grand stand off of Umbreon vs Granbull.  I really really loved that battle! 

10 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

im doing a dragon mono run as we speak,im stuck on the mirror gym atm.But once i pass this,adrienn would be the next real problem.But in regards to normal teams ive swept through it with my lucario w swords dance.

Lucario in dragon mono? 

Think it took 3 attempts my first try. That s going to be a problem going forward I'd imagine. The game was hard early because our Pokemon were much weaker. Now that ours are as strong as any Pokemon can be it's a lot harder to make an adequate challenge. 

1 minute ago, MetrololAce said:

Think it took 3 at. tempts my first try. That s going to be a problem going forward I'd imagine. The game was hard early because our Pokemon were much weaker. Now that ours are as strong as any Pokemon can be it's a lot harder to make an adequate challenge. 

I mean all Amy needs to do is make trainers and especially gym leaders have ev trained/iv bred Pokemon. That's all the challenge that's needed 

I personally found xem pretty difficult, but I don't have any strong poison or steel types, I was a bit under leveled and I'm not very good, so I find most gym battles kind of difficult to be honest. However xe was the toughest one I've had in quite a while. 

• Administrators

it's worth noting that granbull has EQ to take out steel and poison types but it never uses it because the AI doesn't know what gardevoir's telepathy is and it doesn't want to hurt its own teammate

so this will need to be reassessed after E17's AI updates

I had some trouble since I didn't have a regular steel type (I did train a 5IV Mettagross that I had gotten, but I don't like using 5IV's on my in-game team--it was only trained for absolute "I literally can't do it any other way" nessessities) and my poison types (Swalot and Rosarade) are iffy at times (at least Swallot is).  It took a few tries, especially once my fire mons were rendered partially useless.  It didn't take nearly as many tries as Shelly (or Charlotte), but it wasn't as easy as others had it.  I've since trained a regular steel type to cover that weakness.

@FactoryofSadness Pretty much this (about team composition).   I beat Noel first try without burning the field (didn't even know you could burn it) with two fighting types and Swallot and beat Luna about the same way (just with Gardveoir replacing Swalot).

Edited by seki108

27 minutes ago, seki108 said:

@FactoryofSadness Pretty much this (about team composition).   I beat Noel first try without burning the field (didn't even know you could) with two fighting types and Swallot and beat Luna about the same way (just with Gardveoir replacing Swalot).

What makes it even more interesting is even the fields can be exploitable. The other leader that took me days to beat was Sampson, because all of my team members were in the low 50s. I had to win by using Leavanny with Nature Power, turning it into acrobatics. This brought the first mon into the red (don't remember what it was). While it healed, I had Noivern use a metronome air slash until I won the game. That would not have worked had Nature Power had not been boosted by the field.

Oh yeah, maybe the battle was kinda easy because I used hurricane with noivern and blew away the mist off the field. Didn't even know that was possible 

On 5/30/2017 at 2:24 AM, Zander said:

Lucario in dragon mono? 

Well i said "in regards to "normal teams" as in regular play through T_T lol plus i said im stuck on serras gym cuz dragons vs ice so im not up to adrien on my mono run save.Hope u understand now :P

Edited by V for Vendetta
Fixing some typos

19 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

Well i said "in regards to "normal teams" as in regular play through T_T lol plus i said im stuck on serras gym cuz dragons vs ice so im not up to adrien on my mono run save.Hope u understand now :P

Lol yeah I do 

Adrienn was actually one of the most difficult for me. Though, I went through the game completely disregarding EV's and IV's making it that much more difficult. it wasn't until afterwards that I started trading/breeding.

Klinkklang + Gear Grind + Metronome + that "For Justice!" boost = Dead Adrienn really fast

Especially if you have an EV trained klinkklang in speed and attack and get off a shift gear so you outspeed everything. :P