I Just Hit The MOTHERLOAD of Jackpots

I had ordered a used copy of OrAs on Amazon like a week ago wanting to give it another chance, as I had only played it up to the third gym and quit for months out of boredom but 3rd gen is my third favorite gen and I absolutely love it. I got around to playing it today and wanted to see if the previous owner had any pokemon worth trading over to another game.

I kid you not, in his pc he had the following shinies: Makuhita, Sigilyph, Growlithe, Noivern, Yamask, Vaporeon, Metagross, Smeargle, Umbreon, Shelgon, Klefki, Trevenant, Greninja, Omastar, Squirtle, Volcarona, Jolteon, Aegislash, Scraggy, Charmander, Marowak, Gengar, Toxicroak, Nidoking, Luxray, and Tyranitar.

In his party: Another shiny Sigilyph, Alakazam, Gliscor, SB Blaziken, and Rotom-Wash.

About half of all the pokemon i just listed had pokerus too, AND they've been ev trained with competitive movesets. Needless to say, I'm glad I gave OrAs another chance :D.

Although, almost each shiny was from a different person, so I do kind of question why someone would go through all that trading, contacting, and training just to throw it all away. Hm. :(

• Global Mods

I mean there's a quite high chance that all or most of these are generated illegally rather than being found and trained legitimately, but either way thats still a fairly neat find, and I hope for you that they're legit =)

Hopefully they are legit.  Still, it would take some mighty bad circumstances to sell that, at least to a general market and not a person looking for a game with shinies.  One other explanation is that the owner had multiple copies of ORAS, planned to sell a few once Poke Bank opened, and then sold the wrong copy.....which is sad.

Edited by seki108

3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I mean there's a quite high chance that all or most of these are generated illegally rather than being found and trained legitimately, but either way thats still a fairly neat find, and I hope for you that they're legit =)

3 hours ago, seki108 said:

Hopefully they are legit.  Still, it would take some mighty bad circumstances to sell that, at least to a general market and not a person looking for a game with shinies.  One other explanation is that the owner had multiple copies of ORAS, planned to sell a few once Poke Bank opened, and then sold the wrong copy.....which is sad.

Oh.... um, would it damage my game or something if they aren't legit? I mean, they vary VASTLY in levels (literally anywhere from 1-100) and were all owned by different trainers, and it seemed like he was using them for the battle tower thing. I really don't know about that kind of hacking...

Just now, Smogoon Josh said:

Oh.... um, would it damage my game or something if they aren't legit? I mean, they vary VASTLY in levels (literally anywhere from 1-100) and were all owned by different trainers, and it seemed like he was using them for the battle tower thing. I really don't know about that kind of hacking...

I don't think they will.  It's just a question whether or not you could use them in wifi/online battling I believe...well you probably can, actually.  Then again, I haven't owned a copy of a Pokemon game since Fire Red (where I mostly stopped following Pokemon until X and Y), so I can't say for certain.   I don't even know how Wifi/online battles work since I haven't played any official game since Fire Red (except Black 2 on an emulator.......don't tell Nintendo). 

The fact that they are from different trainers does make it seem more legit, but a smart hacker probably wouldn't keep them all having the same OT either.

i know you have to watch out buying a used 3ds because sometimes people that got banned from online play try to sell it again, im not sure how that works with pokemon games tho? but even if these pokemon are non legit i dont think its bannable unless he used them in online competitions too

Oh. Well then I'm good. I play pokemon for fun and more as a hobby. If I ever have an urge to do so I play competitive on showdown. Thanks my Fams

No problem.  I do have question, since I don't have a modern game.  Can you save more than one run on a game now?  It would completely suck to have to delete those to start a new game.

3 hours ago, seki108 said:

No problem.  I do have question, since I don't have a modern game.  Can you save more than one run on a game now?  It would completely suck to have to delete those to start a new game.

Nope. 1 save, unfortunately. BUT, I have an old 3ds and a new 3ds. I also have Y version and, like, 7 boxes full of Froakies from shiny breeding a few years back, so I have plenty of fodder mons. It does suck that people with only 1 3ds have to either delete everything or use Pokebank (a service which allows you to store/transfer pokemon for I think 5$ a year. I don't use it though). They really should have at least 2 save slots though.

Nope. 1 save, unfortunately. BUT, I have an old 3ds and a new 3ds. I also have Y version and, like, 7 boxes full of Froakies from shiny breeding a few years back, so I have plenty of fodder mons. It does suck that people with only 1 3ds have to either delete everything or use Pokebank (a service which allows you to store/transfer pokemon for I think 5$ a year. I don't use it though). They really should have at least 2 save slots though.

Considering how much they can do with the games nowadays, there really shouldn't be a technical limitation on this.  Honestly, I think it's mostly just so people use the Pokebank (if you weren't using it for cross-generational transfer already)....or maybe to buy multiple consoles for those who can afford it.  GF/Nintendo has proven multiple times they will act like a company, even against popular opinion.

Edited by seki108

• Global Mods

If they aren't legit, I don't think they can damage your game, and whether they're usable online or pokebankable depends entirely on how well made they are, but it wouldn't be hard to make them look legit enough for the verification I think. The variety of OT's wouldn't be that unusual, especially if the person got them through the old QR code injection before it was patched, they might've just gathered codes from around the internet that they could find. The range of levels and the presence of unevolved pokemon seems to be a point towards the legit category, while if they have ideal natures or multiple perfect IV's would more strongly suggest hacking. There could very well even be a mix of legit and hacked. I wouldn't worry about it too much either way, just enjoy the find.

Just out of curiosity, is the Noivern level 48? Because a while ago I got 2 identical shiny level 48 Noiverns on the GTS which are almost definitely hacked so maybe there was a QR code for it floating around?

Edited by DreamblitzX

You can use non legit pokemon online but it depends on the way they were created. If they were genned properly you won't get banned or anything. Most of the people that got banned have manipulated trainer id, added all in game items, clothes etc.

19 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

If they aren't legit, I don't think they can damage your game, and whether they're usable online or pokebankable depends entirely on how well made they are, but it wouldn't be hard to make them look legit enough for the verification I think. The variety of OT's wouldn't be that unusual, especially if the person got them through the old QR code injection before it was patched, they might've just gathered codes from around the internet that they could find. The range of levels and the presence of unevolved pokemon seems to be a point towards the legit category, while if they have ideal natures or multiple perfect IV's would more strongly suggest hacking. There could very well even be a mix of legit and hacked. I wouldn't worry about it too much either way, just enjoy the find.

Just out of curiosity, is the Noivern level 48? Because a while ago I got 2 identical shiny level 48 Noiverns on the GTS which are almost definitely hacked so maybe there was a QR code for it floating around?

Nope, level 73. Some are also from different regions, which I think adds to their validity. But yeah, not worried anymore.