Help with defeating Aya / constructing a new team! :(

TumbleWhip

Hi!

So yeah, as the title says, I need some help beating Aya (6th gym leader; poison type)I've been trying to beat her but I and my team suck so hard in Double battles. :[And speaking of my team, I also need help with reconstructing my team cuz it's really really bad. 

So my team is:

Blaziken Lv.45 (Phys. Sweeper, only good Pokemon in my team)

Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Shadow Claw, Bulk Up

Donphan Lv.41 (Just something to negate Fire, Poison and Rock. Not really good, but hey, when Rollout works it's boss.)

Rollout, Magnitude, Rock Smash, Fury Attack

Eelektross Lv.44 (2nd strongest, following Blaziken. Kinda like a support, but doesn't function that well.)

Crunch, Spark, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam

Kricketune Lv.41 (Kept it so I can deal with Psychic/Dark type.)

Fury Cutter, Sing, X-Scissor, Struggle Bug

Seismitoad Lv.39 (Coverage for Fire and ground type) 

Aqua Ring, Muddy Water, Uproar, Rain Dance

I also have this Roselia I'm raising, but I'll replace it soon with Petilil.

So the battle goes like this:

Lead pokemon are Eel guy and Blaziken. I can hardly make it through Nidoqueen, Tentacruel and Gengar, but then when she's down to her Dragalge and Drapion, two of my only reliable Pokemon get knocked out almost instantaneously, rendering my team helpless. My Donphan and Seismitoad can barely dish out decent damage and my Kricketune can never land a hit cuz it dies first.

so then, I thought I'd come here to ask for some advice. I'd like to reconstruct my team cuz it obviously sucks.

3 of my Pokemon should be atleast: Fire, Water, Grass. It's one of the rules I have on building a team xD the remaining 3 can be any type as long as they are good pokes o3o

All help will be highly appreciated! Oh and sorry. I know I can't speak English well T_T It's not my native language. Have a nice day, that's all, thank you!

Personally, i ike roselia better since its faster and more useful than petilil but the choice is yours, and train donphan to level 43 it'll learn Earthquake, also Kricketune is not useful anymore, consider using a leavanny instead, or even a vivillon, another bug type worth considering is Dwebble, also if you want to keep Seismitoad replace donphan with a gardevoir

Now to beat Aya: beofre i start you'll need more than 6 mons, i mean other than the ones you're using now, train other mons to switch whenver you want some type advantage... as for aya, there is an espurr event in peridot ward, Meowstik is very useful, a drapion is also useful once you killed nidoqueen as it can kill her Gengar and damage her other mons, you can also use it to heal your team, consider using a magneton, once nidoqueen is down, it can tank most of ther other attacks and its immune to poison

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

42 minutes ago, TumbleWhip said:

Hi!

So yeah, as the title says, I need some help beating Aya (6th gym leader; poison type)I've been trying to beat her but I and my team suck so hard in Double battles. :[And speaking of my team, I also need help with reconstructing my team cuz it's really really bad. 

So my team is:

Blaziken Lv.45 (Phys. Sweeper, only good Pokemon in my team)

Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Shadow Claw, Bulk Up

Donphan Lv.41 (Just something to negate Fire, Poison and Rock. Not really good, but hey, when Rollout works it's boss.)

Rollout, Magnitude, Rock Smash, Fury Attack

Eelektross Lv.44 (2nd strongest, following Blaziken. Kinda like a support, but doesn't function that well.)

Crunch, Spark, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam

Kricketune Lv.41 (Kept it so I can deal with Psychic/Dark type.)

Fury Cutter, Sing, X-Scissor, Struggle Bug

Seismitoad Lv.39 (Coverage for Fire and ground type) 

Aqua Ring, Muddy Water, Uproar, Rain Dance

I also have this Roselia I'm raising, but I'll replace it soon with Petilil.

So the battle goes like this:

Lead pokemon are Eel guy and Blaziken. I can hardly make it through Nidoqueen, Tentacruel and Gengar, but then when she's down to her Dragalge and Drapion, two of my only reliable Pokemon get knocked out almost instantaneously, rendering my team helpless. My Donphan and Seismitoad can barely dish out decent damage and my Kricketune can never land a hit cuz it dies first.

so then, I thought I'd come here to ask for some advice. I'd like to reconstruct my team cuz it obviously sucks.

3 of my Pokemon should be atleast: Fire, Water, Grass. It's one of the rules I have on building a team xD the remaining 3 can be any type as long as they are good pokes o3o

All help will be highly appreciated! Oh and sorry. I know I can't speak English well T_T It's not my native language. Have a nice day, that's all, thank you!

I see you have a lack of psychic/steel types on your team. Try getting one of those (particularly steel, since it resists the field). Magnezone or Klinklang will work. A psychic type is your best hope for Nidoqueen. Still looks like a cool team, though.

35 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

Personally, i ike roselia better since its faster and more useful than petilil but the choice is yours, and train donphan to level 43 it'll learn Earthquake, also Kricketune is not useful anymore, consider using a leavanny instead, or even a vivillon, another bug type worth considering is Dwebble, also if you want to keep Seismitoad replace donphan with a gardevoir

Now to beat Aya: beofre i start you'll need more than 6 mons, i mean other than the ones you're using now, train other mons to switch whenver you want some type advantage... as for aya, there is an espurr event in peridot ward, Meowstik is very useful, a drapion is also useful once you killed nidoqueen as it can kill her Gengar and damage her other mons, you can also use it to heal your team, consider using a magneton, once nidoqueen is down, it can tank most of ther other attacks and its immune to poison

Great advice!

I trained my Vivillon and made it have psybeam. I figured it might help. And as for Ralts, I don't think Ralts is obtainable till you get Strength ;-; and Meowstic didn't work well for me (I have one abandoned at my PC) so I might go for Elgyem/Spoink. I could try Meowstic if both of them don't work. Thanks for helping btw! ^^

7 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

I see you have a lack of psychic/steel types on your team. Try getting one of those (particularly steel, since it resists the field). Magnezone or Klinklang will work. A psychic type is your best hope for Nidoqueen. Still looks like a cool team, though.

Yea I guess ;-; I got myself a Magnemite and am now training it to evolve. Thanks for helping ^^

On 26/05/2017 at 4:01 PM, TumbleWhip said:

Great advice!

I trained my Vivillon and made it have psybeam. I figured it might help. And as for Ralts, I don't think Ralts is obtainable till you get Strength ;-; and Meowstic didn't work well for me (I have one abandoned at my PC) so I might go for Elgyem/Spoink. I could try Meowstic if both of them don't work. Thanks for helping btw! ^^

Yea I guess ;-; I got myself a Magnemite and am now training it to evolve. Thanks for helping ^^

oh right you need strengh for ralts, if yu could get an elgyem and train it its a nice fit, once you get strengh you'll get access to ralts and solosis, both garevoir and reuiniclus are good , gaveoir is for some fast hard hitting mon, and reuniclus is slower but bulky and hits well, so for now try getting and elgyem or do the spoink event, you're wleocme :)

I think if you catch a magnemite you can lead with it (and finish off tentacruel) you need a psychic pokemon to teal with nidoqueen (or a water type)

keep blaziken, it can take care of venusaur and drapion, magneton can wall dragalge, now you just need a fast pokemon with either a psychic or ghost or dark attack for gengar

About your members, blaziken is always great, elektross is slow, but strong (I would sub him out) donphan is great but not in that field, so in the box for this fight, kriketune is  good pokemon and can help a lot but right now you have better options, I would sub him out, seismitoad, never liked this pokemon but its not bad, you could use him agains nidoqueen, the problem would be I think its slower than nidoquen, making your pokemon geting poisoned, roserade is great as is liliganth, so any of those 2 would help you a lot, but for this fight, grass is in a disvantage so I would box roselia for now.

I hope I could help

A generally useful tactic in double battles is to leave a specific non-threatening pokemon on the opposing side standing. In this case, you might want to leave Aya's nidoqueen alone. Your blaziken in particular should be able to build up speed boosts this way.

Additionally, Aya's field may weaken earthquake, but earth power is unaffected. If you have a moon stone then you can evolve nidoran almost straight out of the game corner. Nidoking learns earth power at level 43, allowing it (particularly sheer force nidokings) to burst straight through Aya's team and even profit of the resulting sludge wave TM.

Kricketune is likely also not viable anymore by now. If you want a solid answer to psychic, dark and poison types I would recommend picking up a drapion. Skorupi can be found in the railnet around the strength-necessary areas. It evolves before your level cap and has solid typing to back it up.

Good luck with your current and future gym battles!

7 hours ago, Zarc said:

if you're afraid of the level cap just buy a lot of common candies to level down him 

I have like 50 of those in my bag lol

4 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

I think if you catch a magnemite you can lead with it (and finish off tentacruel) you need a psychic pokemon to teal with nidoqueen (or a water type)

keep blaziken, it can take care of venusaur and drapion, magneton can wall dragalge, now you just need a fast pokemon with either a psychic or ghost or dark attack for gengar

About your members, blaziken is always great, elektross is slow, but strong (I would sub him out) donphan is great but not in that field, so in the box for this fight, kriketune is  good pokemon and can help a lot but right now you have better options, I would sub him out, seismitoad, never liked this pokemon but its not bad, you could use him agains nidoqueen, the problem would be I think its slower than nidoquen, making your pokemon geting poisoned, roserade is great as is liliganth, so any of those 2 would help you a lot, but for this fight, grass is in a disvantage so I would box roselia for now.

I hope I could help

Thank you! ^^

2 hours ago, Specific said:

A generally useful tactic in double battles is to leave a specific non-threatening pokemon on the opposing side standing. In this case, you might want to leave Aya's nidoqueen alone. Your blaziken in particular should be able to build up speed boosts this way.

Additionally, Aya's field may weaken earthquake, but earth power is unaffected. If you have a moon stone then you can evolve nidoran almost straight out of the game corner. Nidoking learns earth power at level 43, allowing it (particularly sheer force nidokings) to burst straight through Aya's team and even profit of the resulting sludge wave TM.

Kricketune is likely also not viable anymore by now. If you want a solid answer to psychic, dark and poison types I would recommend picking up a drapion. Skorupi can be found in the railnet around the strength-necessary areas. It evolves before your level cap and has solid typing to back it up.

Good luck with your current and future gym battles!

Thanks for the help! ^^