The Mighty Magikarp Competition!

whatonearth

Nintendo's released its latest and greatest mobile app: magikarp jump! No longer is magikarp a useless pokemon, you can now train it and compete in jumping competitions for fame, prestige, and the re-invigoration of pokemon that had previously lost hope. Not to mention, it's a real time killer and pretty fun as well.

ย 

But what does that have to do with online play, you ask? Easy! What I'm proposing here is a simple jumping competition; that is, the person who has the magikarp with the most jumping power wins a prize much sweeter- their very own magikarp in pokemon reborn!

ย 

Not just any magikarp, that is...

Spoiler

magikarpgiveaway1stplace.PNG.bc3e0756a4d3cf8c5330fed154eb6f46.PNG

A shiny, 5iv magikarp! *gasp*

ย 

That's not all, for the second place winner can choose between

Spoiler

magikarpgiveaway2ndplaceoption1.PNG.4fb4fd62dd918ed5bdafb8dfc06bc69c.PNG

an evil, magikarp-eating pidgeotto or

magikarpgiveaway2ndplaceoption2.PNG.00b550edd3c403311149221b80c92e5c.PNG

the world's most helpful pikachu!

Whichever the second place winner doesn't pick automatically goes towards the third place winner

How To Enter

ย 

Now, I know what you're thinking: "but whatonearth, how do I enter this magnificent magical magikarp contest?!"

Once again, I'm glad you asked! Entering is incredibly easy!ย So easy, in fact, that even a magikarp can enter itself!

ย 

All you have to do is post a reply in this topic with a screenshot of your magikarp from the game "Magikarp Jump", in a spoiler like so...

Spoiler

koiking-screenshot-1495741158442.thumb.png.9368403eb31d5ee5f54af9de192469fc.png

and the magikarp with the highest jumping power (JP) wins!

ย 

And As A Bonus...

Spoiler

Magikarp come in different patterns, and there will no doubt be repeats in this thread. So, the magikarp whose pattern appears *least frequently* in this thread will get a random "friendship item" pokemon, complete with their corresponding friendship item (barring the gen 7 starters and pikachu, of course)

ย 

The competition will be active all weekend, and ends at 3:00 pm (EST) on May 29th, 2017.

ย 

Get jumping! Good luck, fellow magikarp maniacs!

shameless selfpromotion

I could potentially provide a magikarp for the third place?

ย 

or a feebas could be the third place prize?

Edited by Wolfox Glace

Thank you to all of our participants! I'll pm you with the details of trade to claim your prize! (sorry about this not being yesterday, I was struck down by sudden sickness x_x rip)ย 

ย 

And, for the results...

1st Place is Siragon, with their lovely pinkย Bicarpieux!

2nd Place is casuistry, with their orange-speckled Magikarp!

3rd Place is Candy, with their spooky skeleton Shouko!

ย 

In addition...

The magikarps with the least common pattern were Shouko and Bicarpieux!ย 

ย 

Once again, thank you to all who participated in this competition! Jump on, magikarp maniacs!

ย 

ย 

@Candyย Ok...I got another one. I swear...tapping while fishing for Magikarp makes a difference. After 3 sweatdrops have appeared above the trainer's head, I have always gotten a shiny Magikarp.

Edited by Alphagar