What Pokemon fits what country?

Wolfox

SImple topic, what pokemon do you think fits what country best? I only have a few so feel free to add your own :)

The Netherlands: Miltank

Canada: Chansey

again, I don't have much but yeah

India: Every fire type, and everything that learns Rain Dance. 

Also throw in a fair amount of Garbodor and Weezing.

Actually now that I think about it, India's biodiversity is enormously vast; at least 80% of all pokemon's creature/concept-origins can probably be found somewhere here. 

Shame there's no Mango pokemon.

usa braviary
france smeargle
englang  male jellicent
spain tauros

greece wingull

india miltank

china gyarados

japan ninetales 

australia komala

egypt  cofagrigus

kenya girraffarig

canada stantler

finland delibird

algeria  maractus

brazil  carvanha

argentina toucannon

kongo  slaking

zibabue donphan

Edited by DemICE

1 hour ago, Ironbound said:

India: Every fire type, and everything that learns Rain Dance. 

Also throw in a fair amount of Garbodor and Weezing.

Actually now that I think about it, India's biodiversity is enormously vast; at least 80% of all pokemon's creature/concept-origins can probably be found somewhere here. 

Shame there's no Mango pokemon.

Also every snake because Snake Charmers lol

I daresay Hursaring for Germany, more specifically for Berlin, I think the bear is the symbol of the city or something

Mareep and Flaaffy for Ireland, I know thay have this peculiar wool, which is even pretty expensive, thus, sheeps here we go. 

Italian's public transportation are the description of Slakoth. Sleeping 22 hours per day. 

Last and most clichèd one,  the USA I daresay Braviary and Pachirisu (there are lots around as far as I know).

The Mareep line would probably suit Ireland the most. With how many bloody sheep there are around here. Zangoose might be another one that suits us given the story of how St Patrick drove all the snakes out is one of the bigger things people associate with us(though there's no evidence there were any snakes here to begin with, so maybe not). It's not entirely clear whether the Stag or the Irish Wolfhound is our national animal, so Stantler might work. Wolfhound wouldn't because there are no dog pokemon like the wolfhound.

2 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Sorryyy! I didn't know the difference between Holland and Netherlands, until i typed it... I apologize

Hahaha, no problem, don't worry about it. I'm just teasing you :) 

12 hours ago, ProjectIceman said:

Also every snake because Snake Charmers lol

Why not also add in every other half-baked stereotype you can think of? Maybe Medicham for the yogi, or Mega Alakazam for the hermit?

If only there was a rope Pokemon to represent the Great Rope Trick, or a software professional Pokemon to represent the Indian IT dude, then the collection of Indian stereotypes would be picture perfect.

9 hours ago, Ironbound said:

Why not also add in every other half-baked stereotype you can think of? Maybe Medicham for the yogi, or Mega Alakazam for the hermit?

If only there was a rope Pokemon to represent the Great Rope Trick, or a software professional Pokemon to represent the Indian IT dude, then the collection of Indian stereotypes would be picture perfect.

Didn't mean to trigger bro lol or else I would comment on that Snorlax - USA comment

• 1 month later...

Here are some ideas:

America: Braviary (FUCK YEAH!)

Canada: Bibarel (the helpful and friendly guy everyone seems to mock)

Mexico: Cacturne (to represent the desert lifestyle they live)

England: Politoed (because it has Drizzle, and it WON'T STOP RAINING THERE)

Spain: Tauros (for how popular bull fighting is there)

Poland: Pachirisu (likable enough, but the poor thing gets annihilated during World War II)

Germany: Garchomp (consistently one of the top tier countries, can cause a lot of damage if left unchecked)

Italy: Lickilicky (can eat a lot of excellent food, but is never taken too seriously in battles)

France: Golisopod (one of the most formidable armies in history, yet also has the tendency to surrender when the going gets tough)

Russia: Beartic (an ice type known for moving slowly, but hitting REALLY hard, and counters Germany)

Australia: Arbok (really, Seviper could work, since everything there wants to kill you)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-05-24 at 0:19 PM, DemICE said:

usa braviary
france smeargle
englang  male jellicent
spain tauros

greece wingull

india miltank

china gyarados

japan ninetales 

australia komala

egypt  cofagrigus

kenya girraffarig

canada stantler

finland delibird

algeria  maractus

brazil  carvanha

argentina toucannon

kongo  slaking

zibabue donphan

You put some serious thought into it. Though there are many alterations that fit every country so someone will always see one pokemon belonging somewhere else which is always nice to see. I may do the very same thing soon enough, list some more countries and read up on then to place the pokemon in the specific countries.