[OOC] 銀河最高対魔物アイドルになりたい! (I Wanna Be the Best Monster-slaying Idol in the Galaxy!) [Signups Closed]

Code: PIRULUK

qb.jpg

Would you like to become an idol?

Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/mRAmzQf

Background

As some of you may or may not remember, around three years ago I started an Idol RP that fell flat. I've spent the time to look over it and refine it, and this is the result. You'll notice I skipped the Interest Check, that's because 1) I already know there's a modicum of interest and 2) Interest Checks are intended to check on forum response before starting to properly flesh out an idea - This idea is already reasonably fleshed out, so w/e.

Explaining the Title

Spoiler

What are idols?

Get out.

Just kidding. If you don't already know what idols are (in which case you seriously need to educate yourself), idols, or アイドル, are Japanese pop stars, usually between the ages of 14 and 27, who go on stage to sing and dance and wear cute costumes. They're also the bringers of dreams and the ambassadors of smiles etc. etc. For some research material, I recommend watching Love Live, Love Live!! Sunshine, The iDOLM@STER, The iDOlM@STER Cinderella Girls, Aikatsu! and Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live. In that order.

tl;dr they're cute little blobs of dreams and friendship who sing and dance while wearing sparkly dresses.

What does Monster-slaying have to do with anything?

Eh, everyone knows you gotta have combat in cute stuff if you want it to sell to an audience addicted to Game of Thrones and Attack on Titan and Fate/Whatever and other grimdark edgy shows out there. Simple marketing. Also it's just funny to have superimposed themes like this. Just look at the Persona series.

In Space?

For plot convenience. So that I don't have to come up with an explanation for cool performances and why cultures differ so greatly from each other.

The Setting

Spoiler

The year is 29XX. Mankind has colonised the stars, with the various colonies developing vastly different cultures and traditions, resulting in humanity becoming a largely heterogeneous species. However, despite the many cultures fracturing in as many different ways, one thing had held constant throughout all the human colonies in the universe, a single, unifying trait that ties together the entirety of humanity as a dysfunctional family: a love of watching cute young women singing and dancing in costumes that border on the inappropriate. Yes, the love of idols is what truly makes us human.

The galaxy today is populated by numerous idol units hailing from all sorts of planets. Alongside the large galactic agencies with tons of big-name idols signed under them, there are also numerous locally concentrated idol units, units that perform largely within their galactic sector, earning loyalty and love from their diehard fans, but never quite reaching the same galactic appeal as their more prominent contemporaries. And then we have you.

When the great colonisation happened, all the other countries left Earth, leaving Japan alone on the mother planet. Why Japan was left behind? It's because the citizens were busy attending idol concerts and missed the evacuation order. Yes, Japan was the country that pioneered the Idol Revolution, truly the forefathers of humanity!

But anyway, when they were left behind, they started to look into ways of conserving the dying planet. They pioneered sources of renewable energy, they reduced their carbon footprint, etc. etc. All possible because they no longer had to fight for resources with other countries. Mother Earth had grown too frail to support all her children, but her bounty was more than enough for a single nation. As the centuries passed, the Japanese migrated across the planet, setting up small enclaves and villages - villages with very advanced technology and robots that did most menial labour, but villages nonetheless. However, through all this time, the proud Japanese never forgot their heritage, and kept their love of idols alive and burning. However, for almost 800 years, there have been no great Idols born on Earth.

You are an idol, recruited from Earth. The agency - also Earth-based - recruited from Earth because they had no money to do scouting on other planets. They're hoping to strike it big with you girls, and have staked all they have on this venture, aided by numerous donations from the Japanese left on earth. They pooled together their money and purchased a single starship, and you now embark on your journey to be the greatest idols in the galaxy.

Oh, right, and technology level: Sci-Fi-y. Hyperspace travel yes, advanced medbays yes, teleporting no. Anything else is mostly fair game, but if you have any doubts, feel free to ask me.

The System

Right, time to get down to the mechanics. These mechanics are HEAVILY inspired by Aikatsu. Deal with it.

The game will be split into 2 phases per live. The Prep phase, and the Concert Phase. Do note that I'm still experimenting around with this system, so it is liable to change.

Prep Phase

In this phase, players perform their preparations for the next concert. This phase will occupy a time period of 2-3 weeks IRL (depending on availability). Within this time, players can take up to 2 actions per week from a list (that will be disclosed at the start of each Prep Phase) These actions include, but are not limited to: Rehearsing, Searching for work, taking on jobs, doing research about your next concert venue, having happy idol bonding moments etc. Not all actions will be available in every prep phase, but this phase will have a large impact on the way your performances turn out. Additionally, in this phase, players will select, by democratic vote, the idol in the group they think should be the center for the upcoming live.

Concert Phase

In this phase, players will write posts describing their concerts and performances. This part is heavily player-directed, and the GM(me) will be solely responsible for scoring the performances, indicating audience response, and prompting Appeals (we'll get to that in a bit).

Scoring

Spoiler

Scoring in the live itself comprises 3 components:

Impact: The visual impact of the performance. Affected by individual members' beauty, their dresses, the set design and other visual effects.

Technique: Technical ability of the idols. How well they sing and dance and catch the audience's attention. Affected by technical prowess and execution.

Coordination: How well the performance works as a whole. Whether idols' dresses match the stage choice, whether the choice of center fits the stage, how well idols work together etc.

Each idol will be scored individually for technique and impact on a scale of 0-100. The average score of all idols will be taken as the group score for these components. Coordination will be assessed as a group, also on a scale of 0-100. All three components are then added together, leading to a total score out of 300, known as the Hype meter. Various (hidden) multipliers will be applied onto this Hype meter, which will result in your final score. You don't know what these multipliers are, but maybe if you ask the locals (and/or your manager) you can figure them out.

Appeals

Spoiler

Up to three times per performance, a member of the group may perform an appeal. An appeal is a special action that you take in the middle of a performance, usually during an interlude, that serves to hype up the audience. It's generally some visually impressive feat, such as doing a triple axel turn into an upward flip and ending suspended midair amid a wreath of flowers. Each character will have access to a unique repertoire of Appeals, and can learn new ones eventually. The more complex an appeal, the more impressive it will be, but the higher the chance of failure.

Yes. Appeals can fail. Whenever your character attempts an appeal, I roll a dice against the complexity of your appeal. There are ways to increase the success rate, such as stats, or performing certain actions, but I'll not elaborate on those yet, in the interest of brevity. Anyway, if your Appeal succeeds, you get a flat amount - based on complexity - added to your hype meter. If your Appeal fails, your current score gets cut by that same flat amount.

Also, the three times per live rule applies to the group as a whole. i.e. throughout a performance, the entire group may only perform three Appeals in total. So, for instance, 3 idols doing 1 Appeal each, or 1 idol doing 3 Appeals. Consecutive Appeals from the same idol give a larger boost, but also have a higher chance of failure - and a larger penalty.

Combat

Yes there's combat. No I'm not going to tell you how it works, other than that it's stat-based and uses hidden stats related to your character sheet. Also your performance scores will drastically affect battle outcomes.

Character Sheet

Spoiler

Name: [Self-Explanatory]

Type: [The type of idol you are. Cool, Cute, Sexy, Pop (Basically a friendly, girl-next-door feeling type of idol. Wears shorts and denim.)]

Appearance: [What do you look like? Leave out your stage dress - that goes in the "Wardrobe" section below]

Stats (Each of these is assigned a numerical value from 0 - 15. 0 refers to an average person's level. 15 means you're basically the best in the universe. You have 4 points to assign as you will.)

Beauty: [How pretty are you? 0 for average Jane. 15 for Aphrodite.]

Stamina: [How long can you perform without taking a break? 0 for the average, untrained person. 15 means you can perform for a month and be fine.]

Vocal: [How well can you sing? 0 for average person, 15 for a voice that can make an inanimate object burst into tears at its beauty]

Dancing: [How well can you dance? 0 for average person, 15 means you can tapdance a planet into another planet.]

Facade: [How well can you act? 0 for average person, 15 means you can convince another person that you're the real them and they're a genetically engineered clone of themselves.]

Popularity: [A separate stat indicating how popular you are. Leave this at 0 for now.]

Backstory: [You know what to do. Things to include are why you want to be an idol, what your end goal is, what your childhood was like.]

Special Abilities: [Things I'll assign based on your backstory. Leave this blank for now.]

Appeal Repertoire

Appeal Name - Appeal description [Describe your first appeal. Keep this one realistic. You're a fresh new idol with no training and no experience. Something simple, yet individualistic is best. Keep it to a max of 2 acrobatic moves, if possible. You have a holographic projector, so feel free to get creative with the VFX, but keep in mind that using too much will draw attention away from you.]

Wardrobe

[Starter Dress] - <Describe your character's stage outfit here.>

[Dress Name] - <Dress Description>

Funds: 0

And that's all! I know it seems like a lot to take in. That's because it is. I've put in quite a lot of work into this system, and I think it distributes the burden evenly among players and hosts. The burden of writing the posts lies on the players, while the burden of keeping track of stats/numbers falls on a GM. Anyway, that's all for now. There are a few more intricacies in the system, but this is pretty much all you need to build a character. Let me know if you have any questions~

References

Okay so it has been brought to my attention that not everyone knows what I'm talking about when I say "Appeals", or "Idol Type". So here are a few references for you to look at.

1:35 to 4:07 of this video shows a range of Appeals that increase in complexity/score

Spoiler

This video is an example of a Cool-type Idol in a Cool-type Dress performing a Cool-type song. There's also an appeal.

Spoiler

This is an example of a Pop-type Idol in a Pop-type Dress performing a Pop-type song. There's also an appeal.

Spoiler

This is a Cute-type Idol, wearing a Cute-type Dress and performing a Cute-type song

Spoiler

Sexy-type Idol wearing a Sexy-type Dress and performing a Sexy-type Song

Spoiler

Edited by Code: PIRULUK

More Things

Brands

Dresses are an idol's best friend, and the best dresses come from the best designers. Here are the brands that currently exist, by category:

Cute: Sweets Fantasy (Fluffy-Cute), Crown Smile (Princess-Cute)

Cool: Fashion Next (Techno-Cool), Glass Chord (Rocker-Cool), Crescent Victoria (Elegant/Gothic-Cool)

Pop: 7th Style (Casual-Pop), Rainbow Corner (Quirky-Pop)

Sexy: Rosette Masquerade (Elegant-Sexy), Orient Dream (Exotic-Sexy)

Throughout the game, you will each need to find a way to get your own Dresses. Dresses come in 4 rarities: Normal, Rare, Premium, Star Premium and Unique. Higher rarity dresses naturally grant better bonuses and Premium or higher dresses may even have special effects! Of course, higher rarity dresses are harder to get, you'll have to find some way to win over the designer of the respective brand if you want one of their Premium/Star Prem/Unique dresses. All starter dresses have Normal rarity.

Brands and Battle Skills

Every 3 stat points gained, characters will learn a new skill at the conclusion of their next Live/Mini-Live. Characters can also choose to defer the decision, which will cause it to resurface at their next Live/Mini-Live instead. The skill learned will depend on the brand of the dress they are wearing when they go through with the upgrade.

Additionally, some higher-rarity dresses will allow for characters to attain unique battle skills in their respective trees.

The brands and what skills they unlock are as follows:

Sweets Fantasy: Healing

Crown Smile: Damage Mitigation

Fashion Next: Speed Offense

Crescent Victoria: Magical Damage

Glass Chord: Physical Damage

7th Style: Stat buffs

Rainbow Corner: Non-Stat buffs

Rosette Masquerade: Status Ailments

Orient Dream: Stat debuffs

Bonds - the Power of Friendship!

The life of an idol isn't easy. But with your friends' help, it might just be easier! Bonds are your connections with your fellow idols. A higher Bond value between you and another idol means you two are closer. Bond is a hidden value, that I'll keep track of; but you'll want to track changes, too, because it's going to be important!

When you perform a Live, your Bonds with other people grant several benefits (these are still WIP, I might add more, but I won't take any away):

Spoiler

- Once per Live, if you have over 50 Bond, you can cover for each other in the case of a failed Appeal - your friend can take over the Appeal for you and reroll the Appeal check at a lower success rate. If she succeeds, your failed Appeal is covered up and you get the points for a successful Appeal instead!

- If you have over 90 Bond, you can do a duo Appeal, which grants a growing multiplier on the bonus, starting at 1.5x. So if your Bond is 90 and your Appeal would add 100 points, the duo Appeal adds 100*1.5 = 150 points instead! The multiplier increases by 0.1 per 10 points, capping at 2x. Plus, Duo Appeals still only take up one of your three slots per Live!

- If you have over 210 Bond, the overflowing chemistry between you and your partner will awe the crowd just by having both of you on the same stage - You'll get a Score multiplier at the end, just for being such good friends!

- If you manage to reach 300 Bond, you might just unlock a special event, or a special ability. Who knows~

So how do you build Bonds?

Simple: do things together! Taking on jobs together builds Bond. Hanging out together builds Bond. Rehearsing together builds Bond. Helping each other out with something builds Bond. Even just performing as a group builds Bond. You can get Bond for doing literally nothing special.

But you can also lose Bonds.

How? If you exclude an idol from a group activity. Say Idol A goes catch a movie with Idol B on their Off day. But Idol C also has an Off day! Unfortunately, nobody invited Idol C, so she decides to go watch a movie on her own. Alone. With only popcorn for company. While exiting the theatre, she spots Idol A and B laughing together - but they didn't invite her! Hurt, she drowns her sorrow in ice cream. -30 Bond. Just an example, but events like these will drop Bond. If a pair of Idols lose too much Bond in a short amount of time (secret number), their Bond is frozen, and won't go up anymore until they each take an action to resolve their differences. Sounds bad, right? But there's a silver lining! Sometimes, the best friendships are forged after a misunderstanding. Additionally, participating in a Difference-Resolution event might just net you something special... might. Depends on my mood, really. Fear the GM.

Lore Tidbits

Stella Kiseki, the legendary Idol

The Universe now is at peace - the human race, scattered across the stars, operates under a single Federation government, with each colony having a representative in the Universal Senate, and each seat granted equal voting power. There is no proper Executive, and all colonies are bound by the Miracle Accords of 2655 to respect the Senate's authority. Trade and interplanetary travel is flourishing, and intergalactic benefits systems ensure that while people are living in varying levels of comfort, none are wanting for food or shelter.

But it wasn't always this way. Just a short 5 years before the Miracle Accords, in 2650, the Universe seemed to be on the verge of a terrible war. Colonies snapped at each others' throats, some began to display imperialist desires, small disputes and disagreements erupted across the Galaxy. People felt unsafe. People felt unsure. It seemed like the biggest war humanity had ever known - one fought across space - was about to occur. And in the midst of this chaos, a single name started to make the rounds: the name of an idol, one who travelled around the planets and hosted free concerts, inviting all to attend.

Nobody knew much about Stella Kiseki, except that she was Japanese, and had therefore come from Earth. But even the Earth authorities didn't know much about her - Stella Kiseki was only a stage name, nobody knew her real name. But they didn't need to know about her past, or to even understand the language she sang in, to move the hearts of all who heard her song. Idols at that time were a strictly Japanese phenomenon, and Stella's actions were what caused a resurgence in the universal love for idols - wherever she went and sang, people were touched by her voice and feelings, and without fail, each colony she visited avowed peace. For five long years, she toured the colonies, making sure to visit every colony. She had no manager, producer, or agent - she handled the logistics and planning of every performance on her own. As her song - and consequently her fame - spread across the colonies, more and more of the colonies' leaders began to vie for peace, in a miraculous reversal of the high-tension situation they had experienced to that point. In September of 2655, the leaders of all the human colonies convened to establish a binding covenant - what would become known as the Miracle Accords. In honor of the woman who made this possible, the location of the convention was decided to be Earth. Additionally, in these Accords, it was decided that the official language of humanity should be Japanese, again in honor of Stella's efforts. These Accords established a set of rules for all the colonies of humanity, solidifying humanity into a single, unitary Federation. It was a historic occasion, watched by billions across the cosmos. For the first time, humanity stood as one - and what united them was their love for idols. In particular, for a single idol.

It was thus unfortunate that the woman who made it all possible was never able to see the fruits of her labour. En route to Earth for a big concert intended to commemorate the signing of the Accords, Stella Kiseki vanished. It happened the same day as the signing. Her ship simply disappeared. Nobody knew what happened to it, nobody knew where she had disappeared to. She was never seen or heard for again. And so it was that her appearance and sudden disappearance quickly became the stuff of legend - she had appeared when humanity was in its greatest hour of need, and disappeared when this need had passed. Truly, as her name Kiseki meant, she was a miracle. Her legend inspired legions of young girls to become idols, starting an idol boom which has lasted to this current day, never fading, never waning. It is said that she lies sleeping, awaiting a day when humanity is in an hour of dire need again, whereupon she shall rouse from her slumber and lead her fellow idols in securing a brighter path for humanity's future.

Edited by Code: PIRULUK

I mean I knew this was coming up already so I've just been looking for an idol-related thread thingy

Spoiler

Name: Yuri Akiyama

Type: Cool

Appearance: Yuri is a young woman with a smooth, roundish face and a cute nose. She has round, wide brown eyes that seem to be constantly scanning whoever she’s looking at. Her hair is quite long, going down  her back when left loose. Yuri generally ties it up on her left side. making a small ponytail while keeping the rest of her hair straight down. Relatively short, she is about 160 centimeters tall. She is thin, with soft features, and small-ish boobs (only a middling b-cup). Her body language generally portrays confidence and calmness. In terms of casual wear, she tends towards a sort of cool style, contrasting with the cute-style her sister prefers. Generally things like leather jackets, jeans, etc., in dark colors, although she tends to make sure this is comfortable clothing (and will go for lighter colors in hot places so she doesn't melt). She also has some more elegant clothing, for if the mood strikes her. 

Stats

Beauty: 2 (Stat increased but not yet +1)

Stamina: 1

Vocal: 2

Dancing: 1

Facade: 0 (+1 from White Future Coord)

Popularity: 0

Backstory: Yuri Akiyama is the twin sister of Yuki Akiyama. The pair is from a miniscule village of only about 40 people, that none of them bothered to name due to it’s size and isolation - the nearest road was out of sight. It was self sufficient as well, so there were few reasons to visit or need to leave. There was a rumor around that Yuri’s sibling was a boy, and they were only fraternal twins not identical, but neither of the two particularly cared what people thought and most assumed Yuki was female. The twins were almost inseparable, doing just about whatever they could together. In their spare time the twins cultivated performance skills - the town being so isolated, the main source of entertainment was the family’s TV that only worked once every couple of weeks when there was a satellite near enough to pick up channels - and what else would they see, but idols? The residents of the town were glad for the entertainment. Yuri was always entranced by song - she has always had issue with being open, but song lets her express herself. For a long time, this was simply a hobby that the two enjoyed, encouraged by their grandmother who claimed to have been an idol herself in her younger years. One day, this cool grandmother passed on, leaving the village mournful for it’s oldest member. For a while, activity ground to a halt. It was hardly the village without old lady Akiyama sitting on her porch. People were depressed. Until, Yuri and Yuki decided that their grandmother was never the type to let people sit around and mope - they set up a show to cheer the residents up. After all, what better to remember her than an idol concert? It was this moment that, for Yuri, turned a hobby into a passion. Now adults, the twins are off to take the galactic stage!

Special Abilities:

Ability: [Sibling Bond] - Yuri and Yuki's Bond starts at 30 and can never fall below this number. Any time an event would occur that would cause a drop below this number, they each receive one Strain point instead. When they hit 3 Strain points, their Bond is damaged and broken, and cannot be fixed without a special event.

Funds: 100,000

Wardrobe

Spoiler

Starter Dress - Yuri's starter dress has a simple yet elegant look, a midnight blue dress with lighter blue vertical lines that bunches around the hips, and a simple skirt that doesn't puff out too much. She has black leggings, and to finish it off a pair of black dancing shoes with white laces. Not super fancy, but there is elegance in simplicity.  

White Future Coord 
Class: Dress 
Brand: Rhythm Next 
Rarity: R+ (Bound - Yuri) 
Effects: 
+10 Impact 
+1 Facade 
A Vest + Skirt number that bears a design reminiscent of a microchip - green, rigid lines set against a white base. A square ruby set into the vest serves as the processor that completes the design. 

Appeal Repertoire 

Spoiler

Three, two, one... - Yuri turns her back on the crowd, walking towards the back of the stage. When she stops, she raises an arm in the air, counting down - 3, 2, 1! - when she reaches 0, there's a (holographic) sun-burst of blue light behind her, and she whirls around just in time to keep the pace of the song up with a new energy to it.

Combat stuff:

Spoiler

Combat Outfit and Weapon:

Combat Appearance: When it comes to fight, Yuri undergoes some changes. The immediately obvious change is that her hair and eyes become a brilliant blue in color, and her hair lengthens a bit (although not to the ridiculous length of her sister). Her... figure, somewhat improves as well, her chest bumping up a cup size. Her clothing becomes an elegant navy-blue dress, but it doesn't seem to get in the way or Yuri's fighting abilities - it seems to actively move out of the way when she would otherwise entangle herself in it. She also has black leggings, and similarly colored boots. Her hair remains in the pragmatic stlye she tends to prefer. In this form, Yuri uses a pair of swords on magically-attached chains to fight. Logically this weapon should not function half as well as it does, but considering the circumstances, logic doesn't seem to apply very much

Combat Multipliers:

HP = 11
Str = 3
Mag = 3
Agi = 2
Def = 1

Current Encounter Stats:
N/A

Combat Skills:

[Heavy Sweep]: Deal 3x STR damage to one target

[Dancing Pierce]: Deal 2x AGI damage to one target. Ignores 50% DEF.

Edited by Twinwolf

5 minutes ago, Code: PIRULUK said:

B-but I'm a Kawaii Anti-Viral AI Virtual Idol! See?

all i see it's a kawaï suspicious girl with 1492 posts and with AI in her rank !

Edited by Zarc

Kill me for using my waifu

Name: Shimizu Mashiro 清水真白

Type: Pop

Appearance: Mashiro is fair-skinned as per her namesake, with light blonde hair that goes freely over her shoulders most of the time. She has above average beauty with delicate facial features as well as a relatively hourglass figure. Mashiro has a preference for white and warm toned attire, sticking to a style using a white blouse as a base, with shades of brown and pink for her skirts, dresses, and coats. She likes performing in dominantly blue, but with hints of white, when it comes to her frilly dresses, and likes gloves.  

Stats (Each of these is assigned a numerical value from 0 - 15. 0 refers to an average person's level. 15 means you're basically the best in the universe. You have 4 points to assign as you will.)

Beauty: 2

Stamina: 0

Vocal: 2

Dancing: 0

Facade: 0

Popularity: [A separate stat indicating how popular you are. Leave this at 0 for now.]

Backstory: Mashiro was a happy child in her prime who was born to sing – passionate and wanting to share the joy of song and music throughout the world, she saw it as a means to express what she could not to most people and the deeper meanings of the melodies she sang beyond.  As she continued to flourish her talent at song as the years passed, she was consistently famed in peer group after peer group for her beauty and singing talent, with a happy family and a general life that made most girls her age brim with jealousy. Despite her happy upbringings, Mashiro’s overall talents also brought her bouts of conflict with friends during her childhood, and she was thus rather sensitive and very afraid of losing people she cared about at heart.  Just as she thought she could adore nothing more than singing in her lifetime, Mashiro fell deeply in love a year ago but was too shy to deliver her feelings. Soon after, her beloved left her as a result of his family transferring overseas, leaving her in regret for not being honest with her feelings in the first place. Having learnt her lesson and wanting her message of valuing love before it becomes unreachable spread across the world, she hopes for him to hear her song meant for him as she resolves to rise up in the ranks of the galactic idol world to deliver her lifelong agenda.

Special Abilities: [Things I'll assign based on your backstory. Leave this blank for now.]

Appeal Repertoire

Shiro's Album: Mashiro interlaces her hands and places them before her chest, before jumping once and releasing them and spreading her arms in a circular motion of deliverance, during which the holographic projector begins to display star-shaped lights in the background. She usually also gives a short, sentimental quote when doing so. 

Wardrobe:

Starter Dress: Mashiro's signature dress that she uses in all of her performances, it is a dominantly white sleeveless dress with the hem of the skirt having a slight tinge of light blue, with hairpins and long gloves that reach up to her elbows of the same former color to complement it, decorated in snowflake-esque patterns of the same blue shade, as well. Mashiro ties her hair in twin ponytails when wearing this dress. She also dons a white coat with frilly, short sleeves. 

Funds: 0

Edited by Noir

Guys cut the chatter on the Spambots seriously. It's off-topic and I've already expressed elsewhere on the site that undue attention doesn't need to be brought to it. This is the only time I'm saying it.

1 hour ago, ElfCollaborator said:

this

also limited player slots kills the man

There were originally more slots but I cut down to 5 so as to make the load manageable for myself. Also because the system is experimental, so I'm not confident in doing a large-scale RP. As time goes by and I get more comfortable I may open up more slots, but idk. We'll see.

FIRST SHEET 

Spoiler

Name: Yuri Akiyama

Appearance: Yuri is a young woman with a smooth, roundish face and a cute nose. She has round, wide brown eyes that seem to be constantly scanning whoever she’s looking at. Her hair is quite long, going down  her back when left loose. Yuri generally ties it up on her left side. making a small ponytail while keeping the rest of her hair straight down. Relatively short, she is about 160 centimeters tall. She is thin, with soft features, and small-ish boobs (only a middling b-cup). Her body language generally portrays confidence and calmness. In terms of casual wear, she tends towards a sort of cool style, contrasting with the cute-style her sister prefers. Generally things like leather jackets, jeans, etc., in dark colors, although she tends to make sure this is comfortable clothing (and will go for lighter colors in hot places so she doesn't melt). She also has some more elegant clothing, for if the mood strikes her. 

Stats

Beauty: 2 (Stat increased but not yet +1)

Stamina: 1

Vocal: 2

Facade: 0

Backstory: Yuri Akiyama is the twin sister of Yuki Akiyama. The pair is from a miniscule village of only about 40 people, that none of them bothered to name due to it’s size and isolation - the nearest road was out of sight. It was self sufficient as well, so there were few reasons to visit or need to leave. There was a rumor around that Yuri’s sibling was a boy, and they were only fraternal twins not identical, but neither of the two particularly cared what people thought and most assumed Yuki was female. The twins were almost inseparable, doing just about whatever they could together. In their spare time the twins cultivated performance skills - the town being so isolated, the main source of entertainment was the family’s TV that only worked once every couple of weeks when there was a satellite near enough to pick up channels - and what else would they see, but idols? The residents of the town were glad for the entertainment. Yuri was always entranced by song - she has always had issue with being open, but song lets her express herself. For a long time, this was simply a hobby that the two enjoyed, encouraged by their grandmother who claimed to have been an idol herself in her younger years. One day, this cool grandmother passed on, leaving the village mournful for it’s oldest member. For a while, activity ground to a halt. It was hardly the village without old lady Akiyama sitting on her porch. People were depressed. Until, Yuri and Yuki decided that their grandmother was never the type to let people sit around and mope - they set up a show to cheer the residents up. After all, what better to remember her than an idol concert? It was this moment that, for Yuri, turned a hobby into a passion. Now adults, the twins are off to take the galactic stage!

Special Abilities:

Ability: [Sibling Bond] - Yuri and Yuki's Bond starts at 30 and can never fall below this number. Any time an event would occur that would cause a drop below this number, they each receive one Strain point instead. When they hit 3 Strain points, their Bond is damaged and broken, and cannot be fixed without a special event.

Wardrobe

Starter Dress - Yuri's starter dress has a simple yet elegant look, a midnight blue dress with lighter blue vertical lines that bunches around the hips, and a simple skirt that doesn't puff out too much. She has black leggings, and to finish it off a pair of black dancing shoes with white laces. Not super fancy, but there is elegance in simplicity.  

Appeal Repertoire: 

Three, two, one... - Yuri turns her back on the crowd, walking towards the back of the stage. When she stops, she raises an arm in the air, counting down - 3, 2, 1! - when she reaches 0, there's a (holographic) sun-burst of blue light behind her, and she whirls around just in time to keep the pace of the song up with a new energy to it.

Funds: 100,000

Combat Stuff:

Combat Outfit and Weapon:

Combat Appearance: When it comes to fight, Yuri undergoes some changes. The immediately obvious change is that her hair and eyes become a brilliant blue in color, and her hair lengthens a bit (although not to the ridiculous length of her sister). Her... figure, somewhat improves as well, her chest bumping up a cup size. Her clothing becomes an elegant navy-blue dress, but it doesn't seem to get in the way or Yuri's fighting abilities - it seems to actively move out of the way when she would otherwise entangle herself in it. She also has black leggings, and similarly colored boots. Her hair remains in the pragmatic stlye she tends to prefer. In this form, Yuri uses a pair of swords on magically-attached chains to fight. Logically this weapon should not function half as well as it does, but considering the circumstances, logic doesn't seem to apply very much

Combat Multipliers:

HP = 11
Str = 3
Mag = 3
Agi = 2
Def = 1

Current Encounter Stats:
N/A

Combat Skills:

[Heavy Sweep]: Deal 3x STR damage to one target

[Dancing Pierce]: Deal 2x AGI damage to one target. Ignores 50% DEF.

Edited by Twinwolf

Woah first sheet

Name: Yuki Akiyama

Type: Cute

Appearance: Yuki has a cute, girly face. She has round wide brown eyes that seem to sparkle constantly. Smoothness of her face leads to her cute nose. Her hair is more towards the long side, going down to her back. She ties it up on her right side. making a small ponytail while keeping the rest of her hair straight down. Relatively short, she is about 160 centimeters tall. She is thin, with not very well defined features but cute in her small stature. Her casual wear is a black and white long sleeved shirt with stripes along the sleeves under a pink shirt with black stars decorating it. She wears a black mini skirt and stockings.

Wardrobe:  Starter Dress - A pink two piece dress, with a matching beret. The top shows a small amount of midriff, and has a white ribbon on her chest with a small brass medal. It's sleeveless, and Yuki wears matching pink fingerless gloves. Frills cover the edges of both the top and the bottom. Speaking of the bottom, it's a pink skirt, with a yellow wave pattern going horizontally. It's knee length, and matched by pink boots. 

tem: Simple Tiara 

Rarity: PR 

Type: Cute 

Item Class: Accessory 

Brand: Crown Smile 

Effects: Increases the effects of Crown Smile dresses by 50%. Effect cannot exceed the cap for dress bonus. 

Stats 

Beauty: 1

Stamina: 1

Vocal: 0

Facade: 3

Combat Stats:

HP: 20

Strength: 1

Magic: 2

Agility: 2

Defense: 4

Combat Appearance: During combat, Yuki's body changes. The most noticeable changes are that her breasts grow larger to a C cup. Her hair becomes incredibly long going down to her thighs and changes color to pink. Her eyes become shining glittering violet and right in the center of her iris a small pink heart glitters catching everyone's attention. A small pink heart is painted under her left eye, and her nails become light pink with white hearts of different sizes painted on them. Her clothing becomes a short white sleeved dress. A pink vest is over the dress, and pink bows decorate the chest, and skirt with a large bow on the back that goes down to her legs. She wears white stockings and a pair of pink boots with white laces. The skirt is frilly, going down to her knees. Her hair is let loose, but tied up with two side pony tails on each side of her head just as long as the rest, held by heart shaped hair ornaments. 

Her weapon of choice is a pair of pink fingerless gloves that allows her to project light that she then solidifies and constructs into various things. She can create walls to defend herself, create objects to attack, or project weapons that unleash energy attacks. She can also simply wash the light over her allies, healing them. 

Combat Abilities 

[Healing Note]: Either heal 3x MAG to one target, or heal 1x MAG to all allies.

[Cleansing Tone]: Either remove all status ailments/debuffs from one target, or remove one status ailment/debuff from all allies.

Popularity: -50

Funds: 130,000

Item: Sweet Motif Chip

Backstory:  Yuki Akiyama, the twin of another girl named Yuri Akiyama. They lived in a small village, with only 5 houses. The village being self sustainable, didn't bother naming itself. After all it was so far away there were no travelers to the point the village often doubted the existence of an outside world. Rumor around town was that Yuki was actually a boy, and that the Akiyama twins weren't really twins but the general population believed Yuki to be a girl. Yuki and Yuri were inseparable doing everything together. The community was also incredibly close, most people not having jobs and simply doing everything the village needed to survive. In their spare time, Yuki and Yuri sang and danced. Yuki herself loved the attention she'd get from the population, and especially loved her Grandma who was a sort of mentor for the both of them and would make cute clothes for Yuki to wear. Which made it all the worse when she passed away from old age. The village being such a small community naturally fell into a depression at the loss of a loved family member. Yuki and Yuri themselves were saddened, but they realized it wasn't how their Grandmother would want to see them, and in response they put on a show for the village. The show was just what the village needed, and everyone mourned the death of Grandma with a good old fashioned Idol concert. It was then that Yuki became intoxicated with the stage, wanting nothing more than be the best idol she could, wanting people to see her and her sister perform. 

Special Abilities:  Ability: [Sibling Bond] - Yuri and Yuki's Bond starts at 30 and can never fall below this number. Any time an event would occur that would cause a drop below this number, they each receive one Strain point instead. When they hit 3 Strain points, their Bond is damaged and broken, and cannot be fixed without a special event.

Appeal Repertoire

I'll Do My Best! - Yuki takes a deep breath, closing her eyes and stopping for a moment then she twirls twice, taking two steps forward extending her arms towards the audience and then out.  She hypes up the audience by calling out to them, and then she poses with one hand on her hip and the other making a peace sign as she smiles gleefully. Her holo projector would explode in pink starts showering over her.

1 hour ago, Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~ said:

Woah first sheet

Hide contents

Name: Yuki Akiyama

Type: Pop

Appearance: Yuki has a cute, girly face. She has round wide brown eyes that seem to sparkle constantly. Smoothness of her face leads to her cute nose. Her hair is more towards the long side, going down to her back. She ties it up on her right side. making a small ponytail while keeping the rest of her hair straight down. Relatively short, she is about 160 centimeters tall. She is thin, with not very well defined features but cute in her small stature. Her casual wear is a black and white long sleeved shirt with stripes along the sleeves under a pink shirt with black stars decorating it. She wears a black mini skirt and stockings. On stage her dresses are always frilly and cute but with a down to earth vibe and pink as it's main color. 

Stats 

Beauty: 1

Stamina: 0

Dancing: 0

Vocal: 0

Facade: 3

Backstory:  Yuki Akiyama, the twin of another girl named Yuri Akiyama. They lived in a small village, with only 5 houses. The village being self sustainable, didn't bother naming itself. After all it was so far away there were no travelers to the point the village often doubted the existence of an outside world. Rumor around town was that Yuki was actually a boy, and that the Akiyama twins weren't really twins but the general population believed Yuki to be a girl. Yuki and Yuri were inseparable doing everything together. The community was also incredibly close, most people not having jobs and simply doing everything the village needed to survive. In their spare time, Yuki and Yuri sang and danced. Yuki herself loved the attention she'd get from the population, and especially loved her Grandma who was a sort of mentor for the both of them and would make cute clothes for Yuki to wear. Which made it all the worse when she passed away from old age. The village being such a small community naturally fell into a depression at the loss of a loved family member. Yuki and Yuri themselves were saddened, but they realized it wasn't how their Grandmother would want to see them, and in response they put on a show for the village. The show was just what the village needed, and everyone mourned the death of Grandma with a good old fashioned Idol concert. It was then that Yuki became intoxicated with the stage, wanting nothing more than be the best idol she could, wanting people to see her and her sister perform. 

Special Abilities:  Being cute.

Appeal Repertoire

I'll Do My Best! - Yuki takes a deep breath, closing her eyes and stopping for a moment then she twirls twice, taking two steps forward extending her arms towards the audience and then out.  She hypes up the audience by calling out to them, and then she poses with one hand on her hip and the other making a peace sign as she smiles gleefully. Her holo projector would explode in pink starts showering over her.

Reveal hidden contents

>Double Spoilers

Not sure if Touhou reference...