What fan game/ hack to play next??

Blontary

Hi everyone! Hope this is the right place for this topic. So, fortunately Jan is about to release v9 of rejuvenation (yayyy :) ), and that means I'm gonna start a new playthrough and waste my free time with It for a while. Thing is, as of now I'm still searching for a game to play that lives up with my expectations (which grew far too much After I played Reborn and rejuvenation), and I'm hoping you guys Can lay me a Hand.

Reborn and Rejuvenation have been the best Pokémon fan games  games I've ever played, this for their intriguing plot and complexity. I've also finished desolation, not on the same level as the previous but still a great game. Honorable mention to insurgence, which is kinda different in it's gameplay but still awesome.

I played many other fan games/ hacks, such as Uranium, omicron, light Platinum, Ash Gray, Ruby destinies, glazed, Gaia, xenoverse and the list could go on for some time. Thing is, none of these (in my opinion) was even close to Reborn or rejuvenation.

So finally, here's what I'm asking for: a game with

• A breathtaking, mature Story, that makes you play because "you NEED to know" what happens next;
  • Long lasting gameplay: many games I played had High potential but only got to the 3rd gym;
  • Hard mode (or better, hard game);

I'm also not a fan of fakemon, but if it's worth It I Can suffer them.

I know what I'm asking is pretty hard to get, but in the end it's all Ame&Jan's fault, their work was so great they raised my expectations. 

SO, IF AFTER ALL OF THIS ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE HELP A POOR ITALIAN GUY WASTE HIS SCARCE FREE TIME. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! :)

There we go :

- Pokémon Désolation ( same type as Reborn and Rejuvenation ) 

- Pokémon Insurgence ( great fan game too ) 

- Pokémon Academy life ( look at my topic , one of the best fan game in development in my opinion ) 

- Pokémon Sacred Gold ( same story as pokemon heart gold but with 4 gen of pokemon and some changes to the story ) 

- Pokémon Blaze Black 2 ( same story as pokemon black 2 but with all pokemons ) 

Don't hesite to look at topics on the forum , you should find your happiness :)

Thanks guys! As I said I already played insurgence, desolation and uranium; as for Academy Life I think it isn't in developement anymore. Black blaze 2 and sacred gold seem interesting, but I was thinking of something slightly different.

I heard of Pokémon Apex and Legends of the arena, Can you tell me something about these?

Legends of the Arena has a great story, that isn't as dark as Reborn and Rejuvenation, nor as difficult. The characters have their own unique personalities and the dialogue is quite witty. I definitely recommend it. It has a good amount of content, with about three episodes left to go before the story's done. There are some plot elements I'm really curious to find out the truth about, like the identity of a certain mysterious antagonist, and what does the protagonist have to do with all of it. 

Pokemon Apex is difficult. It has level caps, restricts the number of Pokemon you can have in your party, and makes Pokeballs hard to get. The base stats and movesets of weaker Pokemon have apparently been modified so they are as usable as the stronger ones. The story seems interesting, but the demo is very short part of the the overall game.

I recommend Pokemon Alabaster if you haven't played it. It offers a great story, interesting characters, and a lot of choices. You can even choose what side you're on. Currently it has three badges and the level cap is somewhere around 44 I think. The starters are rare mons that are powerful when fully evolved but difficult to play with in their early stages. The gyms center around a theme and not a specific type, and they are pretty difficult. Alabaster is good, seriously.

1 hour ago, Tamurlin said:

Legends of the Arena has a great story, that isn't as dark as Reborn and Rejuvenation, nor as difficult. The characters have their own unique personalities and the dialogue is quite witty. I definitely recommend it. It has a good amount of content, with about three episodes left to go before the story's done. There are some plot elements I'm really curious to find out the truth about, like the identity of a certain mysterious antagonist, and what does the protagonist have to do with all of it. 

Pokemon Apex is difficult. It has level caps, restricts the number of Pokemon you can have in your party, and makes Pokeballs hard to get. The base stats and movesets of weaker Pokemon have apparently been modified so they are as usable as the stronger ones. The story seems interesting, but the demo is very short part of the the overall game.

I recommend Pokemon Alabaster if you haven't played it. It offers a great story, interesting characters, and a lot of choices. You can even choose what side you're on. Currently it has three badges and the level cap is somewhere around 44 I think. The starters are rare mons that are powerful when fully evolved but difficult to play with in their early stages. The gyms center around a theme and not a specific type, and they are pretty difficult. Alabaster is good, seriously.

Thanks man, that's what I was searching for ;)