Password issues

• Global Mods

Starting May 16 I'll be away for a month. I won't be able to take my laptop but I will have my iPad. I tried logging in on my iPad but it keeps saying my password is incorrect even though it isn't. I know it's correct because I have it typed on my phone and the iPad shows the last letter/number that was typed, so I know I didn't make a mistake typing the password when trying to log in. I know it's not typed incorrectly on my phone because I've used that phone note to log in before. 

What does this mean? 

Login usernames are tied to display names. If "Ice Cream Sand Witch" isn't working, try "ice-cream-sand-witch". I don't know that it would herald any different result, but the alternative might be hoping for guessing the correct password or resetting it.

• Global Mods
40 minutes ago, Arkhi said:

Login usernames are tied to display names. If "Ice Cream Sand Witch" isn't working, try "ice-cream-sand-witch". I don't know that it would herald any different result, but the alternative might be hoping for guessing the correct password or resetting it.

ice-cream-sand-witch and IceCreamSandWitch didn't work. I also tried my old username, StrawberryLoveIntervention, which also didn't work. 

I'm guessing that Ice Cream Sand Witch is the correct one, because with every other name I tried it said the display name did not belong to any member, while with Ice Cream Sand Witch it instead says the password is incorrect (which it isn't). 

On my iPad, I'm locked out of my account now from too many failed login attempts. I was hoping to not have to reset my password because in addition to me knowing I'm typing in the right password, I'd probably forget that I changed my password. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

ice-cream-sand-witch and IceCreamSandWitch didn't work. I also tried my old username, StrawberryLoveIntervention, which also didn't work. 

I'm guessing that Ice Cream Sand Witch is the correct one, because with every other name I tried it said the display name did not belong to any member, while with Ice Cream Sand Witch it instead says the password is incorrect (which it isn't). 

On my iPad, I'm locked out of my account now from too many failed login attempts. I was hoping to not have to reset my password because in addition to me knowing I'm typing in the right password, I'd probably forget that I changed my password. 

I find that when you don't necessarily want to change your password, but you have to you can simply add a single character (unless it's for security reasons.) That way, it stays relatively the same.

Edited by Animefan666

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Animefan666 said:

I find that when you don't necessarily want to change your password, but you have to you can simply add a single character (unless it's for security reasons.) That way, it stays relatively the same.

Oh, you can actually choose your password? When I reset mine back in December 2015, I was emailed a random string of numbers and letters that I had to either write down or copy/paste from the email in order to remember. I didn't know there was also the option to reset your password to something you choose yourself.

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Oh, you can actually choose your password? When I reset mine back in December 2015, I was emailed a random string of numbers and letters that I had to either write down or copy/paste from the email in order to remember. I didn't know there was also the option to reset your password to something you choose yourself.

You should be able to use the password sent to you to change it again.

A few months ago, the showdown server was hacked and Ame made an anouncement for those that use the same password in PS and forum to change it for security reasons. Maybe you changed your password back then and you forgot about it?

• Global Mods
On 5/14/2017 at 3:08 AM, pyrromanis said:

A few months ago, the showdown server was hacked and Ame made an anouncement for those that use the same password in PS and forum to change it for security reasons. Maybe you changed your password back then and you forgot about it?

I don't use the same password for the forums and Showdown. 

EDIT: Thinking on it now, I actually do remember a convo with Ame about help with changing passwords.