Most hilarious victories?

Gabriel1

What are the most funny victories you got against strong characters in Reborn?

Personnally, there would be two:

1-While fighting Samson, I made it to his last pokemon, Conkledurr. My Heracross was my last pokemon in good condition. I decide to go for a guts-field-boosted Close Combat, hoping to deal as much damage as possible, then BOOM! His most defensive pokemon has been one-shotted by a pokemon of 5 levels lower.

2-Later with Charlotte, in my fourth or fifth try, in the middle of the battle, I send out my Luxray (whom I taught Rain Dance before the fight) and the turn I'm aboout to use Rain Dance... she switches for her Ninetales (for apparently nothing), spamming the sun, only to be trolled by the rain and the rainbow field that followed. Cue her field and weather strategies completely screwed, she easily got down

Bonus one, when a Charizard and a Skuntank totally wrecked Shelly's entire team in a matter of three turns.

So, what were your hilarious victories?

Against Ditto-Arceus.

I'd prepped a baton pass + double team Ninjask just to outspeed it and kill it with one of my better mons.

Yet, my Ninjask got ko'd, and I thought I'd have to redo the battle...

I could've soft resetted, but I went on just for fun.

Turns out when my last pokemon, my dear Florges, went on battle, Ditto-Arceus missed Judgement like 2-3 times in a row!

So I won with Mistry Terrain + two Moonblasts.

Talk about getting lucky hahaha

One of my most funny/lucky fights was when I was on my third run and I was fighting Kiki and it was like my third or fourth try and we were both on our last mons, she had her Medicham, which took out three of my team, on I had my Charizard. Since I felt that Charizard had low speed he was going to get out speed and probably get knock out so just hit wing attack and hoped he would live a hit. Well to my surprise not only did he out speed her Medicham but he ONE shot it and I was like, "Damn Natsu!( I know, real original nickname lol) Where was this when we were fighting Cory!" And I swear I heard dragon force playing in the background, that or I officially went insane by the shock of the one shot lol.

I don't remember the details, but when I first battled Ciel, I didn't realize she had a Mega.

I also already had my ace pokemon lined up (don't even remember what it was), and it was my last. And before I even realized what was happening, one shot Altaria.

It was small, but I just had to laugh at the unexpected result. I figured that ending was going to be difficult, but it was very anticlimactic.

Well , i had some hilarous victories when i battled Samson and Aya , when i won with my last pokemon on 1hp :D

but speaking about hilarous victories , i will speak about hilarous DEFEATS ! I don't know but some mega pokemon can go trought magneton's sturdy , it happen sometime when i battled Ciel's mega altaria... so everything was perfect , her altaria were on 20 hp against my magneton full life with sturdy so... easy mode ? NO , altaria used earthquake and go trought sturdy , i was like Oo

Solaris vs. My Normal/Flying Bird team.

No Perish Song/Destiny Bond shenanigans here, so I figured... stall. We got Roost, we can do that.

I started out with Pidgeot, and managed to somehow land not one, but three Feather Dance thanks to a Focus Sash and sheer luck from Dragon Rush missing. This caused Garchomp to be unable to knock out any of my birds in one hit, letting me Roost them back to health over and over again.

Normally that'd have been pretty boring, as stall is, especially when your opponent has Leftovers and some Restores.

But I had the time of my life because there's that glitch where when you go to select an item and then back out of the selection of what 'mon to use it on, the battlefield may go black. Well... the battle therefore looked like this:

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_of5tj7cdfQ1tvim1h_500.png Hello darkness my old friend

tumblr_inline_of5tjtlzRY1tvim1h_500.png

tumblr_inline_of5tksSXTN1tvim1h_500.png It was all too much.

...That said, I kind of liked stalling here because it's such a cheap way to battle. If Solaris expected me to try and prove my skill, I was all too happy to disappoint him.

Unfortunately I lost Unfezant to a critical hit :c

Edited by ZEL

I had the most stupid battle against Shade on my Flying Monotype. I had only one Pokémon, Jumpluff, not weak to Electric, so his Gengar and Rotom gave me some major troubles. Jumpluff with Grassy Field could deal with one of them (in the sense that he could set up for Charizard to burn the hell out of them), but not the other one, so I never even got to Chandelure.

The only other Flying Types  not weak to Electric were Tropius, who refused to show up, and Emolga, whom I refused to train. So I just caught a Motor Drive Emolga and alternated between that one and Fearow to make Gengar run out of PP for Shadow Claw and Thunderbolt. Its other moves were Hypnosis and Dream Eater. For the remainder of the battle Gengar switched in and out a lot, putting a lot of my 'mons to sleep while I relied on Murkrow's immunity to Dream Eater to force it out again.

At the end we were down to a bunch of sleeping Pokémon vs Gengar and a half dead Chandelure. Chandelure picked them off one by one until I was down to Murkrow, who managed to wake up and finish off Chandelure. Gengar stalled out a bunch more turns with Hypnosis, but eventually went down as well.

That's easily the most riculous battle I ever had; I was far too distracted by the fact that PP-stalling actually worked out and made far too many mistakes. But somehow it worked anyway.

51 minutes ago, ZEL said:

Solaris vs. My Normal/Flying Bird team.

No Perish Song/Destiny Bond shenanigans here, so I figured... stall. We got Roost, we can do that.

I started out with Pidgeot, and managed to somehow land not one, but three Feather Dance thanks to a Focus Sash and sheer luck from Dragon Rush missing. This caused Garchomp to be unable to knock out any of my birds in one hit, letting me Roost them back to health over and over again.

Normally that'd have been pretty boring, as stall is, especially when your opponent has Leftovers and some Restores.

But I had the time of my life because there's that glitch where when you go to select an item and then back out of the selection of what 'mon to use it on, the battlefield may go black. Well... the battle therefore looked like this:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_of5tj7cdfQ1tvim1h_500.png Hello darkness my old friend

tumblr_inline_of5tjtlzRY1tvim1h_500.png

tumblr_inline_of5tksSXTN1tvim1h_500.png It was all too much.

...That said, I kind of liked stalling here because it's such a cheap way to battle. If Solaris expected me to try and prove my skill, I was all too happy to disappoint him.

Unfortunately I lost Unfezant to a critical hit :c

no wonder he got bored of the battle if you stalled for so long against him.

Also my funniest moment for me? more like lucky but still, anyway here I am, battling Aya and that damn field really giving me a bad day, she is down to last two pokemon me I have one left, i don't remember who the pokemon were it was quite some time ago and i haven't the best memory but i do remember beating her because my last pokemon dodged the first attack she threw to try finish it and finished off one of hers then survived on 1hp when she tried to finish it again and proceeded to finish of her last pokemon with a critical hit, the feeling at that time when i saw that. So why was it funny? she had victory right there in her hands and lost it

Edited by Lord Drakyle

Just now, Lord Drakyle said:

no wonder he got bored of the battle if you stalled for so long against him

More importantly, I'd like to question how Camerupt didn't blow up in the meantime.

Tbh when you beat him in a few turns, maybe because you used DBond/Perish Song/whatever, that line just sounds like a really lame excuse. Idk if it was meant to make him sound arrogant, but it sounds more like 'y-you only won because I let you...!'

In this context it actually makes sense, and I enjoy the idea that he had to stand there and watch. This whole time. Thinking to himself 'are you fucking kidding me'. Regretting that he thought highly enough of me to expect an honorable battle. I don't know what he was expecting from a trainer who brought an Unfezant to the battle.

16 minutes ago, ZEL said:

More importantly, I'd like to question how Camerupt didn't blow up in the meantime.

Tbh when you beat him in a few turns, maybe because you used DBond/Perish Song/whatever, that line just sounds like a really lame excuse. Idk if it was meant to make him sound arrogant, but it sounds more like 'y-you only won because I let you...!'

In this context it actually makes sense, and I enjoy the idea that he had to stand there and watch. This whole time. Thinking to himself 'are you fucking kidding me'. Regretting that he thought highly enough of me to expect an honorable battle. I don't know what he was expecting from a trainer who brought an Unfezant to the battle.

It also makes your later battle with him (assuming you don't stall him to death there) with his after remark make more sense too since he didn't stand there for 40+ turns waiting for the struggle to begin, would be pretty funny to stall battle Lin and imagine how she would feel

It was the first battle against Julia on my third Dark monotype, I had grinded up my team especially for this, and I had two Liepards just to try and body Julia if everything went wrong....and then my Mightyena apparently had Moxie and proceeded to sweep the entire goshdarned gym battle and only finally falling to her Electrode.

This is the real reason why Ame won't give us that sweet sweet Gyarados, Moxie Gyarados will be the end of most challenges.

mine has to be my battle against Samson. I just caught a hawlucha and it was t's first battle. First move it does: HJK

"Whamo! Your power level is......

OVER 9000!!!!!!"

Ohkoed the conk

My swanna was my last pokemon left on Charlotte.

It's ability was keen eye. 

So I used Rain dance.

Then I proceed to destroy all of her pokemon in a matter of 5 turns.

I'd Surf, it'd lower their accuracy, but not mine because of keen eye.

They'd miss and I'd kill them next turn.

Was hilarious. That was my first try on charlotte in my second playthrough. through

I had a hell with Ciel (6+ attempts lol), so I was breeding and grinding specially hard for Adrienn. It took forever.

My Toxicroak went down really fast, but no problem. It was hilarious, when that bush-thingy pokemon of Adrienn used some new move, it was a shoot to their feet. I was expecting to get the beat up of my life, but owned the battle on my 1st try, somehow. I guess spending time on my Metagross and Excadrill was more than worth it lol. I also had a Lucario, and an Aggron.

Ame needs to power up Adrienn a bit, or else I ended up with a team too overpower lol.

Samson gave me absolute hell on the first playthrough, so during my grass monotype I had basically no hope at all lol

I ended up sweeping his entire team with a Lilligant, even the ones that resisted grass fell after the two quiver dances I'd set up

first playthrough against Ciel on my 6 try

I was down to  two pokemon, yellow health Noivern and full health Levanny, while she only have a low health Talonflame

when she's about to send out Talonflame, I change my pokemon from Noivern to Leavanny, so that I could heal Noivern safely. To my surprise she used Flare Blitz against my Leavnny and both died on the turn I healed Noivern. I had a mixed reaction between "why the hell did I heal my Noivern?" and "okay, what the hell just happen?"

It was on that day I regard my Leavanny as a hero who has done a noble sacrifice

After fighting against Adrienn and losing five times, I decided to use xyr's field against xym. I had a Gardevoir named Diantha and used Calm Mind 6 times and Stored Powered everyone (except the Mawile).

Then I used Draining Kiss when his field was Tailwinded. Didn't expect to get so many buffs from using Draining Kiss lol. It was a Critical Hit against his own Gardevoir as well.

Basically, I got so mad of the shenanigans of Adrienn's field, that I went try-hard mode.