Creating Choice Path

So i'm trying to develop a version of PK in which player choices are relevant to the plot in terms of which faction the player joins and other minor things. 

My question is: how hard is it and how can i do a script that considers player choice from the beggining, including interactions with NPCs? So, for instance, if the player makes choices in a certain way, NPCs of a certain faction would be friendly whereas those of the other faction would be agressive, or even considering a neutral path in which both factions hate you for some reason.

I assume that in terms of scripting, condicional choices are simple if they dont imply in long-term consequences (i.e.: chose "yes" for item A or chose "no" for item B, but nothing more than that), but, being new to this creating process i dont know how viable it is to make a script with choices that affect long-term.

Thank you all

• Veterans
35 minutes ago, Liewce said:

So i'm trying to develop a version of PK in which player choices are relevant to the plot in terms of which faction the player joins and other minor things. 

My question is: how hard is it and how can i do a script that considers player choice from the beggining, including interactions with NPCs? So, for instance, if the player makes choices in a certain way, NPCs of a certain faction would be friendly whereas those of the other faction would be agressive, or even considering a neutral path in which both factions hate you for some reason.

I assume that in terms of scripting, condicional choices are simple if they dont imply in long-term consequences (i.e.: chose "yes" for item A or chose "no" for item B, but nothing more than that), but, being new to this creating process i dont know how viable it is to make a script with choices that affect long-term.

Thank you all

Variables, switches and conditional branches are your best friend! If you make a certain choice, you can set a variable to be higher or lower (or a switch to be turned on or off), depending on whether your response is good or bad, and use that variable/switch to determine a certain dialogue or result later on with conditional branches.

In RPG maker it's very easy to set variables and switches as they're part of events, not scripts, so you'll get the hang of them fast enough.