Just something I've been thinking of doing...

Wolfox

Alright, so I've been thinking of doing something like this since I joined something like this a little earlier and I loved doing it.

If there's enough people who want to do this in the sence of joiing the contest itself or wanting to help me judge it all I will launch it somewhere in the next week.

What I'm talking about is a "Gym Leader Hunt".

People joiing will create a character that has the role of gym leader in the *insert region name here* region (don't have a region name yet) and will make a post "selling" (for lack of a better word in my vocabulairy at the moment) theis Gym Leader.

This will incluse characteristics, their past, their type, the city they live in, battle music, their quotes, the relationship they have with their pokemon and the people who live in the town/city.

Example:

Spoiler

My character's name was Wolfox Glace. Strategic mastermind who was banned from another region for his cruel ways. he found his way to Rebni town and found a new life there. He used to use Dark types with as Ace Malamar(the reason he did those cruel things wwas becausse malamar had control of him). Now he uses Psychic types, better capturing his tactical capability's. even as the 6th gym leader he could take on the elite four and even champion due to his constant planning ahead.

Ofcourse it would be more detailed if you would enter.

Here are some more details on the matter aswell:

During the battle section of the contest, all pokemon levels will be set to 100.

This Contest will be going for multiple weeks. So if you can't join week one there's no need to worry.

Durring the writing section it's encouraged to go as overboard as you can. Add as much details to your character as your can.

Here's a little sheet that you can use(not must, can) for the writing section(Profided by @Monsieur Divergent)

Spoiler

Forum Name:
Gym Leader Name:
Home Region:
City:

Type Specialty:
Badge Name:
Pokemon:
Battle Music:

Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Quotes: 

Now for some ground rules of the contest:

1. If you won a position, you are no longer permitted to enter a submission untill the final.

2. If the type you want to use is already in use by someone who already won, you gotta use another type.

3. When submitting your teams the poekmon have to be on a certain level (example level 11 and 13 for the first gym leader).

4. Pokemon that evolve after that level will not be evolved in the team display during the writing section.

5. For battle music, remixes of pokemon music are NOT allowed. Be creative with the music you add to yoru post ;).

6. After all of the spots have been filled, there will be a ROUND ROBIN style "tournament" via pokemon showdown to see who is the strongest. the format will(ofcourse) be monotype. but legend won't be allowed, you will however be allowed to fill your team with other mons because if that wouldn't be the case it wouldn't be fair, now would it?

7. During the battles it would be adviced to roleplay as your gym leader(as such it would be smart to if you register the name of your persona if you get a mesage that you got a spot), seeing as battles will not be the biggest way to earn points(more on that later)

8. after the round robin "tour" there will be one last writen piece about why you think your gym leader deserves to be the "champion" of the region.

9. be respecfull about other people's posts in the contest and don't burn them down if you don't like it (if either of the judges gets a pm showing proof of this happening that person will be discualified, be warned).

10. Just let your creativity go wild if you decide to join :)

11. And most inportantly, have fun if you join :D

Edited by Wolfox Glace

Is this something you would like us to post here in this thread about? sorry having difficulty following if so if you can specify what are Mandatory details and what are Voluntary that would be appreciated

Edited by Lord Drakyle

I'm interested in participating this kind of event, but I'm kinda confused regarding certain parts. Can you give a character sheet (like the ones in RPs), so that there would be an organized direction on the information that we'd be including?

there will actually be multiple threat about this if I can get it going since it will be done in multiple weeks. every week will have a focus on 2 gym leader positions. as for the character sheets, the people participating will be the one making their own. the example I gave was just the one I used when I joined an event a lot like this. if there are more questions feel free to ask them.

Once I can find 2 volunteers to help as judges I'll get this going. asap :)

I'm simply looking for 2 more people to judge the entries we receive in the threads so we can acknowledge the winners of that week. seeing as having one judge can easily lead toward bias toward a certain type (for example I love fairy types but hate water types) and even indirectly that will influence the results if I do it alone.

11 minutes ago, Wolfox Glace said:

I'm simply looking for 2 more people to judge the entries we receive in the threads so we can acknowledge the winners of that week. seeing as having one judge can easily lead toward bias toward a certain type (for example I love fairy types but hate water types) and even indirectly that will influence the results if I do it alone.

Now, I'm conflicted on whether I'd want to be a judge or a player :P Can I suggest a character sheet so that people would have an easier time in placing info?

the idea was actually no set sheet, but letting the people joining can just set it up the way they like best. you can, of course, suggest sheet for people who have more issues building something like this up :)

Here's a character sheet that you can use for personal convenience. You may create your own sheet though, if you'd like. Also, @Wolfox Glace, can I apply to be a judge?

Forum Name:
Gym Leader Name:
Home Region:
City:

Type Specialty:
Badge Name:
Pokemon:
Battle Music:

Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Quotes: 

2 minutes ago, Vanitas said:

its just about creating these characters right?  no like "using" them

I do believe it's a two part thing. The first part is that you promote the gym leader, and the second part is that you engage in a tournament with the other gym leaders.

as @Monsieur Divergent mentioned it is indeed a two part thing. the first would be creating the character in the thread. then if you win that gym leader spot you will automaticly be placed in the ranking. also I placed tournament between " becayse it won't be a formal one. I can't just rent of a room for it on showdown. instead you will (after all leaders have been decided that is) battle eachother using the teams you created.

@Wolfox Glace A thing that I just noticed is the pokemon. Will there be a difference in the pokemon you choose for your official gym leader team and the one you will use to battle in the tour? If so, does that mean that in the tour, there will be a set level for the pokemon, right?

there will be no level set, and the pokemon that you enter in your post will have to be in your team (evolved forms ofcourse). yet you'll have to fill the rest of your team up

2 minutes ago, Wolfox Glace said:

there will be no level set, and the pokemon that you enter in your post will have to be in your team (evolved forms ofcourse). yet you'll have to fill the rest of your team up

I know there's no level set for the pokemon you enter in the post, but what is the level that the people will be fighting in for the Showdown Tour? By level 50 or 100 (since making it no set for the battles will make it pretty unfair)?

it will all be level 100, cuz that will make it as fair as it is going to be

And it's the easiest to do in the team builder

Edited by Wolfox Glace