Most over used pokemon(s) in pokemon fangames that important NPCs use and are tired of seeing ?

GGLL

Hi everyone . I know this seems kind of random and I'm sorry if I have posted at the wrong section of the forum , but I noticed something while playing (many) pokemon fangames and I felt like discussing this . Anyways , with that out of the way , which pokemon(s) is , in your opinion , used a little too much in pokemon fangames as a team member for a supposedly powerful NPC (such as a main antagonist , an ally , a champion etc ). Also , are you tired of seeing them and why ? (You can also use examples from the same game )

[Warning ! This is a very biased post . This is not meant to offend anyone , but if I did , then I'm sorry ]

Personally , I would say that almost all pseudo legendaries are overused/overexposured , but if I had to pick a specific pokemon or two from that category , it would be Garchomp and Hydreigon . Now , I understand why this two are the most commonly used out of the bunch . Both of them are exceptionally strong and hard to obtain  , have  only one crippling weakness and can be pretty challenging as long as the player does not pack that one weakness , have a surprising amount of bulk , are reasonably fast (especially Garchomp) , posses alot of utility and ,most importantly , are able to do all of that while looking  very intimidating (Garchomp is a land shark and Hydreigon is a three headed dragon / a hydra ). Thus , they both make for  a perfect candicate as  a villain's ace ,which is why they are seen alot across numerous of fangames . Problem is , they appear so often as a villain's ace / team member to the point that the impact that they should have becomes nearly non-existent . They have practically become boring cliches , an easy way to paint any kind of antagonist as some sort of prodigy , a threat that you should be worried about . They are also used alot the same way by the character , taking on the role of an executioner (see Solaris' Garchomp and Baron's from Desolation ), which also serves to make the similarities between two or more characters from different stories really glaring (at least to me ) , despite the fact that those characters don't  act or behave the same way (or function the same way in their  own world's story ). All of that is why I personally believe that they are over-utilised and tiresome to see over and over again (but that is just me ), even if I like both pokemon alot . 

Again , I'm sorry if I have  offended anyone . Also , I apologise  if this is not the right place to talk about this subject . 

I don't get why people think they're so strong they both have a 4 times weakness an some other weaknesses on top of that, (Hydreigon was great in gen 5 but now hes not that good anymore). In my opinion Metagross is the best of them all with no 4 times weakness and a lot of resistances, on top of that he was also given a mega. Yet still you rarely see a villain with a metagross.

I know this doesn't answer your question but this annoys me. further I do agree that they are too common.

1 hour ago, Just2Reborn said:

I don't get why people think they're so strong they both have a 4 times weakness an some other weaknesses on top of that, (Hydreigon was great in gen 5 but now hes not that good anymore). In my opinion Metagross is the best of them all with no 4 times weakness and a lot of resistances, on top of that he was also given a mega. Yet still you rarely see a villain with a metagross.

I know this doesn't answer your question but this annoys me. further I do agree that they are too common.

Hydreigon I can kind of understand , though it's still not to be underestimated , but Garchomp is the definition of a Lighting Bruiser ice type weakness not wistanding , being faster ,stronger and even bulkier than alot of other pokemon while also having a not-so-bad offensive typing , with a movepool that provides at least neutral coverage for all types. Both of them are also more versatile than metagross , who is only more effective than the two of them when the mega is concerned . Besides, this thread is about over-used pokemon by important NPCs(so champion , rivals, gym leaders , villains etc) , and I would argue that Metagross is only slightly less used than this two . Then again , almost all pseudo-legendaries are over-used , it's just that Garchomp and Hydreigon are the worst offenders . 

Edited by GGLL

52 minutes ago, Maximillion Pegasus said:

lets see. if we are talking core series, then honestly, I find it all rather balanced.

if talking fangames, my choice is rather easy tbh.

riolu_conquest_spriteeevee_conquest_sprite

note- this also applies to starter pokemon in fangames.

While I haven't seen that many fan games with Rilous, I can vouch that Eevee is really, really overused. I think I can think of at least three that start you off with one.

id love to see a villain use a less popular pokemon in an executioner role and an ace like how solaris uses garchomp. Like maybe they can use mons like walrein to freeze people or krookadile to bite people or even scizor to do what garchomp does.

In Reborn (as of episode 16) there's a sudden increase in the amount of Togekiss you encounter: Ciel has a Togekiss, Victoria (for whatever reason) has a Togekiss, Adrienn also has a Togekiss. Flinch-hax got old pretty fast.

I do agree about Hydreigon and Garchomp, they've become trademark Pokemon for villains. 

4 hours ago, TheGymL E A D E R said:

I see Froslass WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TO MUCH.

Serra from Reborn

Neved from Rejuv

Angie from Rejuv

Kreiss from Rejuv

for some examples.

Don't forget Blake. Literally every Ice-type Gym Leader has a Froslass.

Edit: When it comes to Riolu, well, pretty much every Fighting-type Gym Leader + Aelita have Lucario.

Edited by Zargerth

3 hours ago, DemICE said:

Riolu line, gardevoirs and I guess eeveelutions

Gardevoir is definitely one of the most frequently seen Pokemon. In addition to every Psychic- and Fairy-type Gym Leader having one in their team, Gardevoir speaking English is a common phenomenon.

I pretty much agree with what's been said so far, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Gardevoir, all seen too much. Lucario is definitely a very common fighting staple. Eeveelutions are common (especially Umbreon for villain-types). I feel like some others might be Seviper, Girafarig, Zoroark, and Mismagius (not necessarily as aces, they just appear a lot, I think) I would love if important NPCs had more unusual aces! I think a villain that loved fairy types would be great ( Can't you just see them "offing" people with their terrible Whimsicott? :D (seriously though, they could smother them with their cotton, or leech seed them to death or something)) I would even be fine if the creators gave the ace a custom mega, or just boosted its stats if they felt it needed it, in order to make it more challenging. 

I kinda feel like most OU Pokemon that aren't legendaries, like Garchomp or Scizor (especially Scizor; Fern, Solaris, and Titania from Reborn all have one), get used a lot. Makes sense, since you'd naturally want later-game foes using stronger Pokemon than the mooks.

Slightly off-topic and a shameless self-plug, but in my Fangame (Pokemon Alliance), I'm going to try to avert this by making the aces of the main villains more rarely-seen Pokemon, like Pachirisu or Gogoat (with Megas, of course, so they don't get outclassed).