Which are the Pokémon that reborn made you love?

Anti_Hero

Well as my title says I would like to know witch are the Pokémon that this game made you love (or hate)

As for me scrafty and trubish are both Pokémon that I didn't like the design and never used much 

I started breeding scraggys because I needed a Pokémon for the dragon egg group, I got a 5 IV shiny that I thought why not use it? Since then it's been one of my aces, dragon dance moxie won me many fights. Including ciel... 

My scrafty alone beat 4 of her Pokémon and helped against altaria. 

Trubish was much earlier, against the first 2 gyms, toxic spikes rules 

So what about you? 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Zarc said:

scrafty too obviously , never played him on common games and i found it totally broken on reborn. Hariyama helped me a lot 

Yup hariyama too, he was my MVP against Correy . He gets poisoned and gets a boost, can survive crobats attack and KO it after 

Technician. Persian. Not often do I find a Meowth and think that it could be used greatly. But this Pokemon got me out of alot of trouble, criting Ceil with a Technician boosted, critical hit Cut lol. XDDD

the two champions for one: Gardevoir and magnezone. Also hariyama

Honorable mention to Vivillon and Gyarados

Edited by Wolfox Glace

On 03/05/2017 at 5:35 PM, badminton said:

does anybody been able to have a Ditto

check the 7th street :D 

also to answer your question @Anti_Hero :D 

- vaporeon with acid armor+aqua ring+baton pass is amazing . I always went with espeon

- pachirisu with charm+nuzzle+super fang was a nice suprise earlier in the game

- prankster meowstic 

- and the best one by far: moody bibarel O.O

Edited by luis

I've always found the Holy Magnet to be a must-have in Reborn. Sheer Force Nidoking helps a lot as well, although I loved it way before Reborn.

The one Mon this game made me discover and love is probably Gulpin. Surprisingly useful against the first few gyms and can take on Pulse Tangrowth alone, no sweat (but don't tell that to Ame or the little dude will be axed and pushed back to Victory Road =p)

1 hour ago, Wolfox Glace said:

the two champions for one: Gardevoir and magnezone. Also hariyama

Honorable mention to Vivillon and Gyarados

Hariyama is a MVP
Could you elaborate on Vivillon? I dont see right now where it could be that usefull

1 hour ago, Azzy said:

i like noivern though i dont use it much

Neither did

2 hours ago, ShadowTagKatie said:

Mamoswine--never even bothered to evolve a Swinub in the Nintendo games, but I've used this beast in every gym since I got him. 

I used a Mamoswine in my ice mono... I have to say, she was the beast in my team, almost nothing could survive her 

2 hours ago, Vanitas said:

thinking about i mostly used mons which i used in canon games before, tho skilllink cinccino is my favourite mon atm but i only had it in the postgame

Skillink is pretty good ability and that pokemon can use it pretty well as noel can show us

1 hour ago, ProjectIceman said:

Technician. Persian. Not often do I find a Meowth and think that it could be used greatly. But this Pokemon got me out of alot of trouble, criting Ceil with a Technician boosted, critical hit Cut lol. XDDD

I but mostly because it is tiring to train a noibat

42 minutes ago, Chase said:

Kricketune.

Mightyena.

Ursaring.

Unfeazant.

Magmar.

Diggersby.

Its been a while. 

Here are a few pokemon, never used any of those in the games, but as far as I know Kricketune is pretty usefull in the early gyms

14 minutes ago, luis said:

- vaporeon with acid armor+aqua ring+baton pass is amazing . I always went with espeon

- pachirisu with charm+nuzzle+super fang was a nice suprise earlier in the game

- prankster meowstic 

- and the best one by far: moody bibarel O.O

I need to try that Vaporeon :3

Also never used a male meowstic, but prankster in general is a good ability

13 minutes ago, Maximillion Pegasus said:

Image result for musharna

Nice art :P 

7 minutes ago, Alistair said:

I've always found the Holy Magnet to be a must-have in Reborn. Sheer Force Nidoking helps a lot as well, although I loved it way before Reborn.

The one Mon this game made me discover and love is probably Gulpin. Surprisingly useful against the first few gyms and can take on Pulse Tangrowth alone, no sweat (but don't tell that to Ame or the little dude will be axed and pushed back to Victory Road =p)

Now you said it... Maybe it will be pushed back to where you can find the legendaries 

On 03/05/2017 at 6:53 PM, Anti_Hero said:

Could you elaborate on Vivillon? I dont see right now where it could be that usefull

Vivilon gets coumpound eyes (raises accuracy by 30%) it also gets sleep powder (97,5%acc), hurricane(91%acc), bug buzz and quiver dance.

it really is a beast if it can outspeed the opponent, so it can put it to sleep, and set up.

also, if you want to be that guy, it can get iron defense+quiver dance+bug buzz/hurricane+ roost/draining kiss :D 

Let's see we have delphox for it's sheer versitility and was always usefull. We have trubbish and gulpin which came really good in my main game. Tyrantrum now my favorite fossil pkmn. Amoonguss was also a good pick. Gastrodon was also a reliable choice I really liked.

Edited by FairFamily

Meganium. Despite having a rather shallow movepool, it can still do very well in many battles. Nature Power is a very versatile move, as it most of the time allows you to benefit from the field effect. Meganium is also pretty bulky and has access to moves like Synthesis and Reflect.

Another one would be Klinklang. It's quite similar to Meganium; has a shallow movepool, but can still do a very good job. Two set-up moves in Magnetic Flux and Shift Gear can make Klinklang completely unstoppable. Gear Grind hits most types either neutrally or super-effectively and since it's a multi-hit -move, Sturdy or Focus Sashes won't screw you over.

Last but not least, Barbaracle. Why everyone thinks it's ugly is beyond me First of all, it learns all the moves it needs via level-up (and heart scales): Stone Edge, Razor Shell, Cross Chop and Shell Smash just to name a few. Second, it has good abilities like Tough Claws and Sniper that complement the moves Barbaracle learns - many of them either make contact, have high critical hit- ratio or both. Last, Shell Smash in itself is a game-changer. You could just buy some White Herbs if you really need to get rid of the Def/Sp.Def drops.

For the first time ever I'm using a Ninjask (baton pass, swords dance, double team, attract) - I don't like bug pokemon that much, but this super-speedy cicada with speed-boost ability on top has helped me both in NPC battles and competitive.

I have a shedinja too, which I want to train - I see nice potential.

Exploud tank like a champ and boomburst is op, Amphrose solid electiv type that i would use regularly besides electivire which i just obtained, Meowstic early game beast, primape with moxie early mid game one shots everything and delphox good type coverage