[IC] Aurora University for the Preternaturally Gifted

Chevaleresse

OOC THREAD DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOUR CHARACTER IS IN THE ACCEPTED CHARACTERS LIST

It's finally the big day. Things have been packed, parents/guardians/suspicious government agents waved off, reattached, pried off again, and now you're at the gate, at 8AM on this bright, sunny day. A bit weird for a university to have a wall and a gate, yes, but this wasn't most universities. Aurora University, founded only five years ago, and catering to a unique subsection of the population, to say the least. The walls, at least from this side, are a pristine, almost white stone brick, still unweathered. You think you can see some buildings over it, but it's almost like the air is fuzzy or something - plus the wall's a good ten feet tall. The gate's equally impressive, rising a good four feet above the wall itself and made entirely of wrought iron. The schedule they sent you said to wait outside the gate, and meet up with the rest of the members of your group; that way, once the group leaders showed up, they didn't need to waste time herding cats. You're all part of group twelve. There's still a bit of time before the leaders show up to start orientation properly, so you should probably find the rest of the group in the crowd gathered around.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A large, well built man is occasionally checking a pocket watch as he waits. From the looks of him the well built could very well be literal what with all the stitching that can be seen when his sleeves pull up with the movement. Also the large ones on his face. Kind of hard to miss them. He's currently dressed in a suit which seems to be made of some expensive material. Rocky silently contemplates how comfortable of an outfit it is. He wouldn't be surprised if everyone didn't wear them at some point. The mental image makes him smile, showing off pristine white teeth.

A short young woman carrying an oversized backpack in addition to a large suitcase, wearing mostly white and wearing one of those animal-ear hats is impatiently standing in front of the gate. "When are they going to let us iiiiinn..." she complains out loud, shifting from foot to foot in a futile attempt to not seem overly impatient. 

Aiko was impatient to get in. Her tail felt squished against her back - gah it felt weird to have a tail - and her stuff was heavy. Why couldn't they take the luggage? Then again, the backpack did make it easier to hide the tail... 

I'm bored already. Fox says in her mind.

You should have considered that before possessing me! Aiko responds, also in her mind. 

Edited by Twinwolf

A girl with sandy-colored hair approached the group, having been seen off by a group of four middle aged mages (whose garb varied from business suits to, in one case, casual clothing with a little traditional Hawaiian cloak over the shoulders) and an old man in trousers and a long-sleeved shirt who looked Native Hawaiian, at least from what could be distinguished around the bandages swathing most of his body and face. The girl herself was wearing a purple miniskirt and a blue T-shirt, with sand-colored hair and deep blue eyes and with a little cylinder full of sand hanging from her neck as a pendant. She also appeared to be pretty much bursting with energy. "Wow!" She walked over to the area the group was in, looking to be about a hair away from actually skipping, goggling at the walls of the university and taking excited glances at the city in the distance. "This place is super cool!" She's wearing a backpack, albeit not an overstuffed or oversized one, and rolling a suitcase of moderate size along with her, causing her almost-skipping gait to also kind of lean to one side, which looks a bit funny.

An Asian man in verdant and white clothes gazes upon the bright, cloudless sky. While the fashion may have been popular a thousand years ago, he just looks like a cosplayer right now. He seems mildly disappointed, despite the wonderful weather. He holds two overstuffed camping bags in his hands, but he doesn't seem to break a single sweat at all.

"Be patient, miss," he steps before the lady with animal-ear hat, dragging his long clothes along the way, "we have to meet up with the others in our groups first. Speaking of which, are you part of group twelve?" 

Edited by IntSys

The man with the watch sighs and puts it away as he looks to the belly acher. After spending a few moments just looking at her he comes to a conclusion.

I really didn't think that I'd see a weeb this quickly after leaving Texas... Although she does look Asian herself... Nah, probably a weeb.

He sets down his suit case with a slight thud before standing up at his full seven foot height again.

"I imagine they'll let us in after our group leader gives us a rundown of the place. In the mean time..."

Rocky steps to a position to the side of the other man and bends over to the other's eye level and extends a hand to Aiko with a smile. The height difference makes the gesture rather comical. He avoids mentioning that from the looks of things they're all part of the group to the cosplaying man.

"I'm Rocky Furter. What's your name?"

He nods politely to the rather enthusiastic... hippy? Probably a hippy, just look at all her parents, that came up.

A girl with brown-black hair looks around the buildings shyly as she walks towards the main entrance with her headphones on. She looks around and sees the other students coming. She isn't sure what to think.

What am I suppose to expect? she thinks to herself

Oh well hopefully they won't bug me she also thinks to herself

"Hm?" Aiko says, turning around. "I guess, yeah... but my bags are heavy! And the backpack's a bit uncomfortable. Group... twelve?" she rummages around her pockets for a few seconds before taking out a somewhat battered note. "Wait in front of the gate, try to seem normal, blah blah blah... group 12, yeah." she says to the traditionally-dressed man. Pocketing the note, she turns to the stitched guy. "Aiko Fuyumi, nice to meet you!" she says. She almost starts to bow but stops herself and returns the handshake to the oversized man. 

Already popular with the guys.

Be quiet. You're distracting.

Seriously, this patchy dude is *huge*... or are you just tiny?

Or, maybe I don't care about my height?

Rocky blinks at that. After a moment of wondering whether to just ask if he accidentally was dropped off at an anime convention or something he stands up and shrugs.

"Nice to meet you to."

After nodding to Aiko he turns to the other guy.

"If you don't mind asking, who would you be?"

Exorcia takes off her headphones. "You talking to me?" she asked Rocky "My name is Exorcia Miranda" she says a bit shyly. "Nice to meet you" she says as she gives a small smile and closes her eyes.

"You could always put down the bags. Nothing is stopping you." Zoren says, "I'm Lin Zoren." he answers to the big guy. He leaves a clean trail as he paces around the gate. After a few seconds, he puts down his bags and unzipped one of them. He takes out a tuna, somehow not rotten and stinky at all, and begins eating it while sitting on the other bag.

A man with black hair and an uncomfortably black outfit is currently regretting his choice of attire as he stands in the now uncomfortably hot 8AM sun. He sidles over to lean on a shaded area near the wall, and sighs.

He then took off his grandfather's long coat after dropping the one not very full backpack he had carried here on the floor.

He silently cursed the terribly sunny weather before stuffing a mint sweet into his mouth, and he strummed his battered guitar a bit as he hummed the opening bars of a song about a man who couldn't cry.

He observed the crowd and looked for the ones who stood out the most.

He could see a woman with sandy hair and sand based jewelry walk in a way that a lesser man would find to be quite funny, a part of him wondered if she just liked the color of sand or something.

Then there was the musclebound Adonis who seemed to have been in a rather large amount of fights, if the stitches on his face were a good way to judge. He didn't seem as nice as the sandy woman from earlier, especially since he was blatantly checking a woman out.

After a while Edmund stopped singing when he reached the bit about Theologians and sighed, he looked at the nice and sandy woman from earlier and wondered if she was a part of group 12 as well, before popping another home made mint candy into his mouth.

Rocky stares at the tuna guy for a good long while. He takes a deep breath and sighs before turning to Exorcia. 

"Well, the tuition is cheap and I heard that the law enforcement courses here are world class... So what about you?"

On the one hand, he's fairly certain he wouldn't break the masquerade if he just came out and said why he came. On the other, he really didn't want to be responsible for two more amnesia treatments even if the first two weren't his fault.

The sand-haired girl (Chloe Kauai) excitedly looked around at the collection of people here -- one girl was wearing (she thought?) one of those weird animal-ear hats that Chloe had seen a couple of times before, one girl had headphones on, there was a Chinese-looking man with evidently traditional clothing at all who was just eating a fish right then and there, and a seven foot tall man who sounded Texan with a bunch of stitches on his face, who merited a pretty blatant amazed stare from Chloe, who was pretty much gaping as she looked at the incredibly tall man.

But her attention was again drawn by the sound of the strumming of a guitar and singing -- she turned and looked at a guy who was wearing a lot of black, and she immediately walked on over to him, fascinated. She greeted him with a "Oooh, you play guitar?" 

"Well I can put the backpack down but I probably shouldn't, you know? City's right there..." Aiko says, as she adjusts the backpack to try to make it less uncomfortable - and then the guy leaves. Aiko shrugs and gets back to being impatient. 

Exorcia looks at Rocky, then sighs "Maybe I'll tell you when the time is right." she says to Rocky shyly

As she said that, she thought about her parents and wondered why they brought her here.

Edmund would have been shocked at the sandy woman's forwardness, but up close he realized that she was probably from the colonies.

He then put down his guitar and offered her a mint candy on his right hand, if she accepted the offer he would note how she had the decency to do so and put it down as a positive before reaching his hand out for a handshake, an only slightly forced smile, and the words "Uhhh no, in fact I have been keeping up the illusion of being terrible with the guitar by the clever use of technology and pre recorded material! My name is Blackadder, make sure to remember it, as I will surely remember yours miss...?".

"Thanks!" Chloe gleefully took the candy from his hand, whisking away the wrapper and popping the candy right into her mouth. She sucked on it as she listened to him speak, smiling at his joke (though she didn't pick up on his forced smile, she at least understood sarcasm -- she'd interacted with the sometimes rather deadpan spirit of Honolulu enough for that) and enthusiastically shook his hand with a fair amount of vigor. "Haha, I won't forget, then, Blackadder! My name is Chloe Kauai!" she energetically replied, pronouncing her last name like kow-ah-ee.

An accented voice speaks from behind Zoren. "Hello, I am a, a new. I am..." The voice is revealed to be another Asian-looking boy, an average height compared to the dragon. He has his hands clasped together, and appears to be bowing slightly, orange-colored hair flopping forwards a little. "Are you, um... Are you coming from 중국?" He seems a bit embarrassed. "I am no good in speaking English. I sorry."

Blackadder noted how Chloe seemed rather enthusiastic about everything, and a tiny part of him regretted how he couldn't be particularly bothered to remember the particulars of her last name, foreign names are so difficult to use properly, and in the end of it all he accidentally said Kawaii when he said "So Kauai, that's a rather interesting name, I assume that you came here from the colonies? So do you have any requests? Or may I continue with the song I was singing earlier?".

"Kauai," she repeated, a little impulse of pride in her home location not enough to get her mad but enough to prompt an instinctual correction, "Colonies? Uhh... oh, you mean the United States! Yeah, I'm from Hawaii! And, uhh, I can't think of any requests off of the top of my head... well, rather, I don't know what kind of songs you know! I listen to a lot of kinda island-y music, even if I guess it's a bit stereotypical. Margaritaville comes to mind!"

Zoren turns to the boy, lowering the half-eaten tuna. "To be exact, I'm from East China Sea," he smiles as he answers, "I just take this form on land." Zoren manages to keep an unaccented voice as he speaks, "Are you from Korea? You look a lot like one of those K-pop band members."