An Overdue thank you

Valyrym

Recently I replayed Pokemon reborn from start to finish, it was hard was cast iron balls, but insanely worth it as when I finished I experienced an emotion I thought to be long gone, A feeling of childlike giddiness and excitement that I hadn't felt in years and an incredible feeling of nostalgia that brought me back to when I first discovered this games years ago when my life was much more simple than it is now. and for that, thank you.While I never really appreciated it the first time around, now that I'm 17, my life is moving so fast and stress is starting to take it's toll, the ability to go back to the days when I was 13, happily playing this game have been a dream come true, it made me feel like my old self, it made me feel new and it was fucking awesome. This game has been nothing if not one of the single best things to come of my early teen years, and I know that as long as I have access to this game, there will always be room for it on my PCs.This game has brought me nothing but joy and happiness and it's always such a joy to play such a well crafted, beautiful, awe inspiring game.

While reborn may be dark and dreary it's brought me nothing but joy, and for that I thank you, I thank you Amethyst for starting such a game, I thank the Devs for allowing Reborn to come this far and I thank the community for being so goddamn nice, this is a part of my childhood which will stay with me for quite some time.

8 minutes ago, Valyrym said:

Recently I replayed Pokemon reborn from start to finish, it was hard was cast iron balls, but insanely worth it as when I finished I experienced an emotion I thought to be long gone, A feeling of childlike giddiness and excitement that I hadn't felt in years and an incredible feeling of nostalgia that brought me back to when I first discovered this games years ago when my life was much more simple than it is now. and for that, thank you.While I never really appreciated it the first time around, now that I'm 17, my life is moving so fast and stress is starting to take it's toll, the ability to go back to the days when I was 13, happily playing this game have been a dream come true, it made me feel like my old self, it made me feel new and it was fucking awesome. This game has been nothing if not one of the single best things to come of my early teen years, and I know that as long as I have access to this game, there will always be room for it on my PCs.This game has brought me nothing but joy and happiness and it's always such a joy to play such a well crafted, beautiful, awe inspiring game.

While reborn may be dark and dreary it's brought me nothing but joy, and for that I thank you, I thank you Amethyst for starting such a game, I thank the Devs for allowing Reborn to come this far and I thank the community for being so goddamn nice, this is a part of my childhood which will stay with me for quite some time.

Excuse me but on your profile it says that you were born on  12/10/1996 so unless a mistake was made i don't think you should say your 17 when you're clearly 20 

Just now, Sapphire Mahala said:

Excuse me but on your profile it says that you were born on  12/10/1996 so unless a mistake was made i don't think you should say your 17 when you're clearly 20 

I never input my real age or birthday on anything, I'm a super weenie and am scared of someone find me out irl.

Just now, Valyrym said:

I never input my real age or birthday on anything, I'm a super weenie and am scared of someone find me out irl.

But why tho like i SERIOUSLY doubt anyone is going to come for you irl and finding out what like what are you so afraid of???

Just now, Sapphire Mahala said:

But why tho like i SERIOUSLY doubt anyone is going to come for you irl and finding out what like what are you so afraid of???

Different people are afraid of different things, I just have an odd phobia, I can't explain it well. I'm just kinda spooked that someone will find out my IRL identity and try to target me or something.

Just now, Valyrym said:

Different people are afraid of different things, I just have an odd phobia, I can't explain it well. I'm just kinda spooked that someone will find out my IRL identity and try to target me or something.

alright i get that but unless you've done something bad idk what your so afraid and remember ( keep in mind this just hypothetical but you may find some use in this irl) what if the reason why you're afraid of being targeted is because your afraid huh think about it for a minute but what if you met someone who was exactly like you and was trying keep hidden even if they did nothing wrong wouldn't it make you the slightest bit suspicious or more so try to be a little more social so one gets too suspicious ok ;) 

23 minutes ago, Valyrym said:

Haha i used to be like you when i was smaller, i know that feeling. But really that fear is unjustified you should relax a little more B) 

@Valyrym I used to think that way that if I place IRL details, it would be unsafe for me. I realized though that it would be real hard for people to actually find me and in actuality, I don't think anyone would really target me unless if I really did something extremely wrong. So, I decided to just share some of my information like my birthday and my home country, just not my name. So, you should be relatively safe, but if you really want to protect yourself, then it's fine. I can understand that. I have gone through that phase as well.

I agree with your point that this game is really enjoyable. I found this game some 2 and a half years back, and I really enjoyed it even if it was quite challenging. I liked its dark nature and its characters who aren't simply people who just come by and go, but they have great personalities and their characterization was really deep. I like its region which is full of unique and interesting locales. I also like the concept of having 18 gym leaders and full teams of 6 for them. I like everything about this game. :D

6 hours ago, Valyrym said:

It's an understandable fear to be honest. Honestly that fear you have makes me respect you as a person for still being here.

• Administrators

i appreciate the last couple posts before for bringing it back to the thread since i don't think anyone was looking to get hung up on a detail like that :x

anyway, it's this has always been a pleasure of mine, but it's always a little craycray to me that it's come to mean so many different things to many people. and i always enjoy hearing about them. i'm very glad that it was able to be a part of something to bring you back. <3

life gets better once you have autonomy. hang in there!! when you're an adult no one will tell you you cant just chill and play games all day.

...on a day off at least. ;;

7 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

life gets better once you have autonomy. hang in there!! when you're an adult no one will tell you you cant just chill and play games all day.

true. Even if we can't split up with our child soul ( yeah , my english suck ) 

8 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Thread OP: What was your first starter (when you first played pokemon)? And what starter did you pick in Reborn?

Mudkip in pokemon emerald, I was like 4, I wanted to name him Champ but I was bad at spelling so he became Camp the mudkip, first pokemon to reach lvl 100 as well... mostly due to the fact that I got stuck after the 4th gym for 2 years and played this game daily, so he was like level 80 something before I realized the 5th gym was Norman LOL.

And in reborn, I always pick Mudkip, because it's my favourite starter mon.

18 hours ago, Valyrym said:

Yeah this is nothing compared to what I did as a kid.

I used to be so paranoid about people finding out my personal information, I'd cover my IPod Touch's front-facing camera with a piece of masking tape because I thought they could spy on me through it.

I mean they technically can if they have the right tools but...

Oh shit...

• Developers
20 hours ago, Valyrym said:

Mudkip in pokemon emerald, I was like 4, I wanted to name him Champ but I was bad at spelling so he became Camp the mudkip, first pokemon to reach lvl 100 as well... mostly due to the fact that I got stuck after the 4th gym for 2 years and played this game daily, so he was like level 80 something before I realized the 5th gym was Norman LOL.

And in reborn, I always pick Mudkip, because it's my favourite starter mon.

I was about 10 when gen 3 came out but even though I don't remember my first starter in yellow or crystal I always remember mudkip being my first in gen3. It's kinda hard not to like that chubby faced fighter.

On 29.04.2017 at 4:07 AM, Valyrym said:

It is not a phobia, it is a sense of privacy. I understand it, I also wouldnt like anybody to easily find out who I am, using google only, it feels, say, uncomfortable.