E17 Team Help

Millianne157

Hi, I'm new to a lot of this, but for E16 I started breeding and started to understand the importance of a team :P  I really want your suggestions to the team I'm gonna build for E17.
I would like suggestions to pokemon, moves and iv/ev spread ;) and also pokemon for rotation (since reborn is really challenging :D )

Almost any Pokemon will do as long as you play smart (and go for optimal EVs) although there are Pokemon that make battles more easier than some others. Commonly suggested Pokemon include Gardevoir, Magnezone and Rotom, it's also a good idea to have a strong Fire-type in your team.

As for EVs, it's pretty simple: if you go for bulk (which you should with defensive mons), I recommend 252 (which iirc is the maximum) on HP and 252 on either Defense or Sp. Defence. As for offensive mons, who tend to be on the frail side, investing on HP is sort of pointless. That's why you invest 252 on either Attack or Sp. Attack whichever is the one you plan to use/ is the better stat and 252 on Speed.

Edited by Zargerth

It is more about strategy than brute force. Personally, I enjoy using the pokemon all think of as weak, just to prove them wrong and give myself a challenge. But, like Zargerth said, I always EV train my Pokemon the soonest possible and breed for the proper moves to incorporate in certain battle plans.

I think EV training makes the game much more easier, I mean I beat samson and this was my team after his battle (I didnt use any healing items)

Spoiler

58fcd9e2c1fdc_SemTtulo.png.857d42a109f7fcd98f481af057d8460c.png

As you can see only 1 pokemon fainted and he is the only one that got hit (I only used Jynx, Sneasel, Aurora and Marshmallow) 

Even with a type disvantage it is possible to win, you just have to train right and use the right abilities and moves

Well I've been hearing rumors about the next leader being Titania. So uh, make sure you're prepared for Skarmory, Aegislash, and Excadrill. In short, a fast fire type. Which if you choose to renovate 7th street in the grand hall after the completion of E16, you basically get a "Beat Titania's ass free card" in a Charmander with Choice specs. Other then that, you should probably prepare for Team meteor. We faced Taka in the WTC, and we faced ZEL in the Devon. corp. So it makes sense that the next one is Sirius. In which case, a ground/rock type would help a lot. Not only is the ground type useful for Titania, but it gets sturdy and stealth rocks and many other things that make it SO useful. We also haven't had a rival battle in a while with Cain. Seeing as Fern is in Labradorra, and we just fought Victoria in Devon. corp. Once again, a ground type, along with a Psychic and Steel type would help. With three "major" battles covered. And that's all I think you should go out of your way to prepare for. Now if Amaria happens to be the next leader. Just get two electric types and destroy her team. Honestly, there's no water field that doesn't make electric types op. And if she has a Lanturn? Bring a grass type. Simply overpowering Amaria should be enough. And since last time we saw Amaria before the WTC suicide incident was when Solaris superpowered her with his Tyranitar, I'd say you should prepare for that. Now honestly? Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that directly counters Solaris except for a well rounded team. So uh, yeah, that would help a LOT. If the next leader is Hardy. Which it really MOST likely is seeing as we're going to a desert next, I have no idea other then overpower his mons. I hope this helped a bit.

Oh also, get more then one team of Pokémon. PLEASE.