What's your favorite good design/bad pokemon

Asher_Blackfyre

These days we are more apt to search online and find everything we want to know about a pokemon before we waste our time looking for one, but have you ever seen a pokemon that looked so cool, and you think to yourself that you need it....but once you get and start battling with it you realize it's not as good as you hoped?

Granted, good trainers can make anything work. But do you guys have a certain pokemon in mind that you like the looks of but don't like using it, whether its stats were wierd or it's typing was strange?

I have a few

Back in the days of gen 1 and 2 ,which is what i grew up  in ,I always loved the design of Arbok, in fact an ekans was in the first egg i ever hatched, but it never performed well for me, these days now that there are more uses for poison types and now that there are alot more poison moves its become alot more useful ,but it still hasn't made me want to clear a spot on my team to use it for long.

Sneasel and murkrow were on this lsit for me but now that they have evolutions I like using them alot better, but i still don't like that sneasel doesn't learn good physical ice moves naturally 

Gen 3 

Serviper

Zangoose

Gen 4

This gen was pretty solid for me on designs, can't think of gen 4 that looked good but wasn't

Gen 5

I know it's strange but i like simisages design alot, however it never done well for me for to long it always got replaced with something better

Gen 6

can't think of any

Gen 7 

salandit disappointed me, male doesn't evolve and salazzle looks stupid to me lol.

What's your list?

32 minutes ago, Vanitas said:

i also really like lumineon, meganium and most butterflies but most of them are too weak sadly

Was gonna say Lumineon as well. I really love that fish's design, and dammit I've tried using it. It works well enough with the canon games because ez, but I did have to kick it off my Rejuvenation team :c It was my first shiny there, too.
It's my favourite pokéfish design-wise.

Just now, ZEL said:

Was gonna say Lumineon as well. I really love that fish's design, and dammit I've tried using it. It works well enough with the canon games because ez, but I did have to kick it off my Rejuvenation team :c It was my first shiny there, too.
It's my favourite pokéfish design-wise.

the sound is also pretty mesmerizing

Boy.. here we go *grabs list as big as a kids wishlist to santa*

I won't go about this by gen, just in a random order:

Onix, Luxray, Hariyama, Gallade(I know it's pretty good, but still pretty sub par compared to gardevoir. and both lack in speed :(), Executor(both forms), sandslash, Fearow, Druddigon, Beheeyem, Sawsbuck(Yeah, I like sawsbucks design. just buck off if you wanna give me shit for it), Klinklang, Noivern, Pangoro(I love that design), Ribombee, Silvally/Type:Null, Cryogonal, Froslass, Spiritomb, vespiqueenn, leavanny, Salazzle(salazzle's pretty good, but sub par to most. so I'll add it).

There's probably more but these are all the ones I can think of that I like while not being that great.

Vikavolt was a huge disappointment. It looks great, that special attack is awesome, levitate is great too but in battle I don't really like using  slow stuff, even though I used to play some stall/trick room. The meta has become too fast paced and hard hitting for slow stuff to survive when they are weak to fire and not very bulky. I can see it shinning on a balanced monobug team, or with a combination of sticky web and tailwind or maybe a trick room team, it hits very hard and in my opinion it has a better typing than volcarona but unfortunatelly, speed kills.  

1 hour ago, Gh0stStark said:

Vikavolt was a huge disappointment. It looks great, that special attack is awesome, levitate is great too but in battle I don't really like using  slow stuff, even though I used to play some stall/trick room. The meta has become too fast paced and hard hitting for slow stuff to survive when they are weak to fire and not very bulky. I can see it shinning on a balanced monobug team, or with a combination of sticky web and tailwind or maybe a trick room team, it hits very hard and in my opinion it has a better typing than volcarona but unfortunatelly, speed kills.  

Vikavolt is easely outclassed by Galvantula on bug mono's. it's simply a mon that got overhypes because a design that's at best above avarage(IMO, I dislike this mon) and people just started being disapointed because the butterfree of Alola was not that great.

Pyroar umbreon, and  luxray were the ones that I forgot. Umbreon is a wall, nothing more and for luxray I don't like slow electric types, pyroar disappointed me because I wanted a lion pokemon forever, it's typing doesn't bother me so much but littleo looks dumb and evolves to late and is outclassed by talon flame so...