episoe 17 squad

the red guy

so since we are all doing it as we wait for episode 17, i figured that i may as well join in on this too.  This is my current team heading into episode 17. its been this team since the gym with the mirrors(i always forget her name). This team  was made in the sense that they all have their own roles. 

Eyes the Meowstic lvl 73

Bashfull

Item: TwistedSpoon

Abilty:  Keen eyes

Moves: Light Screen 

Psyshock

Disarming Voice

Dark Pulse 

Volt The Ampharos: lvl 81

Bashful

Item: Scope Lens

Ability: Static 

Moves: Discharge  

Electric Terrain( This can be used to take away the momentum from gym leaders who rely on terrain and field effects and give momentum to ampharos and swamperts surf)  

signal beam

Power gem

xxx the Vileplume: Lvl 81

Sassy

Ability: Effect Spore

Item: Black Sludge 

Moves: Acid

Mega Drain

Nature Power( This move has saved me more than a few times)

Stun Spore

Metroboomin the Noivern: Lvl 80

Docile

Ability: Infiltrator

Item:  Scope Lens 

Moves : Fly

Air Slash

Dragon Pulse

Flamethrower

Private the Arcanine Lvl 78

Docile

Ability: Flash Fire             

Item: Charcoal

Moves: Crunch 

Strenght 

Heat Wave

Close Combat

Waves the Swampert Lvl 82

Mild

Ability: Torrent                      

Item:Wave Incense

Moves: Surf

Waterfall 

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Other Pokemon 

Dusclops Lvl 71

Medicham lvl 76

typhlosion lvl 71

Whimscott lvl 71

Gastrodon lvl 65

Feraligatr lvl 69

Emolga lvl 66

Krookadile lvl 83

sceptile lvl 71

crobat lvl 70

Pangoro lvl 78 

scrafty lvl 75             

clefable lvl 79

dragagle lvl 53

seadra lvl 68

Lucario lvl 85 

does anybody think that i need to change this up?

A few things, in my opinion.

Acid and Mega Drain on a level 81 Vileplume are only good for tickling the opposing Pokémon, really. Petal Dance or Giga Drain is the way to go here (if the tutor for the latter doesn't show up for you, you can send it over to me and I'll teach it Giga Drain if you want), and I'd use Venoshock over Acid until we get the TM for Sludge Bomb.

I also recommend Arcanine Extreme Speed over Strength at the Move Relearner, as priority moves are incredibly useful to have in Reborn, they have the same base power, and HM moves can be forgotten everywhere now, so you can switch Swampert's first moveslot between Surf, Rock Smash, Strength, Dive - whichever one's currently needed.

As a fellow user of Ampharos (death be to the heretical Magnezone), I'm intrigued by your use of Ampharos set as I run Discharge/Thunder-Wave/Power Gem/Dragon Pulse. 

Thunder-Wave being extremely useful in nearly every encounter I used Ampharos in. 

Can you describe a bit more in which ways Electric Terrain has helped you?

6 hours ago, CMV said:

A few things, in my opinion.

Acid and Mega Drain on a level 81 Vileplume are only good for tickling the opposing Pokémon, really. Petal Dance or Giga Drain is the way to go here (if the tutor for the latter doesn't show up for you, you can send it over to me and I'll teach it Giga Drain if you want), and I'd use Venoshock over Acid until we get the TM for Sludge Bomb.

I also recommend Arcanine Extreme Speed over Strength at the Move Relearner, as priority moves are incredibly useful to have in Reborn, they have the same base power, and HM moves can be forgotten everywhere now, so you can switch Swampert's first moveslot between Surf, Rock Smash, Strength, Dive - whichever one's currently needed.

i had acid because because i didnt want vileplume to run out of poison moves too fast, and it is a reliable way to lower a pokemons special defense.I do need to get giga drain though. I just wanted vileplume to be able to last long in battles because with black sludge, it can kinda be used to wall a suprising amount of mons.

Arcanine with strength is kinda the same in that i want to preserve pp because it is not certain how many trainers id have to fight in a row before healing in episode 17

When it comes to swampert, im not sure if waterfall or surf should be deleted. Its atk is 219 while its spatk is 212. However surf may be useful for doubles. if anything i could get rid of rockslide for ice punch.

5 hours ago, Tartar said:

As a fellow user of Ampharos (death be to the heretical Magnezone), I'm intrigued by your use of Ampharos set as I run Discharge/Thunder-Wave/Power Gem/Dragon Pulse. 

Thunder-Wave being extremely useful in nearly every encounter I used Ampharos in. 

Can you describe a bit more in which ways Electric Terrain has helped you?

i may be wrong because its been a while since i fought with it, but eletrical terrain, for me, seems to change the field effects from whatever it is to an electric field. For instance , lets use shade as an example, since he is the reason i started using it in the first place. Shade fights in a dark gym that powers up dark and ghost moves. Ampharos' Electric terrain makes it so that for 5 turns, those dark and ghost type attacks arent boosted and instead boosts ampharos' electric attacks. after 5 turns it goes back to the original field. This is the most useful against gym leaders who seemingly abuse the field affects. Another example is fighting at the top of the mountain against the ice guy(forgot his name). I know his mons love to spam blizzard and because of the field, he wont miss. Ampharos' electric terrain makes it so that blizzard not only loses its boost, but also goes back to 70 accuracy for 5 turns. Electric terrain  also boosts water type attacks allowing swamperts surf to be more effective. However, something that i did notice is the while electric terrain is in play, water type attacks, such as my swampert's surf will have no effect on ground types. theres more than meets the eye about this move and i could say more about how it has helped me out , but i hoped this helped.   

• Global Mods

Can Confirm, Terrain moves are pretty damn useful in reborn, borderline cheesy in some situations because you can just strip away all of the home field advantage and mess with the strategy of many major battles