Betrayal of friends

LykosHand

I know this isn't a happy topic, but i wanted to tell you this fact that i lived, that is a friend i've lost for a while.

I had begun to talk to him, if i didn't mistake, in the fourth or fifth grade. After a while we've met well, we started to laugh, play, do homework, go on a trip, etc. Until the high school arrived. Because we had different opinions on what to do after finishing the studies; we frequented, of course, different schools. Both me and him were making new friends in our respective schools, but at some point we met less and less (about every two weeks) because he had much more to study than me and then i accepted the thing. One day i tried to write the reason several times, but he answered that he was always busy with the studies and his private life, fortunately occasionally we're able to meet together going to parties or going around the city on bike. After in the third high school, i was engaged with a girl and he was happy about it and told me that when he had time, he wanted to know her (then after almost a year i left with her for various reasons that i will not explain to you for me and her privacy). After about a month he invited me to a friend's birthday party and then there we talked about everything. About a week after that party, one day he blocked me on WhatsApp and then i tried to call him but he never answered, i went to his home but no one answered, although i knew which days he was at home. From that day i didn't hear he anymore but after several months i saw him in a disco with other people, but i was so furious and i didn't go to him for explanations, i still blame myself to haven't gone to him and from that day i never saw him again and still today i wonder where he has gone and i never knew what I did wrong with him.

P.S. I apologize in advance if some words seem confused.

If you want to write your own experience, you're free to do it.

Edited by Hellyeah98

OUCH that hurts man i feel you, thats what happened for me:

i have a friends who is more of a cousin than friend, we used to talk a lot and then Poof, he went to study in america because of the YES program if you dont know it you live with an american family and study there, so anyway he didnt have time to open his Fb a lot and the rest is very similar to yours :(

I guess that is the thing with friends:

People usually become friends when they see each other often as it allows both to get to know more about another better. This is more applicable in the case of school life where you get to know your classmates better as you see them every single day and often times, get to talk to them as well. You become close each day, but when the time comes that you have to be separated from each other due to various reasons such as having different school choices, moving away, or other reasons, friendships often are forgotten. At times, one party wants to continue being close friends with a person, while the other party also wants to be a friends still, but this is not always the case. Sometimes, it's only one sided wherein only party wants to remain while the other party has other interests to take care of and doesn't really want to retain the relationship. In the most cruel points, it becomes such that no party wants to remain friends and they ignore each other even if they each other after years.

It appear to be that your case is one wherein both of you still continued to be friends after a couple of years, although it appears to be that you were the one who extended the more effort in such. Later on, it only became one sided wherein you want to continue your friendship but he decided to block you off. I think the reason for this is that it is totally not your fault for why this has happened. I feel that this has happened because of your friend who probably did not treasure your friendship as much or he probably forgot its meaning over time due to only meeting with you less and less. However, I think you should have gone to him in that disco and cleared things up by probably reminiscing and recalling your friendship. It might have been fixed that way. Still, it's not over yet. If you do see him again, I advise that you talk with him and have an extensive talk about where you stand with each other whether he still wants to keep in touch or not. That way, you can make sure if he is betraying you or not.

Still, this quote responds to everything:

"Friends are like plants. They grow and mature, and sometimes, they leave other plants behind, not allowing them to catch up."

This means that friends don't always stay with people forever. Sometimes, they change and grow, without considering you or keeping up with you, but what you can do now, is to try and catch up with him if you'd really want to. Sometimes, a good long talk is the only solution to many conflicts.

Sorry to here that man. Just know theres probably a reason he stopped talking, and whatever it may be its all probably just a misunderstanding (since he seems like a cool guy and so do you). But like you said he moved on, and so should you. I'm gonna quote else here and say the past is in the past :) . Sorry for that joke just trying to lighten up the mood a little. Just don't dwell on it and move on, plenty more people you'll meet in your life i'm sure. And I do know where your coming from, I've gotten into fights and breakups all kinds of things. It really is rough but time will mend it. You probably shouldn't blame him too much either, although I'm sure his actions were completely unjustified I'm sure he had his reasons. Staying mad at him will only harm you. But all and all I hope you get better! Go out meet some new people, play some reborn haha do whatever. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here just pm me. 

Meh, I've experienced things like this here and there but honestly, if he chose to remove your from his life just like that then clearly the two of you weren't as close as you may have thought.

But honestly, friends come and go. I've only got 3 and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Best thing to do in a situation like yours is to occupy yourself. Experience new things, meet new people. Live your life.

Life is WAAAY too short to get caught up in the bullsh*t of other people. JS

well... sorry to say that but if he was a true friend of yours he could at least give you an explanation or talk about it :/ , i understand your feeling but like someones said before me , friends come and go , this is life.

I am like you , i hate when i have the feeling that i hurted people ( yeah my nature is to help everyone instead of myself , a good quality and this is probably what will cause my death one day so i have to think about it i guess :D ) 

@Another Retired Shipper Yes, in fact your case is similar to mine, i'm sorry to hear that 'cause you've you too lost a friend.

5 hours ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

I guess that is the thing with friends:

People usually become friends when they see each other often as it allows both to get to know more about another better. This is more applicable in the case of school life where you get to know your classmates better as you see them every single day and often times, get to talk to them as well. You become close each day, but when the time comes that you have to be separated from each other due to various reasons such as having different school choices, moving away, or other reasons, friendships often are forgotten. At times, one party wants to continue being close friends with a person, while the other party also wants to be a friends still, but this is not always the case. Sometimes, it's only one sided wherein only party wants to remain while the other party has other interests to take care of and doesn't really want to retain the relationship. In the most cruel points, it becomes such that no party wants to remain friends and they ignore each other even if they each other after years.

It appear to be that your case is one wherein both of you still continued to be friends after a couple of years, although it appears to be that you were the one who extended the more effort in such. Later on, it only became one sided wherein you want to continue your friendship but he decided to block you off. I think the reason for this is that it is totally not your fault for why this has happened. I feel that this has happened because of your friend who probably did not treasure your friendship as much or he probably forgot its meaning over time due to only meeting with you less and less. However, I think you should have gone to him in that disco and cleared things up by probably reminiscing and recalling your friendship. It might have been fixed that way. Still, it's not over yet. If you do see him again, I advise that you talk with him and have an extensive talk about where you stand with each other whether he still wants to keep in touch or not. That way, you can make sure if he is betraying you or not.

Still, this quote responds to everything:

"Friends are like plants. They grow and mature, and sometimes, they leave other plants behind, not allowing them to catch up."

This means that friends don't always stay with people forever. Sometimes, they change and grow, without considering you or keeping up with you, but what you can do now, is to try and catch up with him if you'd really want to. Sometimes, a good long talk is the only solution to many conflicts.

Exactly you've absolutely right; yes when it comes the time to separate for school or work reasons, often the friendships are forgotten,

Yes i've try to keep our friendship but apparently i failed. Indeed i should have talked to him when I saw him, but instead i did the opposite. The problem is that i don't see he anymore in that disco, as if he had disappeared.

Your quote is really perfect to describe this situation; yes if i meet him one day, i'll ask why he did so, you've my word.

@bobthebobby I sincerely doubt it's just a misunderstanding otherwise i think he wouldn't cut off the friendship; don't worry you do well lighten up the mood ;). Yes in fact now i've two friend that i trust, anyway thanks for nice works :).

@President Felix Yes i agree with you; ahah even the spaghetti are delicious ;) 

@Enigma Shot U Yes you too are right, exactly and for now i've two friend that i trust, i meet them about two years ago and they're brothers.

@Zarc Exactly apparently he wasn't a real friend, but at the first he didn't seem to me tbh. I like to see that even you like helping others and this is a good quality indeed :)but like you said, this world doesn't accept these nice things.

Thanks you all for your support i really appreciate it :D

I have a story that's quite unlike tis one, but still hurts thinking about it.

I've had some "friends" back in grade school. I went to the same highschool as some, yet I was betrayed by some of them multiple times. I won't go into full detail since even if it's been around 6 years it still hurts quite a bit

@Monsieur Divergent I hope so me too :). Yes if it arrives that day where i'll meet him, i'll tell you soon as possible :D and you're welcome :).

@Wolfox Glace I'm sorry to hear this :(, some people are really heartless; the important thing is go head-on.

@Another Retired Shipper I hope so me too :), you're welcome :D.