General Election 2017: votes?

So the snap election has been called by our prime minister and it is coming upon us. So I have a question to ask of you Rebornians: If you voted in the British general election, which party would you vote for and why? I'm just really interested in what people want to say and want to understand their reasoning rather than using the media to help me choose since they are biased between different parties. 

I do have one rule in this thread which I think you guys would follow easily since during my time here, you guys have been very respectful towards one another. Respect the viewpoints of other people and do not belittle them because their views do not fit in with your own. You are allowed to debate and challenge the views of others if you can do so in a way that will not offend anyone.

With that said, let me hear your views.

Oh? A political topic in a Pokemon Reborn forum? This will be interesting. As for me, I will just watch from the sidelines...2016 United States election has pretty much burned me out when it comes to politics. But I will listen to other people's opinions. :) 

• Support Squad

Fuck if I know, Lib-dems are the closest thing we have to oppose a total Tory majority what with Labour being in divided shambles. I don't hate the Tory party per se, even if they aren't doing young people many favours, but them having such a huge majority just can't be healthy for a democracy.

This election is incredibly shady though because not only was it called at a time Theresa May knew she'd have an advantage over the other parties but it is also aimed at hampering the turnout of young people. It's going on at the peak of exam time when people are in full exam or procrastination modes, people want to be preparing for exams more than they want to be registering and voting, easy things to do but without clarification of the process veeery easy to put off until it is too late. I can handle consolidating power, fine, it's a smart thing to do. Doing it at the worst time for a large demographic to do anything important is sketchy as fuck.

11 minutes ago, President Felix said:

Fuck if I know, Lib-dems are the closest thing we have to oppose a total Tory majority what with Labour being in divided shambles. I don't hate the Tory party per se, even if they aren't doing young people many favours, but them having such a huge majority just can't be healthy for a democracy.

This election is incredibly shady though because not only was it called at a time Theresa May knew she'd have an advantage over the other parties but it is also aimed at hampering the turnout of young people. It's going on at the peak of exam time when people are in full exam or procrastination modes, people want to be preparing for exams more than they want to be registering and voting, easy things to do but without clarification of the process veeery easy to put off until it is too late. I can handle consolidating power, fine, it's a smart thing to do. Doing it at the worst time for a large demographic to do anything important is sketchy as fuck.

I think it was rather clever of her to get it done at this time of the year as well as whilst the other parties are in shambles. I think when voting people need to look at not just what each party plans in terms of Brexit but look at the other policies each party wishes to implement too. I fear people will just vote on what the party will do in regards to Brexit, whilst that is important so are other policies. I don't think I will vote for the Tories though as I don't currently trust them at all, not to say I trust any of the parties. The manifesto of each party will be an important thing in my vote.

2 hours ago, ProjectIceman said:

Oh? A political topic in a Pokemon Reborn forum? This will be interesting. As for me, I will just watch from the sidelines...2016 United States election has pretty much burned me out when it comes to politics. But I will listen to other people's opinions. :) 

The US election was rough for some of you guys, I don't blame you for being burned out from that. 

If I were a Brit, I would vote may. It's quite the connondrum, I'm not sure  labor while matching my ideology would be a good decision. Right now with the brexit going I think great britain needs a strong leader over a good one. Basically trust in great britain is gone and since they won't be part of the EU they have little international economic relations and since they are still part with the EU they can't openly negotiate new ones. So while they could perform under the table deals, it does not strengthen their position against europe. Between the party top and its members and the lack of a solid opposition against the brexit, the party is left in shambles. This is not good for his negotiation position. So I feel May might be the best option. I aggree that the brexit shouldn't be the only critria but it will be such a major element of british politics but right now britain needs stability and I don't think corbyn can and wants to deliver that. Mind you I don't follow british politics that closely but it is based from what I could pickup from my country.

• Support Squad
5 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

For those of you who want something quick with a little humor to get an idea of what's going on...

not quite, seeing as that's france and this is britain. Sure they're kinda related but the question was about the snap general election here.

On 4/25/2017 at 5:39 PM, Maelstrom said:

For those of you who want something quick with a little humor to get an idea of what's going on...

Missed your mark a little there bud.

I thought the whole idea of Brexit was not getting UK government confused with France's

Seems like, despite centuries of trying, European people can only do so much to escape from one another

• 3 weeks later...

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, FairFamily said:

If I were a Brit, I would vote may. It's quite the connondrum, I'm not sure  labor while matching my ideology would be a good decision. Right now with the brexit going I think great britain needs a strong leader over a good one. Basically trust in great britain is gone and since they won't be part of the EU they have little international economic relations and since they are still part with the EU they can't openly negotiate new ones. So while they could perform under the table deals, it does not strengthen their position against europe. Between the party top and its members and the lack of a solid opposition against the brexit, the party is left in shambles. This is not good for his negotiation position. So I feel May might be the best option. I aggree that the brexit shouldn't be the only critria but it will be such a major element of british politics but right now britain needs stability and I don't think corbyn can and wants to deliver that. Mind you I don't follow british politics that closely but it is based from what I could pickup from my country.

The issue with may, is she would destroy the NHS, and make life generally awful for those living under a certain wage bracket, plus shes capped Nurses pay rises at 1% whilst swanning around with diamond encrusted shoes, she talks a very good game but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, shes a snob who has no time nor inclination to help those who aren't as well off as her, and she also wants to legalise fox hunting :/

Thank you to all that have posted on here. I have been watching here, looking at social media, the news and many different articles and papers. I'm currently torn between Lib Dems and Labour as I feel that I couldn't vote Conservative as my morals wouldn't sit right if I voted for a party that would easily privatise as much of the NHS as they can. I wasn't really thinking about Lib Dems until I read their manifesto, which as brilliant but I feel there is a possibility they are trying to cater to everyone a bit too hard. Labour's manifesto was also really good although there are some parts that I feel that are unrealistic.

I haven't read the Conservative manifesto yet but I will still read it despite not voting for them as I'm genuinely interested in what they're going to say. I'm also interested in what the Green Party have to say but I won't consider voting them in until the next election due to management of post-Brexit. I admit there has been a lot of beating around the bush when answering questions from all parties but I feel like Theresa May is downright ignoring them or giving a response that does not answer the question unless it is pre-planned.