Hi. This is a place for anybody who wants to drop their interesting field effect ideas here. Have a cool ghost type field idea, or normal type field idea. You can drop it here. I'm also looking for ideas for my own fangame. (Any taken from here will be met with proper credit of course) In any case, go crazy.

• Global Mods

Some kind of time distortion field that makes end of turn effects trigger twice, PP costs doubled, charge and recharge moves instant and other neat effects could also have a way to incorporate the opposites of those effects somehow, maybe on alternating turns is switches between fast-time and slow-time?

Just now, DreamblitzX said:

Some kind of time distortion field that makes end of turn effects trigger twice, PP costs doubled, charge and recharge moves instant and other neat effects could also have a way to incorporate the opposites of those effects somehow, maybe on alternating turns is switches between fast-time and slow-time?

That's a really neat idea. A while ago, I made a field effect that involved a house boosting every move. For instance, the house would boost flying moves via the ceiling fan or something. And Psychic moves via kid doing his homework.

Edited by Sceptilespy

I was thinking of one for my game but I've been thinking about axing field effects.

Anyways, it's a dance floor. Comes with the flashing lights, catchy tunes, and random party goers.

Missing a physical attack has a chance to send your Pokemon flying into a bystander or furniture etc.

No one can be put to sleep.

Different tunes playing may give boosts to attack, special att or speed.

Large aoe type moves ex. Explosion, Frenzy plant etc. Are unusable, to prevent lawsuits haha,

Just an idea.

Just now, Enigma Shot U said:

I was thinking of one for my game but I've been thinking about axing field effects.

Anyways, it's a dance floor. Comes with the flashing lights, catchy tunes, and random party goers.

Missing a physical attack has a chance to send your Pokemon flying into a bystander or furniture etc.

Large aoe type moves ex. Explosion, Frenzy plant etc. Are unusable, to prevent lawsuits haha,

Just an idea.

Honestly, I could see that being a thing. Especially the lawsuit part lol

(IDK if I'm allowed to double post in my own topic, but live and learn right?)

Anyway, since the entirety of the story for my game is somewhat planned out, I figured I'd show one of my own custom field effects.

(I't's not finished yet, but I think it's still good)

Dimensional Field-

"The unknown surrounds you..."

x1.5% boost to all dark type moves.

"What you can't see can hurt you!"

x0.5% decrease to all Fairy Type moves

"The dimension rips apart the attack!"

Flash, Light of Ruin, Dazzling Gleam, Rain Dance, Hail, Sunny Day, and Sandstorm fail.

Ghost and Dark type legendary and mythical pokemon get a random stat boosted upon Switch-in

x1.2% boost to all Ghost type moves.

"The ghosts already live in the unknown"

The Stat boosting effects of Dark-Z moves is upped by 1 stage.

x1.5% boost to Black Hole Eclispe

All Psychic type moves get dark type added on to them.

x1.2% to all Psychic moves.

"Black magic!"

Edited by Sceptilespy

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

Just an idea.

could do something with water moves/milk drink doing something with poison to reflect alcohol if you were going for a club vibe

Edited by DreamblitzX

53 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

(IDK if I'm allowed to double post in my own topic, but live and learn right?)

Anyway, since the entirety of the story for my game is somewhat planned out, I figured I'd show one of my own custom field effects.

(I't's not finished yet, but I think it's still good)

Dimensional Field-

"The unknown surrounds you..."

1.5% boost to all dark type moves.

"What you can't see can hurt you!"

0.5% decrease to all Fairy Type moves

"The dimension rips apart the attack!"

Flash, Light of Ruin, Dazzling Gleam, Rain Dance, Hail, Sunny Day, and Sandstorm fail.

Ghost and Dark type legendary and mythical pokemon get a random stat boosted upon Switch-in

1.2% boost to all Ghost type moves.

"The ghosts already live in the unknown"

The Stat boosting effects of Dark-Z moves is upped by 1 stage.

1.5% boost to Black Hole Eclispe

All Psychic type moves get dark type added on to them.

1.2% to all Psychic moves.

"Black magic!"

First i would like to point out that psychic moves gets 2 boosts, making them op. Also you put %and not x, meaning that a move with 100 base power if it gets the boost it will be 101.5 in power and not 150

In all the field seems interesting, how about light moves (such as signal beam) to have the power lessened? Or give some Pokémon as sp. Def boost 

Another idea would be a spider web Field. All grounded Pokémon that aren't bug types would loose speed, physical flying type attacks would have the power lessened and would provoke a debuff (not sure if attack or not), after fire is used all Pokémon take damage (1/16 of their hp?

Cut and some fire moves terminate the effect

Bug gets a boost

Priority attacks from non bugs will fail 

Something like this?

Perhaps a field that completely turns around the type effectiveness? or a type that allows Normal type moves to be super effective against steel, rock, fighting and ghost types. or maybe one that turns around the physicl special split? just throwing some random idea's here but if these are useful I might come up with some more :).

Also if you need and character backstories for gym leaders/rivals or what ever you can always send me a PM :)

I was thinking about a Field/Terrain that would be generated by the ability of a PRIMAL Dialga. Which implements the setting that can Dialga control time. Well, you can say it is something like a field where time gets sped up/slowed down . But to be specific, it functions based on overlapping timelines, something like A=> A+B or A => A-B, where the logic of cause-and-effect were warped. Depending on how Dialga wants the field to be, it could create a field where "effects happen earlier without the cause to exist" or a field that "removes the effect although the cause has been acted".

To make this simple...

Chronal Field

"Your perception of time gets twisted..."

- 1.5x boost to Roar of Time. Using Roar of Time does not require a turn to recharge in when the field is active.

- Every time Roar of Time is used, the field shifts between Phase A and Phase B, and gets extended for another 5 turns.

Chronal Field Phase A - Overlapped Timeline

<"The effects of now and the future overlaps..."

- Every turn, the secondary effect of an attacking move, or the effects of a non-attacking move were applied depending on what move is set in the first moveslot.

So lets say that I'm fighting Dialga in this field with a Ninetales, my Ninetales has Nasty Plot in its first moveslot, while Dialga has Flash Cannon in its first moveslot.

In that turn, I have Ninetales use Fire Blast, while Dialga uses Dragon Pulse. Damage were dealt on both sides, and at the end of the turn. Ninetales suddenly gains +2 Sp.Atk while receiving a -1 Sp.Def. Which means although it was using a different move, the effects (just the effect, but not the damage) of the first move of every Pokemon will be applied. Its like colliding a timeline where Ninetales used Nasty Plot while Dialga used Flash Cannon onto our current timeline. The causes (which moves were used) doesn't exists but the effects (stats boosts/nerf, negative statuses, etc were applied all in the same turn). So imagine a Scarf Togekiss having Ancient Power in its first slot, it can go for high % flinch with that Air Slash while having a 15% (or 20%? not sure about the ratios of Serene Grace) of raising all it's stats , all in the same turn. >

Chronal Field Phase B - Shorten Timeline

<"The timeline shortens itself, breaking the connection between cause and effect..."

- Upon activation, these effects that occurred within the previous turn will be removed: 

1) Negative statuses inflicted on both parties (whole party) , and any damage dealt due to the said statuses (unless fainted).

2) Any increase/decrease in stats for all Pokemon in the field.

3) Any entry hazards , damage dealt due to entry hazards (unless fainted) and/or decrease in stats.

4) Healed HP (only if it is the secondary effect of an attacking move)

- At the end of every turn, all the same effects in the above list that have occurred in the current turn, will be removed.

- The second part of a two turn move (the attacking phase) will NOT activate (unless sped up by an item or weather)

So this Phase B is kinda hard to understand. Here's a situation of how it works (Double Battle):

1. In the first turn. My Dialga + Arcanine came in. Dialga goes Primal and the Chronal Field activates, currently at Phase A. Intimidate activates --> opposing Walrein and Haxorus -1 Atk. Arcanine goes for Overheat while Dialga uses Protect . Walrein survives the Overheat and uses Toxic , Arcanine gets poisoned, receives poison damage, and has -2 SpAtk. The opposing Haxorus also uses Protect.

2. In the second turn. Arcanine uses Protect, Walrein throws out Stealth Rock (lets just assume that it learns that lol), Haxorus uses substitute, and Dialga uses Roar of Time. After dealing damage, Chronal Field Shifts into PHASE B. 

3. All the stats of the Pokemon will then revert to normal, Arcanine stops being poisoned and has the poison damage healed back. And Stealth Rock miraculously gets cleared off.

4. As long the field maintains at Phase B, all effects that happened in this turn will be cleared off at the end of the turn. Unless a Pokemon was KOed by the said effect (burn/poison damage, entry hazard damage). A Pokemon KOing itself using a certain move (eg: Memento) will only remove the stats drop done by the move, but won't revert the fainting itself.>

So while Phase A is more of a multi effect field, Phase B is a giant combination of Rapid Spin, Heal Pulse, Heal Bell and White Herbs. Where pure damage is the best option (and spamable Draco Meteors).

Edited by hope4896

5 minutes ago, hope4896 said:

I was thinking about a Field/Terrain that would be generated by the ability of a PRIMAL Dialga. Which implements the setting that can Dialga control time. Well, you can say it is something like a field where time gets sped up/slowed down . But to be specific, it functions based on overlapping timelines, something like A=> A+B or A => A-B, where the logic of cause-and-effect were warped. Depending on how Dialga wants the field to be, it could create a field where "effects happen earlier without the cause to exist" or a field that "removes the effect although the cause has been acted".

To make this simple...

Chronal Field

"Your perception of time gets twisted..."

- 1.5x boost to Roar of Time. 

- Every time Roar of Time is used, the field shifts between Phase A and Phase B

Chronal Field Phase A - Overlapped Timeline

"The effects of now and the future overlaps..."

- Every turn, the secondary effect of an attacking move, or the effects of a non-attacking move were applied depending on what move is set in the first moveslot.

So lets say that I'm fighting Dialga in this field with a Ninetales, my Ninetales has Nasty Plot in its first moveslot, while Dialga has Flash Cannon in its first moveslot.

In that turn, I have Ninetales use Fire Blast, while Dialga uses Dragon Pulse. Damage were dealt on both sides, and at the end of the turn. Ninetales suddenly gains +2 Sp.Atk while receiving a -1 Sp.Def. Which means although it was using a different move, the effects (just the effect, but not the damage) of the first move of every Pokemon will be applied. Its like colliding a timeline where Ninetales used Nasty Plot while Dialga used Flash Cannon onto our current timeline. The causes (which moves were used) doesn't exists but the effects (stats boosts/nerf, negative statuses, etc were applied all in the same turn). So imagine a Scarf Togekiss having Ancient Power in its first slot, it can go for high % flinch with that Air Slash while having a 15% (or 20%? not sure about the ratios of Serene Grace) of raising all it's stats , all in the same turn.  

Im still trying to figure out how Phase B should work thou, might as well see what other effects can be added.

That sounds like a hell for developers to implement. Interesting, but tough. Also tough to understand it's mechanics during a battle I suppose

8 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

Just an idea.

Sandstorm gets powered up into D*rude Sandstorm, which changes the battle soundtrack into... well you know what I mean. 

4 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

First i would like to point out that psychic moves gets 2 boosts, making them op. Also you put %and not x, meaning that a move with 100 base power if it gets the boost it will be 101.5 in power and not 150

In all the field seems interesting, how about light moves (such as signal beam) to have the power lessened? Or give some Pokémon as sp. Def boost 

Another idea would be a spider web Field. All grounded Pokémon that aren't bug types would loose speed, physical flying type attacks would have the power lessened and would provoke a debuff (not sure if attack or not), after fire is used all Pokémon take damage (1/16 of their hp?

Cut and some fire moves terminate the effect

Bug gets a boost

Priority attacks from non bugs will fail 

Something like this?

Thanks for pointing out the missing "x". And it's still being worked on, but moves like signal beam will definitely be weakened. Oh, and the psychic op-ness will be obsolete as that field is being used for a dark type gym leader.

In any case, I'm very happy at the success of this topic. Well, it's successful to me at least. Anyways, I'd like to show off another one.

Spoiler

Training grounds-

"HAJIME!" (Fight or Begin in Japanese or Korean.)

x1.5% to all Physical fighting type moves

"Hi-YAH!"

x1.2% Psychic type moves

"Brains beats Brawns"

Psychic moves chance to confuse is raised to 50%

x1.2% boost to all dark type moves

"A sneaky move will catch the opponent off guards!"

x1.7% boost to all punch moves

Dizzy punch always confuses.

Teeter Dance raises one of the user's stats at random.

Special fighting type moves get psychic type added on.

Foresight boosts accuracy

x2.0% to Future Sight

The stat boosting effects of the following are buffed one stage-

Nasty Plot

Calm Mind

Dragon moves ohko the opponent in exchange for the instant ohko of the user as well.

"Those techniques are not welcome here..."

Counter and Mirror coat will always kill if your pokemon is under 75% health.

The following moves get a 1.1% boost- Power Trip, Stored Power

Edited by Sceptilespy

Graveyard field?

Primarily ghost type field boost, but benefits dark type too maybe.

So somerthing liiiike:

Ghost attacks x1.5

Dark attacks x1.2

Normal type attacks fail?

"Fear" based attacks are boosted (like say growl lowers attack double, ominous wind gets 20% chance to boost all stats, shit like that)

Psychic/fairy types take extra damage because of being susceptable to the surrounding energies?

light based moves are weakened

Just thought that up as I went really, so may well not be brilliant

Just now, Jinan B said:

Graveyard field?

Primarily ghost type field boost, but benefits dark type too maybe.

So somerthing liiiike:

Ghost attacks x1.5

Dark attacks x1.2

Normal type attacks fail?

"Fear" based attacks are boosted (like say growl lowers attack double, ominous wind gets 20% chance to boost all stats, shit like that)

Psychic/fairy types take extra damage because of being susceptable to the surrounding energies?

light based moves are weakened

Just thought that up as I went really, so may well not be brilliant

That's cool. I've been thinking about a Graveyard field myself but I didn't know how to go about it besides the basic Ghost and Dark type boost. But fear moves being boosted is REALLY cool. You could do a LOT with that field. If my game ever becomes a reality (when I finish the time-consuming work that is battle spriting) do you mind if I snatch that with proper credit due?

Just now, Sceptilespy said:

That's cool. I've been thinking about a Graveyard field myself but I didn't know how to go about it besides the basic Ghost and Dark type boost. But fear moves being boosted is REALLY cool. You could do a LOT with that field. If my game ever becomes a reality (when I finish the time-consuming work that is battle spriting) do you mind if I snatch that with proper credit due?

Of course not, I put it here for a reason after all :P

I hope my ideas were of any use at all just incase they got drowned in the other ideas I'll repost them here right now:

Perhaps a field that completely turns around the type effectiveness? or a field that allows Normal type moves to be super effective against steel, rock, fighting and ghost types. or maybe one that turns around the physicl special split? just throwing some random idea's here but if these are useful I might come up with some more :).

Also if you need and character backstories for gym leaders/rivals or what ever you can always send me a PM :)

Just now, Jinan B said:

Of course not, I put it here for a reason after all :P

Alright sweet, thanks a bunch.

And for some reason I can't quote @Wolfox Glace

But I have forgotten to acknowledge you. In any case, the physical special split part of that really got me. If I can find a way to include that with messing up the already underpowered psychic leader then that's probably going to be the field. Also, an inverse field would be cool, but I'd like to do something unique with it. But I'm not sure what that something is yet.

Oh, and regarding @HongaarseBeer's Chrono Field. It seems VERY interesting. But I'm not sure where I'd put it, or how to develop all that. (I still have no idea how to imput tilesets lol.) But if I can find a way, I'll probably make this happen. Somehow.

Edited by Sceptilespy

Icicle cave?

sound attacks gets a boost, they will be transformed to those multy hit moves, the first does normal damage and the next less and less, being randome of 2-5 hits 

ground attacks will shake the cave and make icicles fall damaging all, it is cold, so ice type gets a boost, water gets a boost and does ice damage, ice is super effective on fire and fire is lessened

Also freezing chance is increases and burn decreases 

(and sclad remains pure water, is lessened in power and doesnt burn)

Just now, Wolfox Glace said:

I guess my posts are just gliched xaa that would be my luck xD

and as I said I wouldn't mind helping you with some backstories whenever needed

Thanks as well, when I get to typing up the story for Version 1, I might PM you for advice.

Just now, Anti_Hero said:

Icicle cave?

sound attacks gets a boost, they will be transformed to those multy hit moves, the first does normal damage and the next less and less, being randome of 2-5 hits 

ground attacks will shake the cave and make icicles fall damaging all, it is cold, so ice type gets a boost, water gets a boost and does ice damage, ice is super effective on fire and fire is lessened

Also freezing chance is increases and burn decreases 

(and sclad remains pure water, is lessened in power and doesnt burn)

While Ame has created an Icicle Cave field I believe, I could make one and add my own twist to it. It's a cool idea regarding multi-hit sound moves, but I think I'd just make two hits, like a parental bond thing. Although Ice would get a boost in the field, I see no reason as to it being super effective against fire. I like your decision regarding scald as well. Overall, I could do something with this, but with a lot more detail.

3 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

While Ame has created an Icicle Cave field I believe, I could make one and add my own twist to it. It's a cool idea regarding multi-hit sound moves, but I think I'd just make two hits, like a parental bond thing. Although Ice would get a boost in the field, I see no reason as to it being super effective against fire. I like your decision regarding scald as well. Overall, I could do something with this, but with a lot more detail.

I was thinking that since it is cold the fire would be weaker and more cold would be be bad for a high temperature pokemon, meaning they would have hypotermia (super effective)

But maybe I am just going too far :P anyway I just said multy hit because of the eccho but yes parental bond would be perfect, but wha about sound status moves? supersonic and growl or other moves 

Just now, Anti_Hero said:

I was thinking that since it is cold the fire would be weaker and more cold would be be bad for a high temperature pokemon, meaning they would have hypotermia (super effective)

But maybe I am just going too far :P anyway I just said multy hit because of the eccho but yes parental bond would be perfect, but wha about sound status moves? supersonic and growl or other moves 

Oh ok, I get where you're coming from regarding ice and fire. But I think to say it's super effective is a stretch. I think a Neutral hit would be enough. Besides, It's basically Super effective plus stab and the field. Supersonic's damage would be increased to at least 70 and have a parental bond effect. And moves like Growl would deal additional damage OR have their stat changing effects upped a stage. Rock type moves would probably have ice type added on to them, as well as earthquake breaking the field. Sun could also slowly melt the ice and turn it into a normal cave field. Wheres Rain could turn into Hail, and Hail would give Ice types even more buffs. So, yeah, this field has potential.

15 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Alright sweet, thanks a bunch.

And for some reason I can't quote @Wolfox Glace

But I have forgotten to acknowledge you. In any case, the physical special split part of that really got me. If I can find a way to include that with messing up the already underpowered psychic leader then that's probably going to be the field. Also, an inverse field would be cool, but I'd like to do something unique with it. But I'm not sure what that something is yet.

Oh, and regarding @HongaarseBeer's Chrono Field. It seems VERY interesting. But I'm not sure where I'd put it, or how to develop all that. (I still have no idea how to imput tilesets lol.) But if I can find a way, I'll probably make this happen. Somehow.

Beware, it's not my idea. It's @hope4896's idea

• Global Mods
On 21/04/2017 at 9:00 PM, Wolfox Glace said:

Perhaps a field that completely turns around the type effectiveness? or a type that allows Normal type moves to be super effective against steel, rock, fighting and ghost types. or maybe one that turns around the physicl special split? just throwing some random idea's here but if these are useful I might come up with some more :).

Isn't the first one already a thing (inverse field), which would include those effects for normal types (except fighting I think).

if by turning around the physical/special split you mean swapping physical and special moves instead of reverting to gen 3 and prior mechanics, that could be a pretty cool idea.

lots of fun things to abuse like overheat and leaf storm