Rebornian Mentions: Murdoc (Presented by Chat Chat Blogs)

Miss Kitty

Chat Chat Blogs Presents:

Rebornian Mentions: Murdoc

This week’s RM seems to be following a pattern! Today, we shine a super bright light at another one of the authy team: Murdoc (Nominated by Commander)! Murdoc comes to us all the way from the Mid-Western U.S., specifically Minnesota. Tempest has a neighbor! It seems Minnesota isn’t as quiet as we assumed. In his spare time, some hobbies Murdoc’s taken up are spending time in another forum called Bay12, gaming, and collecting various figures-- so far most are from Fate and Touhou.

image.jpg

Murdoc, working the camera. Or would the camera be working for him?

Life in Reborn

Murdoc joined with us back in 2013. He discovered us through a Pokemon Type quiz that was being passed around at that time. “I got lots of different types across multiple attempts. (I) usually got water or fighting with something else.” But it wasn’t the quiz that tempted Murdoc to stick around. It was also the game, and if you know Murdoc well, the RP (role-play, collaborative storytelling) section. It didn’t take long before Murdoc was promoted to authyhood. Two years ago, he was offered to become a moderator for the chat servers. “My job is pretty simple, just managing the RP forum alongside Hukuna, along with helping out with policy decisions and whatnot.”

It’s within the RP section of the forums where Murdoc spends most of his time. Many of the RP’s he takes part of tend to deal with the fantasy/action genres and he does his best to make his characters as diverse as possible. One of Murdoc’s biggest successes here with Reborn is an RP that he’s starting up in the near future. It’s called Trespassers, which takes a huge variety of universes and mashes them together. "But Murdoc," you may say, "what if I don’t have experience or can’t make a decent character?” That’s okay! The RP community of Reborn can help on those fronts. Murdoc also says, “expies are a good place to start. Having a personality to model gives you a decent starting point.” And that’s just one of the many tips Murdoc can and will offer.

billy-mays.jpg

But wait, there’s more! Sign-ups are still current for Trespassers!

One of Murdoc’s favorite moment comes from a game of League a few weeks ago. “I was playing League with Zetaark and screaming about it the whole time. Which isn’t abnormal, except this time he was dominating the entire enemy team with a memetic character and then I stole his pentakill.” Zetaark did not respond well to this. There was such rage, and the entire time, I assume, Murdoc had his mic muted so he could roll around the room laughing. Zetaark is one of Murdoc’s favorite Rebornians though, including Lexi, Hukuna, and Kyoyo. “Outside of that, Zumi is pretty great and I appreciate how much work Dan puts into the site and dealing with people, including myself.” While Murdoc does have a crush, it is not that of Rebornian kind. Even though the relationship is still pretty fresh, it’s nice to see Rebornians finding love! CCB wishes you two the best of luck~

Reborn the Game

While Murdoc didn’t finish the game up to the current episode, he did like what he played. He felt it was a bit slow at times, presumably through the difficult leveling, but it was otherwise fairly good. One of the challenging moments Murdoc encountered during his playthrough was beating Florinia. But his favorite moment? “Beating up Fern of course.” I really need to get good at leveling so that I can see why no one likes Fern. Surely, he’s just misunderstood.

The Big Picture

Murdoc is a peaceful, friendly resident of Reborn who brings great qualities to the community. For the moment, he’s content with studying Physics in school and working his part-time campus job. However, he’s got some goals in mind for the future. Right now, his next goal for Reborn is to keep growing the RP community, and also to do his best to ensure inclusion for everyone. He plans to start a new RP for members who have little to no experience to help guide them in exploring their interests within the RP world. We can’t wait to see what Murdoc does next! If you see Murdoc out and about, be sure to say hi through intense battle scenes!

"Hello!"

From Murdoc, to Reborn: “-insert some sort of obligatory plug for checking out the RP forum- Also, a reminder: I’m always around to talk about whatever.”

A big thank you to Murdoc for the interview!

If you have a nominee & question in mind, comment below or give a shout-out in chat!

All images do not belong to me. Youtube video belongs to Hyun.

RM Nomination Questions

We’re back again with some nomination questions! This seems to be gaining some traction, so we’ll give it a go again! Same rules still apply: no rule-break questions, no uncomfy questions.

Murdoc was nominated by Commander, and Commander asked:

Commander: “Of all the RP characters you created, which one is your least favorite and why?”

Murdoc: “Probably Sarcus (from Aftermath). He had all the symptoms of a first-time RP character. Excessively edgy, Absol partner, obligatory mental illness, overly tragic backstory, and underneath that was basically a self-insert.”

*Ahem*

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOMINATED HIM! I WOULD'VE ASKED A DEEP AND WAY TOO PERSONAL QUESTION TO FIND OUT HIS DEEPEST DARKEST SECRETS!

Anyways, for y'all are wondering about RPing and screwing up when you first joined, you can't screw up as hard as this dummy did who literally did not understand what it meant to RP and had to literally ask what they meant by going to the desk. I somehow turned out okay. But seriously, don't be afraid to try it out.

As for the article, it's always fun to read these and learn something new. As for nominations, hmm...mirror mirror on the wall, who's the unluckiest of them all? I'm going to go with @InnocentSerenity if I didn't pick him yet.

I wasn't expecting to go through this, and I certainly wasn't expecting to see that game mentioned. And no, no mics were muted during that game. The shenanigans started when I cheesed out an unofficial penta with basically 10% health. Truly the start of the madness. But yes, I think I'll nominate @InnocentSerenity  as well.