References in Reborn

Wolfox

it's no secret reborn has references to other forms od pop culture like music, tv, and much more, so it seems like fun to see who found what references :D

Note that there is a good chance you find spoilers here if people share the references they found.

Now I found about 3 that I remember of the top of my head:

One of the trainers in the grand hall speaks about music and has the name Justin.

On of the trainers on the Opal Brigde sings a Paramore song, Wow to be exact.

in Charlotte's gym there an old guy speaking about a Soldier Boy, his name is Iroh

There's this girl in the Onyx ward, perhaps even in the game center (can't recall the name, arcade maybe) who plays Reborn and says that 'you've probably never heard of it'. Not sure if this fits the term reference but it's a funny one

There can be a woman in front of the broken gym in coral ward who references the fall of reborn by using the intro of avatar:the last airbender. strangely enough she showed up in my first playthrough but didn't in my second even though both of them started in episode 1. It might be a rare "event" that happens in only some savefiles but I don't know why that would be the case. I wonder if anyone else came across her?

Just now, Just2Reborn said:

There can be a woman in front of the broken gym in coral ward who references the fall of reborn by using the intro of avatar:the last airbender. strangely enough she showed up in my first playthrough but didn't in my second even though both of them started in episode 1. It might be a rare "event" that happens in only some savefiles but I don't know why that would be the case. I wonder if anyone else came across her?

now I remember her! I've seen her every time I got to that point in the game

In route 2 there is a trainer with a weak smoochum and a luxray. That was a reference to the reborn type quiz that is now lost with the site update.There is a second trainer in that route related to it but I don't know who anymore.

When you confront terra she claims that she is being checked out  and then starts singing my humps which is a reference to the song My Humps from Black Eyed Peas.

There is a youngester joey reference if I reall correctly but with bidoofs.

Youngster Joey's "cousins" are in Peridot by the fountain. One has a zigzagoon and the other has an idk.

23 hours ago, Just2Reborn said:

I think it's weather dependant? Not sure tbh

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Jinan B said:

Youngster Joey's "cousins" are in Peridot by the fountain. One has a zigzagoon and the other has an idk.

The other uses a Patrat. 

I don't play League of Legends but I've heard some of the terminology and recognized an NPC in the Onyx Arcade at the game machines reference it, talking about "mid-laning" IIRC. 

Most of the Silph Co.'s floors are closed off due to "security reasons in the Kanto region", referencing Team Rocket's attempted takeover of the company. 

There's an NPC in the Onyx Arcade who says "Big money, no Krabbys" which is a reference to a game show called Whammy. 

In Cain's songs are several references to the anime openings, the most recognizable being when he says "At this rate I'll never be the very best like no one ever was". 

In a house in Calcenon City there's an NPC that says "I'm talking bout all-out party and we're getting it started. Mr. President, do you mind some electric guitar?". I looked it up because I thought "That's so bizarre it has to be referencing something" and it's a line from the theme song to Cory in the House. 

The trainer in Charlotte's gym who says "See you in the Starlight Divide" is referencing Starlight Divide, the game Ame's making after Reborn is finished. 

In Blake's apartment, after solving the puzzle Shelly says she feels like you should've been looking for a door with a number 9. This is a reference to a game, but I forget which one. 

When Terra says that you won a brand new car, that's a reference to the game show The Price is Right. 

There's an Arcade Star on Opal Bridge named Miku, a reference to the Vocaloid Hatsune Miku. Could also be a reference to a community member because I've heard there was someone named Miku here. 

One of the Grand Hall trainers has shiny members of the Squirtle line and calls them Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, a reference to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 

Some NPC trainers are references to community members. There's Psychic Inuki (Inuki), Street Rat Erick (Neo), Street Rat Andreas (Eternal Edge), Arcade Star Lithi (not sure of her name, but she's no longer with us in the same sense as Corey and Kiki), probably some more I don't know about, and the PC programmer Nyu is also a reference to forum member Nyu. 

Most of the characters themselves and many events in the game are references to the leaders and events from the online league, which the game is based on. 

6 hours ago, Zarc said:

well , there is Terra before you face her she said : " in a galaxy not very far away " , don't think i need to explain the reference

Terra also references Batman's backstory when the PC and the other circus gym leaders confront her about being a Meteor.

And then she references Megaman Battle Network as she enters the computer. Saying something like "Terra, jack in!"

The people in the right side of the arcade seem to be playing a MOBA. Most likely League of Legends because that's the one Ame plays. There's also a sidequest in Ametrine City where the PC helps a guy fight off a virus in his computer and afterwards he mentions something about doing solo queue or something and then tries to pretend he means he's going back to work by throwing a bunch of jargon around, hoping the PC buys it.

5 hours ago, Jinan B said:

"On this day, humanity received a grim reminder" Can't remember who says it.

I believe that was one of the random NPCs in front of the Grand Stairway when you first pass through there.

The guy in the Grand Hall who says something along the lines of "I'll rock and you roll, ready?" when you battle him at the end says "All in all, you're not just another brick in the wall" referencing rocker Pink Floyd's song "Another Brick in the Wall".

On 15.4.2017 at 3:31 PM, Jinan B said:

"On this day, humanity received a grim reminder" Can't remember who says it.

There's this one on Route 1, too:

Spoiler

p2Xw8kp.png

Honestly, there's so many references in this game that I'd be too lazy to try to list even just half of them.