Team builld help required

Betlue

Hi, It's my first time in the game. After playing alot of pokemon games, I never knew it can be so hard! :)

Well, I'm trying to make a good team, but It's quite hard for me to decide which pokemons I want to keep up on my team.

Currently my six pokemons are:

1. Torterra - my starter, I will probably keep him.

2. Camerupt - got it early and raised it for the grass gym, looking for an exchange.

3. Magneton

4. Electabuzz

5. Houndoom

6. Marshtomp - got from wondertrade but his nature/iv sucks...

Not sure who I want to keep... I love Magnezone so I just want to evlove him (Don't know how) and will save him probably too.

Marshtomp is kinda bad cause of IV and EV, not sure if I want him (I also have Torterra as ground type).

I'm now at the Tanzan Cove

I believe Houndoom and Torterra make good synergy, between Zone and Electivire I believe Magnezone is better, yes. You can evolve it later I believe by leveling it up on the Abandoned Power Plant, but you'll need a special item iirc.

If replacing Marshtomp I'd suggest you to get a good water type since it will definetly come in handy later in the game. Horsea is a great pokemon but really hard to get, Swift Swim Kingdra is a monster, but believe me, you'll need to put the effort in.

Other pokemon I'd use to complement that team would be either a ghost or a psychic special pokemon, and a fighting one :D good luck!

To evolve magnezone you have to get the yureu key, search it up on youtube, but thats after you finished episode 14 or 15.

I can spare a 5iv mudkip if you want. You should probably get rid of camerupt since you have two ground and fire already, maybe replace it with a gardevoir (now available to you). And if you looking for a exchange for your camerupt just name a couple pokemon that are obtainable, i can probably spare one.

[MINOR SPOILERS]

As for who to replace camerupt with, I would recommend maybe a heracross since right after you get it theres gonna be a psychic and dark gym and a pretty hard rock battle with meteor grunts.

Edited by bobthebobby

15 hours ago, Vlado Vladimir said:

I believe Houndoom and Torterra make good synergy, between Zone and Electivire I believe Magnezone is better, yes. You can evolve it later I believe by leveling it up on the Abandoned Power Plant, but you'll need a special item iirc.

If replacing Marshtomp I'd suggest you to get a good water type since it will definetly come in handy later in the game. Horsea is a great pokemon but really hard to get, Swift Swim Kingdra is a monster, but believe me, you'll need to put the effort in.

Other pokemon I'd use to complement that team would be either a ghost or a psychic special pokemon, and a fighting one :D good luck!

Thanks for the help!

After I searched a little bit, I thought about replacing Electabuzz, Marshtomp and Camerupt...

I thought about these options:

1. Togekiss, Gallade and Lapras (I will get Lapras soon I think)

2. Gardevoir, Heracross and Lapras.

What do you think?

Also: Dusknoir is good at reborn? I thought about having one.

5 hours ago, Betlue said:

Thanks for the help!

After I searched a little bit, I thought about replacing Electabuzz, Marshtomp and Camerupt...

I thought about these options:

1. Togekiss, Gallade and Lapras (I will get Lapras soon I think)

2. Gardevoir, Heracross and Lapras.

What do you think?

Also: Dusknoir is good at reborn? I thought about having one.

I like the second option better. However, I believe you might have some trouble later with a particular gym leader. I hears it was nerfed in later episodes so maybe I'm wrong, but overall it looks pretty neat.