My current team in Pokemon Reborn

Daxter5790

I think my team might not be the best team in the game, but they got me through the whole game from the first badge up to where I am now, at the Apophyll Academy.

This is my team:

Exploud - Level 40 - Soundproof - Crunch, Echoed Voice, Stomp, Bite

Emboar - Level 42 - Reckless - Rock Smash, Flame Charge, Ember, Heat Crash (waiting for some more powerful Fire-type moves)

Pachirisu - Level 38 - Pickup - Spark, Charge Beam, Electro Ball, Swift

Pidgeot - Level 41 - Keen Eye - Tackle, Wing Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Kricketune - Level 40 - Technician - Slash, Cut, X-Scissor, Fury Cutter

Seaking - Level 42 - Lightingrod - Water Plush, Water Sport, Waterfall (learned on its own by leveling up, not by using the machine. I don't even have the machine for it), Horn Attack

As you can see, I focus on attacks that does damage, I don't usually use moves that restores your health, lowering your opponents stats, raising your own stats, etc.

I must say i'm surprised your team got this far, you might want to replace kricketune with leavanny as its more useful and had access to swords dance and provides grass coverage

also you might want to get a ralts, gardevoir will be good against the upcoming fighting gymand is generally a good pokemon, go catch a magnimite in shade's gym magneton (later magnezone) is more useful than pachirisu

just my opinion

Im going to be a little harsh and say that you should probably eventually switch out all your pokemons other than emboar. Magnazone is amazing, I cant tell you how many times it bailed me out with charge beam. You are also in desperate need of a ground type, thick fat mamoswine can be pretty useful although youll have to go through the hassle of breeding icicle crash on it. Noibat is also a good option for long term since noirvern is pretty good. A sawk can also be good since theres a pretty hard normal gym, and a dark gym coming up. Catching a gastradoon on might also be a good idea since it has amazing typing and stabs plus good water types are pretty rare in this game.

2 hours ago, bobthebobby said:

Magnazone is amazing, I cant tell you how many times it bailed me out with charge beam.

I highly recommend Discharge over Charge Beam for Magnezone. It's more powerful, more accurate and is an excellent move for the Factory Field in double battles since it won't get a power boost when hitting your ally Pokemon, but it will both times when hitting opposing Pokemon.

On 4/11/2017 at 8:59 PM, Daxter5790 said:

I think my team might not be the best team in the game, but they got me through the whole game from the first badge up to where I am now, at the Apophyll Academy.

This is my team:

Exploud - Level 40 - Soundproof - Crunch, Echoed Voice, Stomp, Bite

Emboar - Level 42 - Reckless - Rock Smash, Flame Charge, Ember, Heat Crash (waiting for some more powerful Fire-type moves)

Pachirisu - Level 38 - Pickup - Spark, Charge Beam, Electro Ball, Swift

Pidgeot - Level 41 - Keen Eye - Tackle, Wing Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Kricketune - Level 40 - Technician - Slash, Cut, X-Scissor, Fury Cutter

Seaking - Level 42 - Lightingrod - Water Plush, Water Sport, Waterfall (learned on its own by leveling up, not by using the machine. I don't even have the machine for it), Horn Attack

As you can see, I focus on attacks that does damage, I don't usually use moves that restores your health, lowering your opponents stats, raising your own stats, etc.

Wow...that is an interesting team. I will say this: Pokemon Reborn is a game where if you are using Pokemon that are not always utilized, you may need a backup team. You could probably beat Apophyll Academy gym with this team, but it will be difficult with the field affect being used against you. 

I will try some of your recommendations, whatever will make the game easier, I will be happy to try.

On 12. 04. 2017. at 4:37 AM, bobthebobby said:

Im going to be a little harsh and say that you should probably eventually switch out all your pokemons other than emboar. Magnazone is amazing, I cant tell you how many times it bailed me out with charge beam. You are also in desperate need of a ground type, thick fat mamoswine can be pretty useful although youll have to go through the hassle of breeding icicle crash on it. Noibat is also a good option for long term since noirvern is pretty good. A sawk can also be good since theres a pretty hard normal gym, and a dark gym coming up. Catching a gastradoon on might also be a good idea since it has amazing typing and stabs plus good water types are pretty rare in this game.

So, Emboar is a good Pokemon to keep, but the others should be switch up? Also, where can I find or obtain an Gastradoon?

On 12. 04. 2017. at 3:25 AM, Amine elhedhili said:

I must say i'm surprised your team got this far, you might want to replace kricketune with leavanny as its more useful and had access to swords dance and provides grass coverage

also you might want to get a ralts, gardevoir will be good against the upcoming fighting gymand is generally a good pokemon, go catch a magnimite in shade's gym magneton (later magnezone) is more useful than pachirisu

just my opinion

You are probably about this, so I will give this a try, but I don't know where to find or obtain a Ralts. Can you tell me how I can do that?

On 13. 04. 2017. at 9:11 PM, ProjectIceman said:

Wow...that is an interesting team. I will say this: Pokemon Reborn is a game where if you are using Pokemon that are not always utilized, you may need a backup team. You could probably beat Apophyll Academy gym with this team, but it will be difficult with the field affect being used against you. 

I agree with you. It will probably be easier if my team is always utilized, best for the situation at hand. I will try to keep my team so they can be best utilized for any situation.

On 12. 04. 2017. at 4:19 AM, Animefan666 said:

I agree on Magnemite. It was excellent from the moment I got it and at certain points, crucial. Just make sure you grab Tri-Attack while it's a Magneton cuz if you miss it then, it's gone forever.

Ok, I will try your recommendation.

On 12. 04. 2017. at 7:33 AM, Animefan666 said:

I highly recommend Discharge over Charge Beam for Magnezone. It's more powerful, more accurate and is an excellent move for the Factory Field in double battles since it won't get a power boost when hitting your ally Pokemon, but it will both times when hitting opposing Pokemon.

You make a good point about Discharge, I might give that a try.

30 minutes ago, Daxter5790 said:

So, Emboar is a good Pokemon to keep, but the others should be switch up? Also, where can I find or obtain an Gastradoon?

i mean there are probably better pokemon than emboar, but hes not bad at all, especially considering the lack of other good fire types in the game. Gastradoon (shellos) can be caught in aurzurine island, which is right after you beat kiki's gym.

1 minute ago, bobthebobby said:

i mean there are probably better pokemon than emboar, but hes not bad at all, especially considering the lack of other good fire types in the game. Gastradoon (shellos) can be caught in aurzurine island, which is right after you beat kiki's gym.

I see. So, that is part of the story?

You could try to use Nuzzle instead of Spark on Pachirisu. Nuzzle paralyzes always, and Electro Ball does more damage if you are way faster than an opponent, so it would be more efficient than Charge Beaming up. Also, to cut through bulky opponents, consider reteaching Super Fang to Pachirisu over swift. Pachirisu has pathetic attacking and sp. attacking stats, so cutting the current HP of bulky opponents to half will be much better than any dmg that Pachirisu couldve caused normally in any way.

Kricketune learns Perish Song at lvl 50, which can come in handy vs some boss fights (Mewtwo, Arceus, etc). Combined with a quick claw to make it go faster, beating those fights will only be a matter of time (soft reset till you outspeed), or just equip focus sash/focus band and live with 1 HP, perish song, bye-bye OP freaks.

Finally, I'd suggest to keep trying with the mons you like. However, if you takes this (hard) way to success, know that it's more a matter of strategy than brute force, so even non-damaging moves you consider useless now might come in handy, or even grant you an easy victory in certain occasions. Setting-up is really important in Reborn, and I have found myself greatly improved since I started playing this game.

Have fun and don't hesitate to pm me even if you need any help!

On 15/04/2017 at 1:38 AM, Daxter5790 said:

I will try some of your recommendations, whatever will make the game easier, I will be happy to try.

You are probably about this, so I will give this a try, but I don't know where to find or obtain a Ralts. Can you tell me how I can do that?

I agree with you. It will probably be easier if my team is always utilized, best for the situation at hand. I will try to keep my team so they can be best utilized for any situation.

Ok, I will try your recommendation.

You make a good point about Discharge, I might give that a try.

@Daxter5790 i'm so sorry i just noticed that, you can get Ralts if you find a metal powder in Team meteor's hideout, and a corru pted pokeball under the railnet ten giving them to a Scientist in the critical capture pokeball shop, Or i can trade you a free Ralts