Next set of E4 hypothesis

• Global Mods

I can't really say it wouldn't happen since the past few gens have broken a lot of trends. Ex: no gyms in Sun and Moon, XY having the first Rock leader that isn't first and first Ice leader that isn't seventh, etc. But I would prefer the type theme always stay. I know a lot of people want to see them use themes to spice it up, but I'd personally be bored by that. I'd rather the Gym Leaders and E4 stick to types and other important non-league characters like rivals use themes. 

Considering there still isn't a dark type gym, after five games (Gen 2-6), I doubt that will be the case. One or two of these types might be used if we are lucky though. I'd bet on Fairy and Grass.

• Global Mods
40 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I can't really say it wouldn't happen since the past few gens have broken a lot of trends. Ex: no gyms in Sun and Moon, XY having the first Rock leader that isn't first and first Ice leader that isn't seventh, etc. But I would prefer the type theme always stay. I know a lot of people want to see them use themes to spice it up, but I'd personally be bored by that. I'd rather the Gym Leaders and E4 stick to types and other important non-league characters like rivals use themes. 

What would your thoughts be on a weather based E4? that'd still be mostly type themed.

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

What would your thoughts be on a weather based E4? that'd still be mostly type themed.

I remember Ame saying Cain used a doubles rain strategy in the online league, so different things can probably be done with weather. 

I'd still rather types. I think themes are pretty neat for non-league trainers like the stat trainers from DPPt, but I'd rather the league use types. I can't really explain why. I guess it's because I like the type themed character designs and name puns. At the very least I wouldn't want type-focused characters to disappear completely. 

Now that there are two generations' worth of fairies, I think there's enough E4 viable Pokemon to justify the creation of an E4 fairy trainer. And that's held true for all the other types, too. The only oddball I would understand not creating an E4 member for would be Normal, just because it's so simple. It doesn't really contribute to the sense of awe to which you would hold these four elite trainers. But if Bug-type can do it, any type can.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I remember Ame saying Cain used a doubles rain strategy in the online league, so different things can probably be done with weather. 

I'd still rather types. I think themes are pretty neat for non-league trainers like the stat trainers from DPPt, but I'd rather the league use types. I can't really explain why. I guess it's because I like the type themed character designs and name puns. At the very least I wouldn't want type-focused characters to disappear completely. 

Maybe both? A Water, Fire, Ground, Ice Elite 4 could maybe work?

I would like to see a fairy type e4 member if I;m honest, however seeing as in monotype fairy is top tier type as this point that might be a hard one to balance well without making it to hard or easy

Considering gen 6 and 7 both introduced two Elite Four members with types we hadn't seen before, I'm guessing gen 8 will do the same.

I'm kind of hoping for a Fairy-type Elite Four, because Fairy is a really strong type with a lot of potential. And if gen 8 goes back to Gyms it would be nice to see an Electric-type Elite Four, if only because there has been so many Electric-type Gyms.