How to get good ivs on genderless pokemon.

bobthebobby

14 minutes ago, bobthebobby said:

but isnt that still near impossible since the ditto is not going to have perfect ivs?

It's not impossible, but it is very time consuming, since you are probably starting with no perfect IV's.  

53 minutes ago, bobthebobby said:

but isnt that still near impossible since the ditto is not going to have perfect ivs?

The ditto is not the biggest factor, for each IV missing it halves the chance of a good offspring. The biggest factor is getting the perfect IVS in the system.

For instance:

Assume you have a 2 perfect IV ditto and a 2 perfect IV pkmn with no matching perfect IV's.

You have 1 in 213 chance of getting the 3 IV non overlapping pokrmon and one 96 to pass it down with that pokemon and the ditto (which can be improved by getting a 4 IV parent first).

Edited by FairFamily

7 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

The ditto is not the biggest factor, for each IV missing it halves the chance of a good offspring. The biggest factor is getting the perfect IVS in the system.

For instance:

Assume you have a 2 perfect IV ditto and a 2 perfect IV pkmn with no matching perfect IV's.

You have 1 in 213 chance of getting the 3 IV non overlapping pokrmon and one 96 to pass it down with that pokemon and the ditto (which can be improved by getting a 4 IV parent first).

so should i just reset for a ditto with 1-2 perfect ivs and use that to start breeding?

4 minutes ago, bobthebobby said:

so should i just reset for a ditto with 1-2 perfect ivs and use that to start breeding?

Well depending if you find it worth to reset from where  you are now, then by all means do. But I think it is better to first see if people aren't willing to trade a ditto with a perfect iv(s).

Edited by FairFamily

3 hours ago, FairFamily said:

Well depending if you find it worth to reset from where  you are now, then by all means do. But I think it is better to first see if people aren't willing to trade a ditto with a perfect iv(s).

would you have a ditto like that by any chance? If so is it ok if you send me your rxdata file and ill just clone one?

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

Easy. Get your hands on a saved game, just before picking Ditto up. Back up this save as a file somewhere... Then, soft reset until you get a Ditto with 31 to the IV of your choice, save the game and use your main save game simultaneously, to trade that Ditto to it (take care to sync perfectly and keep in mind, one pokemon is lost during that trade). Back your main game as a file somewhere... Then, repeat from above (put in save game from before picking Ditto up, get a Ditto with 31 to another IV, until you get 6 Dittos, each one with 1 different perfect IV; or if you are lucky, with sets of 2 perfect IVs).

Then breed and use Power Items, as well as Destiny Knot. This will take some time. Even if you reach a point at which the genderless hatched mon has 4 perfect IVs, it will be a long, hard way, getting 5 perfect ones, since Ditto has only one perfect. Good luck.

thanks!

Just as a note: I spent 9 hours straight to be able to breed my first HP Fire Magnemite with perfect IVs (x in Atk of course), so, having a set of dittos that are useful for your purpose (A friend trade me a 30 Sp.Atk and 30 Speed Ditto, perfect for this kind of breeding) and having some luck catching/hatching your desired genderless pokémon (caught a 31 Def and 31 Sp.Def Magnemite after 20~40 Magnemites).

@GS BALL also listed everything you should do to reach your coveted mon! ^^

Good luck!

• 3 months later...