Rebornian Mentions: Arkhi (Presented by Chat Chat Blogs)

Miss Kitty

Cat Chat Blogs Presents:
Rebornian Mentions: Arkhi

This week, we take an adventure into the life of Arkhi, our resident global mod in both the forums and servers. He was nominated by Felix/Dobby, Bibs, and Mockingbird. Arkhi resides in the Sonoma area of California-- where he (presumably) spends much of his time preparing for the big ‘Quake. While he’s not preparing for the big 'Quake and chillin’ with Reborn, Arkhi enjoys the natural beauty of Cali’s countryside such as hiking through the Redwood Forest, spending a day at the beach, journeying through the deserts, and skiing up in the mountains. Other hobbies also include playing the flute and listening to a wide variety of music.

b06d01641428477ab892b458da526fd1.png

Almost anything can be made into a scarf. Anything.

Life in Reborn

“I wish I had an amazing story (of finding Reborn), like finding the Holy Grail,” Arkhi continues, “I discovered Reborn through Shofu’s playthrough back when I (tried) my hand at competitive mons.” Even though competitive playing didn’t work out for Arkhi, he still stuck around. “I enjoy the sense of community and the casual nature.” He feels that his role as an auth doesn’t get in the way of randomly logging in at any point and chatting with anyone about anything.

giphy.gif

"No one should see my authy uniform under this! hue hue"

About two years into Arkhi’s stay with the community, in 2015 he was offered the opportunity to help others through being a global mod authy. Hunter was stepping down from authy, when many members had nominated him (Arkhi) to take Hunter’s place, which Arkhi had accepted. Presently, Arkhi’s duties with the community mostly deals with a lot of forum stuff, but he also takes care of the Song of the Day (SotD) stuff and being an “approachable dude.”  

One of Arkhi’s favorite moments with Reborn happened fairly recently. Although Arkhi wasn’t involved, he enjoyed being present for this conversation between Dan and Kyoyo. In a nutshell, “Kyoyo was getting on Dan for not doing enough squats to keep his rear looking great.” I inquired further about Kyoyo’s concern for Dan’s rear. “I imagine Kyoyo is captain of more than just the server, I can see him as admiral of fitness and dapper attire." Arkhi also commented Ame's role in this situation, "Ame’s job typically falls between forgetting things, deleting things, and forgetting she’s deleted things. … As I see it, anyway.” So Ame forgot to tell Dan to do squats, so Kyoyo had to step in.

ca65828646fd36fecd4b0776977f46e019267830

And everything. Now what was I forgetting again?

Another favorite moment comes from a Queen’s Game during the 2014 Winter Party. Those Arkhi recalls being present within the Skype call was Rose, Jericho, and Kaito. I attempted to inquire more details, but I was given a big red stop sign. “Unfortunately (for me, Kitty), Queen’s Game requires the signing of an oath that which has taken place must forever remain unspoken.” But he did say that “things happened that made… the call go ballistic.” I suggested that we could have done the article anonymous, that CCB will just throw a lightly shaded silhouette over Arkhi’s name and picture. “No can do, I’m afraid.” Sigh. Alright, alright.

hqdefault.jpg

But no one would have ever guessed who it really was underneath the silhouette.

Arkhi’s favorite Rebornian is unfortunately no longer active with us, but Arkhi will still mention him anyways. His name was Telos, and in 2014, they became pretty good friends. Arkhi also considers his friendship with Telos to be one of his biggest successes with Reborn. “He and I have grown close, the trust between us of which neither has felt towards others before.” Even though Telos is near and dear to Arkhi, he also really enjoys his friendships with Vinny, Jeri, Cowtao, Shia, and Ikaru, among many others. While Arkhi does not have a Rebornian crush, he does enjoy his time being single for the time being.

Reborn the Game

When it comes to the game, Arkhi considers it his favorite fangame of all time. “I enjoy the difficulty, since it keeps me thinking relevant thoughts for battling other trainers. Can’t catch a break in that game, and I enjoy that.” Regarding his favorite moment within the game, he thought that the defense of Fiore Mansion was awesome. “It was very difficult, which made it all the more my favorite moment.” While on his journey through Reborn, he thought it was a big challenge to find his favorite pokemon, Zangoose, for his team. Otherwise, beating Florinia in EP 10 was the biggest challenge for him.

Arkhi Overall

All in all, Arkhi’s a really awesome person for the community. His time and dedication towards Reborn stands out, which makes him a valuable friend and ally for us all. As for Arkhi, there’s no stopping him in his future goals for Reborn. “I’d really like to give back to the community what it’s given me,” he says, detailing how he’d like to see more harmony and help others make strong connections with each other such as his and Telos’s friendship. “I want that for everyone in Reborn.” If you see Arkhi around, feel free to say hi to this approachable dude!

From Arkhi, to Reborn: “Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the people for making the community (what it is today).”

Rebornian Mentions: Arkhi Answers Questions

This week, we’re shaking things up here at CCB! We’re currently experimenting with a new addition to RM nominations. This is where those who nominate someone can ask a question about the nominee that they’d like answers to. For example, Arkhi was nominated by Felix, Bibs, and Mockingbird. Each asked a question towards Arkhi that normally wouldn’t be mentioned or discussed in a regular RM interview. If you have a question to your nominee, add them to the comment section below or in a shout-out, as per usual.* If possible, we want to hear feedback about this experimental addition from you all. Should we keep it? Should we change it? What do you think?

*We here at CCB only accept good, legitimate questions (see below questions for ideas/examples). Bad questions (rule-breaking questions) and questions the nominee is not comfortable answering will not be accepted.

Bibs asked: “Where does your fascination with AtokNiiro stem from?”

Atok_34.png

"He asked the question! I'm glad." - Arkhi

• “I just really, really, really enjoy his art style. Couple that with the fact he’s a hardcore math nerd and also a memelord and he’s just an extremely cool guy. In several areas not pertaining to memes, I aspire to be like him. Oh, I also enjoy that AtokNiiro has such a quirk for drawing that so much of his work is perfect for using as reactions.”

Mokingbird asked: “Where did your affection of scarves from from?”

Atok_77.jpg

"AtokNiiro draws a nice scarf." - Arkhi

• “... Huh. I’ve never thought about that. I enjoy that scarves are warm, comfy, and pleasant to wear. It’s just a natural affinity for the nice qualities of scarves. I have nothing bad to say about them, only the climate of California for usually being too warm to wear them. And also, AtokNiiro draws a nice scarf.”

Felix/Dobby asked: “Do you prefer practical rationality over impractical idealism in your approach to life?”

• “Practical rationality. I value truth and realism. For as much as I really do want to promote idealism and use that optimism to push others (and myself), I just can’t bring myself to override truth, especially when that coincides with practicality. I’m really bad at lying because I always want to speak the truth.”

A big thank you to Arkhi for the interview!

If you have someone you’d like to nominate, comment below or send a shout-out in chat!

All images do not belong to me.

1 hour ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Cool! It's Arkhi this week. Why is there no mention of gazelles?

Because those are mythical creatures.

Also, nice Bubblewrap scarf. 

I think I was caught between popping and not popping it for satisfaction's sake. That was at least two years ago, I'm unsure what happened with it.

3 hours ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Cool! It's Arkhi this week. Why is there no mention of gazelles?

Because we like talking about positive issues, and the continual existence of gazelles is an elephant in the room that ought be unanimously discouraged.

6 hours ago, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

Now, now, that is one good interview... Many people knew him but I am not, so, I'm nominating Bland Guardian aka Dan to be mentioned next...

Seconded, Bland Guardian must get an interview. 

This was pretty neat though, it's the first one I've actually read and I might honestly go back and take a look at what I've missed one day. I liked the Q and A stuff too. Oh and Ark's a swell dude.