My Pokemon Reborn Adventure

PESH1

I started with Piplup as starter and later realized that it had a terrible move set and I had to rely on TMs/HMs as the game progressed. It’s typing and decent bulk made it useful throughout the game. Pokemons like Trubbish and Kricketot joined my party and they stayed a long time in my main team.

I maintained a policy of not using potions/ revives throughout the game, but I did use air balloon, focus sash, paralyze heal, antidote and ice heal whenever it was required. Also I did not EV train my Pokemon’s since I did not know what it was when I played the game. My most mons also had poor IV. I learnt about this after I finished E16 when I saw posts in online play: LF: 5/6 IV _____.

Setting up toxic spikes with Trubbish and Technician Kricketune helped me with Julia and Florinia. I had some troubles with Corey, then I added Drowsee obtained from Obsidia Slums, Klink and Donphan to my party and won.

The Growlithe obtained from police side quest learnt Flame burst and I burnt Shelly’s field to easily win. For Shade I grinded my Klink over level cap to evolve it, made it learn discharge, used common candies to level it down. Also I obtained Pichu with volt tackle, mined forever to get Thunder Stone and Fire Stone to evolve my Pikachu and Growlithe and I was finally able to beat Shade.

Kiki and Aya weren’t that hard with the team I had till now. I lost to Solaris though. I terminated the mirror field to beat Serra without which I would have never won. The Gargantuan Steelix battle gave me nightmares as I did not have any powerful special attack hitters. Here I decided to grind up my Kricketune to learn Perish Song at L.50 and used a Focus Sash to win.

Noel didn’t give me much troubles as I corroded his field, set up toxic spikes, used Shift Gear, Gear Grind to sweep him with Kinklang. I got lucky against Arceus battle as it missed focus blast against Kricketune and I used Perish Song. Radomus battle was a very hard battle since most of my mons weren’t grinded to a high level, after losing to him many times, I realised only his Gallade and Malamar had dark type moves, I took them both out somehow and put in a Shedinja with Wonder Guard which used Dig and won after 20 turns.

Here is where I realised I will be in trouble in the future battles , so got myself an Eevee and evolved it into Sylveon which made Luna’s and Samson’s battles relatively easy.

Then I came to encounter my hardest battle in this game, against Firebug Charlotte. This is where I got some strategies thanks to the forums and I overcame her. I started with Meowth and Duskull. Meowth used Fake out on Typhlosion, got wrecked by Darmantian, Duskell set up trick room. I got a Piloswine with thick fat and had evolved it to Mamoswine before the battle. I used Blizzard to end the field, got my Empoleon to set up rain dance and used Surf and EQ with Donphan to win.

Terra wasn’t that difficult with Empoleon, Sylveon and Mamoswine leading the way. The double battles in Fiore Mansion required many attempts till I figured out which six Pokemons I had to use. Seel(Ciel) battle became surprisingly easy because I used Air Balloon on all my mons and the AI kept spamming Earthquake.

In E16, Arclight battle seemed easy until I met Mega Ampharos. Most of my mons were knocked out before I faced it and it OHKO my remaining mons with its extremely high Special Attack. I was stuck in Devon Corp and I couldn’t come out. I decided to try to trick the game by using Shedinja against Ampharos, but I soon realised Mold Breaker ignores wonder guard :-(. I fortunately had a L.50 Gardevior which I taught Trick Room, it tanked Noivern’s Hurricane and set up the trick room, and Donphan took care on the Mega.

For Adrienn, I decided to get a Metagross, and the availability of Steel Wing as TM made Emploeon very useful and I swept Adrienn. This was the only boss battle in the game that I won in my first attempt.

I do know that the game will become harder in the coming episodes and I do hope to complete it with my current squad without having to EV train or get a completely pseudo-legendary party.

Here’s my Team

Empoleon – Torrent- Aqua Jet, Steel Wing, Surf, Hydro Pump; (waiting for Flash Cannon TM)

Raichu – Static – Discharge, Thunder wave, Nasty plot, volt tackle

Arcanine – Intimidate – Extreme Speed, Flamethrower, Crunch, Close Combat

Sylveon – Pixilate – Wish, Moonblast, Hyper Voice , Flash

Klinklang – Clear Body –Shift Gear, Discharge, Zap Cannon, Gear Grind ( I have seen the praise for Lord Magnezone in the Forums)

Mamoswine –Thick Fat –Ancient Power, Earthquake , Blizzard, Amnesia

In rotation, Metagross, Donphan, Hypno, Kricketune, Garbador, Shedinja, Gardevoir and Pangoro.

one thing i'd say is that you don't need both moonblast AND hyper voice on pixelate Sylveon, the latter should do much better. Perhaps switch moonblast for shadow ball or something for coverage?

On 4/9/2017 at 10:25 AM, PESH1 said:

I started with Piplup as starter and later realized that it had a terrible move set and I had to rely on TMs/HMs as the game progressed. It’s typing and decent bulk made it useful throughout the game. Pokemons like Trubbish and Kricketot joined my party and they stayed a long time in my main team.

I maintained a policy of not using potions/ revives throughout the game, but I did use air balloon, focus sash, paralyze heal, antidote and ice heal whenever it was required. Also I did not EV train my Pokemon’s since I did not know what it was when I played the game. My most mons also had poor IV. I learnt about this after I finished E16 when I saw posts in online play: LF: 5/6 IV _____.

Setting up toxic spikes with Trubbish and Technician Kricketune helped me with Julia and Florinia. I had some troubles with Corey, then I added Drowsee obtained from Obsidia Slums, Klink and Donphan to my party and won.

The Growlithe obtained from police side quest learnt Flame burst and I burnt Shelly’s field to easily win. For Shade I grinded my Klink over level cap to evolve it, made it learn discharge, used common candies to level it down. Also I obtained Pichu with volt tackle, mined forever to get Thunder Stone and Fire Stone to evolve my Pikachu and Growlithe and I was finally able to beat Shade.

Kiki and Aya weren’t that hard with the team I had till now. I lost to Solaris though. I terminated the mirror field to beat Serra without which I would have never won. The Gargantuan Steelix battle gave me nightmares as I did not have any powerful special attack hitters. Here I decided to grind up my Kricketune to learn Perish Song at L.50 and used a Focus Sash to win.

Noel didn’t give me much troubles as I corroded his field, set up toxic spikes, used Shift Gear, Gear Grind to sweep him with Kinklang. I got lucky against Arceus battle as it missed focus blast against Kricketune and I used Perish Song. Radomus battle was a very hard battle since most of my mons weren’t grinded to a high level, after losing to him many times, I realised only his Gallade and Malamar had dark type moves, I took them both out somehow and put in a Shedinja with Wonder Guard which used Dig and won after 20 turns.

Here is where I realised I will be in trouble in the future battles , so got myself an Eevee and evolved it into Sylveon which made Luna’s and Samson’s battles relatively easy.

Then I came to encounter my hardest battle in this game, against Firebug Charlotte. This is where I got some strategies thanks to the forums and I overcame her. I started with Meowth and Duskull. Meowth used Fake out on Typhlosion, got wrecked by Darmantian, Duskell set up trick room. I got a Piloswine with thick fat and had evolved it to Mamoswine before the battle. I used Blizzard to end the field, got my Empoleon to set up rain dance and used Surf and EQ with Donphan to win.

Terra wasn’t that difficult with Empoleon, Sylveon and Mamoswine leading the way. The double battles in Fiore Mansion required many attempts till I figured out which six Pokemons I had to use. Seel(Ciel) battle became surprisingly easy because I used Air Balloon on all my mons and the AI kept spamming Earthquake.

In E16, Arclight battle seemed easy until I met Mega Ampharos. Most of my mons were knocked out before I faced it and it OHKO my remaining mons with its extremely high Special Attack. I was stuck in Devon Corp and I couldn’t come out. I decided to try to trick the game by using Shedinja against Ampharos, but I soon realised Mold Breaker ignores wonder guard :-(. I fortunately had a L.50 Gardevior which I taught Trick Room, it tanked Noivern’s Hurricane and set up the trick room, and Donphan took care on the Mega.

For Adrienn, I decided to get a Metagross, and the availability of Steel Wing as TM made Emploeon very useful and I swept Adrienn. This was the only boss battle in the game that I won in my first attempt.

I do know that the game will become harder in the coming episodes and I do hope to complete it with my current squad without having to EV train or get a completely pseudo-legendary party.

Here’s my Team

Empoleon – Torrent- Aqua Jet, Steel Wing, Surf, Hydro Pump; (waiting for Flash Cannon TM)

Raichu – Static – Discharge, Thunder wave, Nasty plot, volt tackle

Arcanine – Intimidate – Extreme Speed, Flamethrower, Crunch, Close Combat

Sylveon – Pixilate – Wish, Moonblast, Hyper Voice , Flash

Klinklang – Clear Body –Shift Gear, Discharge, Zap Cannon, Gear Grind ( I have seen the praise for Lord Magnezone in the Forums)

Mamoswine –Thick Fat –Ancient Power, Earthquake , Blizzard, Amnesia

In rotation, Metagross, Donphan, Hypno, Kricketune, Garbador, Shedinja, Gardevoir and Pangoro.

I am quite impressed! How many hours did it take for you to get this far without using potions and revives?...Don't answer that...I don't even want to know

*Body Shivers*