MBTI Compilation

Arkhi

MBTI Results  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personality type?

Hi all, it's time to create an updated MBTI thread. Here's a link to a relatively precise MBTI online test, where you may determine your personality type and read up on the theory behind it all. After you have determined your type according to this test, leave a vote. Poll results are public, so anyone may view who has what personality type. Have fun, amigos.

"wow, this is cool, i never knew about it"

"im a 🅱🅱🅱🅱 type"

"why are you making this thread"

Ask and ye shall receive

Oh and I'm INTJ-A.

There should be a way to indicate A or T in the polls, don't you think?

MEDIATOR PERSONALITY (INFP, -A/-T)

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Here's the rest if anyone's interested:

I'd say this is pretty accurate for most aspects of me.

Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.

J. R. R. Tolkien

We Know What We Are, but Know Not What We May Be

At their best, these qualities enable Mediators to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. Fantasy worlds in particular fascinate Mediators, more than any other personality type. The strength of their visionary communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous Mediators are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to Mediators, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

Mediators have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.

Mediators’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to Mediators’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.

Listen to Many People, but Talk to Few

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for Mediators’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, Mediator’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.

22 minutes ago, Arkhi said:

Hi all, it's time to create an updated MBTI thread. Here's a link to an MBTI online test, where you may determine your personality type and read up on the theory behind it all. After you have determined your type according to this test, leave a vote. Poll results are public, so anyone may view who has what personality type. Have fun, amigos.

But what if I don't remember what I am and too lazy to take it again?

If I took the test sober and drunk and got different results, which one would be more accurate?

Plus, when I look at these to try to jog my memory, I just keep seeing myself in multiple of these: https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

also, have an unrelated video.

4 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

But what if I don't remember what I am and too lazy to take it again?

Then the world keeps on spinning.

8 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

If I took the test sober and drunk and got different results, which one would be more accurate?

Depends if you're sober or drunk more of the time.

9 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

also, have an unrelated video.

Reveal hidden contents

/warn unnecessary posting, 10 WPs, banned for life, banished from the internet, bye now

"If your friend is sad about something, you are more likely to offer emotional support than suggest ways to deal with the problem."

The answer is either extreme agree or disagree.

Aces should be able to answer this one for me.

3 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

"If your friend is sad about something, you are more likely to offer emotional support than suggest ways to deal with the problem."

The answer is either extreme agree or disagree.

Aces should be able to answer this one for me.

Indeed I could. 

This is what I got:

Personality type:

“The Architect” (INTJ-T)
Individual traits:

Introverted – 77%,

Intuitive – 75% 

Thinking – 55%

Judging – 63%

Turbulent – 55%
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Constant Improvement

I remember making this kind of thread 2 years ago also and they told me that were there like 5 of these topics existing. I did kind of expect for this result and I'm surprised to see that the INTJ has the highest percentage atm.

Edited by Mr. Divergent

I'm going to hold off on clicking a poll option but I know for sure I've never gotten this result before.

Of what I remember, it was always INTP or INFP...

But hey, rum to celebrate the ambiguous confidence in the second big test in a class I'm taking.
I am no mechanic or engineer, but every time we use some device in bio labs I really want to know how it works to verify the information that I'm looking for. But at the same time, I hate the logic and circuits part of computer science that has nothing to do with the programming I wanted to learn.

" Virtuosos enjoy lending a hand and sharing their experience, especially with the people they care about, and it’s a shame they’re so uncommon, making up only about five percent of the population. " How did they quote Thaddeus Stevens in Lincoln? " This is the face of someone who has fought long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of 'em. "

Spoiler

Virtuosos’ decisions stem from a sense of practical realism, and at their heart is a strong sense of direct fairness, a “do unto others” attitude, which really helps to explain many of Virtuosos’ puzzling traits. Instead of being overly cautious though, avoiding stepping on toes in order to avoid having their toes stepped on, Virtuosos are likely to go too far, accepting likewise retaliation, good or bad, as fair play.

Did I mention that I see much of myself in several of these? Honestly, I think a more fun game would be to guess the MBTI of another reborn member. *inserts bet that most members have an acronym starting with an I*

Spoiler

The biggest issue Virtuosos are likely to face is that they often act too soon, taking for granted their permissive nature and assuming that others are the same.

Act too soon? I could see that in drinking me, which is me only a small fraction of the time. But then as I age, I lose patience. Permissive nature? Sober me, yes. Assuming others are the same? Well, I figure that into the "pull yourself up by your boot straps" advice I give at times. If I use that, I figure you as a stronger sort of person or the kind that needs structure. If you're the kind of person who likes to be perverse or is hipster (as some hipsters are), aka to go against thought or advice simply for sake of being contrary.... well, you're an idiot. Thoughtless rebellion is ... well, stupid and ineffectual. At the same time, I'm not an insensitive joke person or a horseplay person, as the profile suggests. In the military, insensitive jokes abounded. I laughed at many of them. I never contributed any.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Now, to pose a question, is the rumor that most people who prefer to stay online are introverts true?

It's not unfounded. The internet is just the most accessible and widely-used outlet for communication with 21st century introverts.

Realized I hadn't posted mine, so I'm an ISTJ-A. I can't speak on others' behalves, but introversion is not a direct implication of discomfort around people for me, I just dislike empty discussion and there seems to be an overbearing amount of that I've seen among my peers.

• Support Squad

Every time I take this test the only thing that changes is whether I'm a INFP-A or an INFP-T. This round I was assertive, the personality fits well with me but considering I took it at a precarious point of forming an identity this test may have become a self fulfilling prophecy for me. Still happy with the results but it's food for thought, is that what I am or what i'm striving to be?

First time I took that exact test I got INTP-T. Next time it was INFP-T.

Let's see what I get now.

> You see yourself as very emotionally stable.
-yeah, s...sure I do...

Still INFP-T. I'd say it's pretty accurate as far as I can believe this stuff to hold any water.
It's a bit difficult to pinpoint what does and doesn't fit. I'd disagree, for example, with "Dedicated and Hard-Working", but then I've been having issues with depression for half my life, so where's the surprise here?

Or "Difficult to Get to Know". "Overshare! Overshare! Overshare!" - my bpd mind
The entire "relationships" part is so hit and miss that the correct assumptions may as well be random.

Spoiler

leJ7H1z.png old - new lMIfDaV.png

That increase in Feeling tho...