Champion title defence field

Gab1

I was wondering how the final champion field (for the title defence) was going to be like, but I had an idea. I don't know if the staff already has this idea, but the player could choose his own field, at will, before the challenger arrives. For once the player would be the one torturing the challengers with his field...

Also, will there be a fighting place like PWT in Black/White 2, where you could take part in tournaments again other characters of the game (Gym leaders, rivals, ex-villain, etc.) with a certain restriction for the pokemon (with random field for each fight, obviously)?

I'm not sure if defending the champion title is possible for this game, but it seems a bit unfair to the potential challengers that the player will get outright advantages from the field. It still seems like a nice idea though.

For the fighting place, I suppose the Nightclub in Reborn City could be it since its exclusive for champions of the league apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Was it ever said we'd be able to defend the Champion title? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere.

EDIT: @Mr. Divergent All league members (Gym Leaders, E4, Champion) have access to the nightclub IIRC.

I forgot to mention that part about the League members getting access to it. But if we consider the normal people (Challlengers/Trainers), only the Champion has access to it, it seems.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

I'm not sure if defending the champion title is possible for this game, but it seems a bit unfair to the potential challengers that the player will get outright advantages from the field. It still seems like a nice idea though.

Spoiler

Actually, before xir gym fight, Adrienn kind of simulates a defence title situation. It looks like a good foreshadowing for this.

Also, unfair for the chalengers? With 18 gym leaders being a d*ck with their fields, aren't they used to be owned by the field at this point? Also, it would be better if the champion would choose its team and field BEFORE knowing the identity of the chalenger.

Don't you think so?

11 minutes ago, Gab1 said:

Hide contents

Actually, before xir gym fight, Adrienn kind of simulates a defence title situation. It looks like a good foreshadowing for this.

Also, unfair for the chalengers? With 18 gym leaders being a d*ck with their fields, aren't they used to be owned by the field at this point? Also, it would be better if the champion would choose its team and field BEFORE knowing the identity of the chalenger.

Don't you think so?

Hahaha taking revenge on the leaders, eh? It seems to be quite an interesting idea. :)

I'm expecting a multipurpose field. Which is only multipurpose for the Champion.

Depending on what Pokemon the champion sends out, the field adjusted itself to the type of field that benefits the champion's Pokemon, or even adjust itself depending on what Pokemon you sent out just to remove your advantages.

Here's an example:

Lets say that we started with a standard field, as the champion sends out a Magnezone. The battle begins and the field adjusts itself into a Factory Field+Electric Terrain, which as you can see, is beneficial for Electric+Steel type Pokemon.

You decide to switch into a Fire type Pokemon with high SpDef to counter it, and eats up a scarfed Thunderbolt, you know that you can land an attack even after the next Thunderbolt, therefore choosing a Fire Blast/Flare Blitz as your next move.

But after Magnezone uses Thunderbolt, and you're ready to shut it down....

[Field Change Activated]

[The field adjusts itself! A Fairy Tale Field is generated!]

Your Fire type move was added with a Dragon typing onto it, dealing neutral damage.

At this moment, you've realized that Reborn has reached a new pinnacle of trolling. But decides to go on anyways.

You switch out into a Ground Type, and prepares an Earthquake.

Knowing that Magnezone can't continue, the Champion switches into a Lucario. You thought that the AI has broken, but...

[Field Change Activated]

[The field adjusts itself! A Water Surface Field is generated!]

Earth what now?

Ah, the really definition of hardcore Pokemon battling... 

EDIT: Just realized that this is the Champion Title Defense we're talking about lol

Edited by hope4896

Oh no a new feature in a new gen came out. CLEARLY Reborn must have it due to it. Just like multiple difficulties, PWT, Follower Pokemon, a battle tree/fronteir/subway, or the apricots.

Look, I won't beat around the bush in saying that it isn't possible to do something like this. In fact, it's really, really, really easy to implement. As for the field effect, excluding the Gen VII Psychic Terrain, all fields for the game have been announced. Ame is not making any other fields as the super secret field which nobody knows much about other than the name and what it does have been announced. And besides, the champion room would more than likely have no field if we were going to use it.

Having a field effect for us to use would...be counter productive as well. Leaders often build teams around an environment that closely resembles their type or character (usually a mix of both). Not every attack or tactic they do relies on the field alone, but they have to build around the field effect to use it (in fact, I've had to read those things so many times when team designing). The player can also use these tactics or a field of their own (like Misty Terrain) to their advantage. The player's options are so vast and nearly limitless a field could not be used to define them. Heck, having a field more than likely would be a cripple as it has a chance to boost the opponents power. All fields have a trade off for using them.

The actual concept also has another flaw...you don't know how the game ends so...it's very possible that this idea could be impossible. I don't know what happens in the game so it is possible that we could even not truly be the champion of the region. Or maybe the league could shut down for the post game so leaders wouldn't be taking challengers hence no reason for a champion to sit up there for no challengers (this is possible due to the actual league shutting down for a few reasons). We'll have to wait and see there.

As for the PWT, not likely going to happen. I'm not interested in dealing with that mess, and by the time the final episode of Reborn rolls in I think Ame will want to get everything she wanted for the Post game done and over (same goes for me with Hardcore) and move on to her other two projects. Sucks, but the only open source code for the PWT is outdated with all the image files missing. So many things would have to be remade and redone.