Can someone help me to build a good team?

Mystogan19

Hi everyone. I've played reborn before, but I haven't played it for a while, I only remember that I stopped playing before facing luna.

Now I want to get back to reborn but I'm not sure about the team I should use, can someone help me?

My only requests are that the team includes swampert which is my favorite pokémon and magnezone (I remember OHKOing arceus with a focus sashed analytic magnezone and since then magnezone has been one of my favorites)

You can include has much information has you'd like (items, abilities...)

Thank you for your time

PS: if I made any mistake feel free to say it, I´m new in this community so I don't know the rules. Btw I'm not an english native speaker so if I mispelled any word I'm sorry

Why not using a metagross and volcarona, and trevenant i think they're worth it :)

you can also use a Sylveon/togekiss, for moves/natures.. i think metagross impish, bullet punch, zen headbutt, earthquake (for fire types) and ice/thunder punch

volcarona, timid, quiver dance, fiery dance/heat wave bug buzz giga drain/signal beam

trevenant, jolly, horn leech, shadow claw, will-o- wisp ,earthquake

if youwant sylveon: timid: hyper voice, wish, protect, toxic

togekiss, dazzling gleam, air slash, thunder wave, extrasensory

Just my opinion ^^

Edited by Amine elhedhili

43 minutes ago, Amine elhedhili said:

Why not using a metagross and volcarona, and trevenant i think they're worth it :)

you can also use a Sylveon/togekiss, for moves/natures.. i think metagross impish, bullet punch, zen headbutt, earthquake (for fire types) and ice/thunder punch

volcarona, timid, quiver dance, fiery dance/heat wave bug buzz giga drain/signal beam

trevenant, jolly, horn leech, shadow claw, will-o- wisp ,earthquake

if youwant sylveon: timid: hyper voice, wish, protect, toxic

togekiss, dazzling gleam, air slash, thunder wave, extrasensory

Just my opinion ^^

Mind you, the TMs for Earthquake, Protect and Thunder Wave are not available in Reborn yet, and I find wish-protect pointless outside of competitive play, you have potions and you can restart battles as many times as you want.

One personal recommendation: I found Darmanitan to be incredibly powerful and fun to use (seriously, Life Orb/Choice Band Sheer Force Flare Blitz murders everything that doesn't 4x resist fire). I run Fire Punch as a secondary STAB, Rock Tomb and Hammer Arm as coverage, though I'm planning to replace them with Stone Edge, Earthquake, and maybe U-turn once the TMs are available.

i alwyays found moxie krookodile very usefull as it gets a lot of moves and can carry the ur team in a lot of fights with moxie.

furthermore aeropterxy  did a lot of work for me

3 minutes ago, CMV said:

One personal recommendation: I found Darmanitan to be incredibly powerful and fun to use (seriously, Life Orb/Choice Band Sheer Force Flare Blitz murders everything that doesn't 4x resist fire). I run Fire Punch as a secondary STAB, Rock Tomb and Hammer Arm as coverage, though I'm planning to replace them with Stone Edge, Earthquake, and maybe U-turn once the TMs are available.

zen headbutt also works if you lagg psychic type in your team

1 minute ago, Mystogan19 said:

I think Darmanitan is a good choice, I'll need a fire type to deal with pulse magnezone.

What about walls? What are the best to reborn?

i dont think you rly need walls (i never rly played with one, still works but thats just my opinion

Edited by Vanitas

Personally a flash fire Growlithe/Arcanine has done a lot for me and she's pretty early obtainable. Mawile is also a great pokémon, don't let her basestats decieve you because she actually won most my badges. Roserade is another great pokemon, but you can only get it with harsh sunlight, although that shouldn't be a problem if you change the date a few times.

2 hours ago, Mystogan19 said:

Don't you get volcarona only by evolving the larvesta that may hatch from the mystery egg? 

I got azuril from that egg

some people breed larvestas, i got one from wonder tade an i breed a few so if you want i can trade you one

1 hour ago, CMV said:

Mind you, the TMs for Earthquake, Protect and Thunder Wave are not available in Reborn yet, and I find wish-protect pointless outside of competitive play, you have potions and you can restart battles as many times as you want.

wish is to recover more health, unless you want to use potions, and protect helps in double battles

i dunno about the Tms

just my opinion

Edited by Amine elhedhili

1 hour ago, Mystogan19 said:

there's wonder trade in reborn?  well you learn something new everyday

There is normal trade and wonder trade, also online battles (batting system is a bit glitchy)

and yeah if you need anytihng ask for it^^

1 minute ago, Amine elhedhili said:

There is normal trade and wonder trade, also online battles (batting system is a bit glitchy)

and yeah if you need anytihng ask for it^^

Well I won't play reborn for now. I'm in my first year studying physics at the university and its quite hard so I don't have time, but when my vacations start i'll make sure to come here and ask for help if i need it

A good pokémon that you can add to your team with ease is Alakazam. It's one of the most damage-dealling pokés on all 7 gens, and you can easilly EV train him because you get abra at lv 15. 

Also, arcanine is a great fire-type. Flare blitz and a fire-type move powering item like Charcoal will turn him into a total monster. Close combat's also good.

And also, both the pokémons are obtained by trade, meaning you'll level-up them with ease.

Edited by Jadenyng
I wrote arcananine. lol

Volcarona and metagross are ofc great pokes, though it's a pain in the ass to train them and I think Reborn challenges you at using different Pokémon. Magnezone is good, though as of EP 16 you can't obtain It until very far with the storyline. Early game gulpin/swalot Save your Life, and You can easily get a piloswine and then a mamoswine, which are of great help. The mistery egg Pokémon is usually a very helpful choice too, but then I would suggest you just choose some Pokémon you like, train them and see how It goes, I had wonderful results with klinklang, scrafty, meowstic etc.

Edited by Blontary