Pokemon reborn breeding aid- prototype

FairFamily

As it is known, reborn has a daycare which gives the option to breed your pokemon. Personally I breed my pokemon but at  the same time I find the task repetitive. As such I made a program that assists me in the breeding process. Since I'm a nice guy and I can use some experience in programming for less knowledgable people in computer science, I decided to make this public. However there is a catch, right now the code works for my computer and game but I'm not sure about other people's build. So instead I'm releasing a prototype , which has minimal functionality and needs testing. The good news with the prototype is that I can add functionality in function of the users desires over time. So now thats out of the way on to the program. 

What does it help me with in the breeding process?

The program will do the walking, accepting the eggs from the daycare-man, hatching the eggs and storing the pokemon. 

What does it require?

Since I'm used to coding in a jave, the file is jar file and therefore needs a java runtime envirement or jre. It is freely downloadable.   

How does it work?

The program simulates keyboard input in a specific pattern. It does not use the reborn game or the save. The pattern is made in such a way that it can handle the randomness from the breeding process. The downside is that it is not the most efficient pattern. The upside is that there is minimal supervision necessairy by the user.

How do I use the program?

First make sure the following things are in order:

• The game is at normal speed
  • Your pc's current box is the one you want to drop the pkmn in and has enough room.
  • Your party has room for the eggs.
  • Your npc stands on the following position.

5rXAuIW.png

You then press the start button. You now have 3 seconds to put the game back to the foreground by either clicking on the icon in the taskbar or on the window of the game. Now you leave the reborn game on the foreground and do something else while your character starts moving, interacting with the daycare man, ... . Also a counter between the buttons will increment and when it reaches 240 it will drop the last 5 pkmn in the current box. To stop the program you can either press stop or exit. Your game will most likely end up being in high speed.

So that is the program, if you have any feedback/bugs either pm me or post it on this thread. After all this is a prototype.

RebornBreeder.jar

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Damien said:

Just have a Flame Body Oval Charm,much easier than doing this process.

Not really. With that, you still have to do everything. Walking is the most tiring part of breeding.

This program instead, does the walking for you. Flame body and oval charm don't matter, it will just walk for you.

7 hours ago, Damien said:

Just have a Flame Body Oval Charm,much easier than doing this process.

Huh? My program handles all obligatory walking, dialogue and pc storage with minimal supervision. These things have to be done flame body and oval charm or not. Flame body and oval charm just speed up this process. 

18 minutes ago, Jess said:

Not really. With that, you still have to do everything. Walking is the most tiring part of breeding.

This program instead, does the walking for you. Flame body and oval charm don't matter, it will just walk for you.

Well it does more than just walking. On top of that it does accepting eggs from the daycare man, hatching process and drops the pokemon eventually in your box.

3 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Huh? My program handles all obligatory walking, dialogue and pc storage with minimal supervision. These things have to be done flame body and oval charm or not. Flame body and oval charm just speed up this process. 

Well it does more than just walking. On top of that it does accepting eggs from the daycare man, hatching process and drops the pokemon eventually in your box.

You could maybe enhance it for IV breeding. Make it check IVs of hatched mons for 31s, then check gender too, and swap one of the parents in Daycare, given the appropriate item. e.g Power items, if 31 is just 1, or Destiny Knot, if the perfect IVs are like 3, 4, or 5.

And maybe Everstone when the Nature take a predifined value (maybe make it be same with the first mon in the storage box? This way you'd not have to change it in your java code every time)

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

You could maybe enhance it for IV breeding. Make it check IVs of hatched mons for 31s, then check gender too, and swap one of the parents in Daycare, given the appropriate item. e.g Power items, if 31 is just 1, or Destiny Knot, if the perfect IVs are like 3, 4, or 5.

And maybe Everstone when the Nature take a predifined value.(maybe make it be same with the first mon in the storage box? This way you'd not have to change it in your java code every time)

That is unfortunately outside of what this program does. Right now the program is outside of the reborn game meaning it cannot read any values from the game. The program simulates a button pattern that is specifically designed to do all the breeding steps and deal with the situations possible when breeding. I could find ways to do this but I have no intention to start letter/number recognisation in then near future. Or I would have to rewrite the entire code as a script in reborn if that is even possible. I might look into it when I have more time but not right now.

1 minute ago, FairFamily said:

That is unfortunately outside of what this program does. Right now the program is outside of the reborn game meaning it cannot read any values from the game. The program simulates a button pattern that is specifically designed to do all the breeding steps and deal with the situations possible when breeding. I could find ways to do this but I have no intention to start letter/number recognisation in then near future. Or I would have to rewrite the entire code as a script in reborn if that is even possible. I might look into it when I have more time but not right now.

Oh, I see. Well, I was just giving you an idea on what I'd find useful, since breeding for IVs is too troublesome and time consuming, so I never do it :( 

Thanks for your quite impressive and helpful work anyways :) 

• 2 months later...

@caith Good, that was the reason why I called it a prototype. I made the bot with my PC(s) and settings in mind. So when I launched this I knew I had to make some corrections here and there. Basically bug fixing.

Now bumping into walls is not a bad thing since it allows for more leeway when making the loop and can be necessairy to manage daycare conversation. The opening of menu's is actually necessairy to hatch the egg, otherwise you would be stuck in the naming section. Not accepting eggs can happen if the party is full.

For how it should look like (mind the loop of the gif):

Spoiler

RebornBot.gif

Edited by FairFamily

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...