Rebornian Mentions: Wendel (Presented by Cat Chat Blogs)

Miss Kitty

Cat Chat Blogs Presents:
Rebornian Mentions: Wendel

In a land, far, far away, but not that far in the Achterhoek region of the Netherlands, lives a duck we all know and love -- Wendel. Wendel was nominated by Nagisa, and has been in Reborn since March of 2013. Some other well known aliases Wendel goes by is Wenduck, Wendalf Garadex, and Llama Farmer. In his spare time, Wendel enjoys gaming, sleeping, and reading.

e6154c4887384aea89448772bea0a3dc.png

Dat feline.

Life in Reborn

Wendel found Reborn by accident back when the chat was on Pokemon Online. “A few days after my dad’s death, I was scrolling over the internet on some random stuff and found PO (without meaning to). I looked for the servers that didn’t have too many people, but not too many. Reborn was the second largest server on PO (at the time).” The server that was the largest server was Main, and that generally had over 500 people at any given time. It was a nightmare to try and engage in PO’s main server with excessive amounts of people talking at the same time, spam, and even authy as Wendel puts it.

When it comes to Wendel’s favorite moments with Reborn, he pondered, “does every time I disappoint Bibs count?” A deeper explanation was needed. “(I disappoint Bibs) by just existing most of the time. I have an aura around me that immediately disappoints Bibs. Maybe it could be that I have my own religion as well.”

Wendel calls it Wendelism. The religion is about “the Almighty God of Block Wendel.” The word of Wendelism spread throughout Reborn and has even picked up loyal, devout followers-- DW and Pyrro. They even have holy books, too.“It was basically me playing Civilization V and you (can) create your own religion and as such, I named it Wendelism because I have no imagination with names.” It’s okay Wendel, Danism’s not a very creative name either. Which brings us to some fitin’ werds about Danism, “That isn’t a religion, it’s just a small cult. They don’t even have holy books. I have five books and what do they have? Three letters in common.”

35c7e704f882f61aab0c7f91b4961b10.jpg

And thus began the 300 year-long Rebornian religious war.

At any rate, Bibs is disappointed in Wendel over his own religion. Each time Wendel brings it up, it’s like Bibs goes into shock. It probably doesn’t help that Wendel claims Bibs the father of his child; that disappoints Bibs, too. With all these events Wendel and Bibs have gone through, it’s no surprise that Bibs one of Wendel’s favorite Rebornians.

While Wendel doesn’t have any Rebornian crushes, and is single, he does note that one of his biggest successes in Reborn comes from the religion he’s created and the daughter that him and Bibs have. Wendel will never let Bibs forget, nor let him get rid of Wendel. You better get used to it, Bibs.

82609610c0bca5a2a080ca63e8f3d73981f3137a

Probably what Bibs feels deep inside.

Reborn the Game

Wendel’s played Reborn, but not a whole lot of it. “I got to Shade,” Wendel confesses. Life tended to get in the way of Wendel playing the game, and also the difficulty. “Because of the difficulty, (it) kinda turned me off to it because I just wanted to play it for the story.” For now, Wendel has no strong urges to return to the game, but it is there for when he’s interested. Despite the fact Wendel didn’t get far, his favorite moment is beating Fern. Always with the Fern.

Wendel Overall

Wendel’s a really awesome person to get to know and a great member to the community. Currently, Wendel has not set out some solid goals so he’s just kind of going with the flow. If you see Wendel out and about, be sure to throw ducks at him!

Wendel wanted to share a sermon with Reborn:

“Fellow Rebornians, on this day we stand on the most important decision of our short lives. We must not give into the fear mongering of Danism. We must not spam the entire chat with something nobody cares about. We must stand united and embrace the love of Wendelism, for without Wendelism, we would all just be ‘ism’s’.”

BYR-PyVCIAAfwYz.jpg

A big thank you to Wendel for the interview.

If you have a nomination in mind, message below or give a shout-out in chat.

All images do not belong to me.

I really enjoy these things. I'm fairly new to Reborn so I don't really know where the Ancient Rebornians (may I call you guys that?) come from and how they ended up here, so this is nice to read. Please keep them coming!

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer97 said:

I really enjoy these things. I'm fairly new to Reborn so I don't really know where the Ancient Rebornians (may I call you guys that?) come from and how they ended up here, so this is nice to read. Please keep them coming!

I mean most don't take that kindly to being called Ancient I don't feel lol. I only would in this insatance cause despite being here 3-3.5ish years now I'm still not really that old of someone from Reborn. There's much older blood than I 'round here.

On topic that... was something. Can't say I'm that surprised by any of it seeing as this is the enigma known as Wendel we're talkin' about. Stay cool I guess lol? ((and no nominations from me, I'm not really about that kind of thing personally.))

13 hours ago, YinYang9705 said:

I nominate hukuna, because why not

9 hours ago, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

Well, didn't expect my nomination got picked... Who should I nominate next? Why not the beloved sensei, Hukuna-sensei?

This... is a weird feeling not going to lie. *sniffles*. HEY!!! WHO PUT THESE ONIONS IN HERE?!?!

and Mde nor was I... however it is 100% a thing that is jsut too Wendel. I know that it's definitely 100% something that happened. inb4 this was the reason Bibs summoned me to the server one day to smite people((we're tight he can call in favors liek that)). But I highly doubt it since I think it was something else BIbs was gettin' bullied over. Wendel probably involved though... seeing as where one can find a Bibs one mustn't look hard to find the majestic Wendel lurking somewhere nearby

2 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

and Mde nor was I... however it is 100% a thing that is jsut too Wendel. I know that it's definitely 100% something that happened. inb4 this was the reason Bibs summoned me to the server one day to smite people((we're tight he can call in favors liek that)). But I highly doubt it since I think it was something else BIbs was gettin' bullied over. Wendel probably involved though... seeing as where one can find a Bibs one mustn't look hard to find the majestic Wendel lurking somewhere nearby

crying cry claire danes homeland carrie mathison GIF

11 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I also missed Wendelism and I have to wonder if that wasn't kept from me on purpose. *Eyes Wendel*

If you'd be on showdown more you would have seen Wendelism yourself :3

1 hour ago, Wendel said:

If you'd be on showdown more you would have seen Wendelism yourself :3

I can't fully be on showdown or discord at the same time, so I have to divide my time to one or the other. I don't see a substantial difference, tbh. It's kind of my pet peeve that the user-base is split between either platform because it really isn't reasonable for members, the auth, or anyone else to put their full attention between either of them and the rest of the internet at the same time. Lord knows auth don't exactly interact with the community the way they used to. How can we foster a greater sense of community if we are splitting hairs by following the newest fad every time?

Sorry for bringing forum politics into this, but it seems appropriate in this context. And also... vanilla flavored vodka is so smooth... 

No really though, I've been on the discord more often lately to see what's going on and to see what makes it so great in comparison... and I haven't been won over yet. =/ The showdown server also seems to have lost character with fewer members online to contribute and work off of each other. The hypothetical and demonstrable 'better' do not match as of yet.

I would like to nominate Cobalt996 for the next Rebornian Mentions! Seems like he's got some interesting secrets to share :3

Oh and hi Wendel! Congratz on the Chat!

Edited by Cyanna Cyril
Oh and hi Wendel! Congratz on the Chat!