Grown-up Serious Version of Pokemon

mixerxtreme

Is anyone out there that (like me) would like to see a fan game with complete seriousness (i mean in the game itself) where like in Colosseum you are grown and taking down real criminals, but more serious and sinister, 

I envision a plot where the character's concentration is less on training, you should first of all be able to pick a team of 6 from the start, then choose their move sets (keeping endurance in mind as the game is about taking down serious criminal organizations). From there you go on to not only choosing a name but a badass title for your character (theme).

The set up for the battles should be a perfect mix between singles, doubles and triples if possible (and not one sided like fire red/leaf green) and the battle format should be as it was in colosseum where you face opponents on your same level or higher and its basically like a WiFi battle where consumable items return at the end of the battle and your pokemon are healed, further more, you don't level up and learn moves, you should also be able to interchange your team with other pokemon as the game progress

and a final twist i think should be included is that your pokemon must all share a particular type (ie: fire, water, grass, bug....etc), in other words, your team is type themed and you must choose from that particular type and all pokemon available to you are off that type

If possible, mega evolution and z-moves can also make an appearance (cause...why not)

What do you all think?

In my opinion, it sounds kinda boring. The main thing that I love about the pokemon games is that I get to find ways to beat trainers by leveling my pokemon, getting them to learn new moves, etc. I like Reborn because of that, as it gave me a lot of challenging problems as I faced the gym leaders. I also love the exploration aspect, but don't really see any way that can be done to the same level when all you do is beat criminals.

However, I do like the idea of a more mature pokemon game, where you play as an older player. But isn't that exactly what Reborn does already? You start over as a trainer, having beaten other regions already.

If there was a grown up serious version of pokemon, I'd like to be more focused on the story since that seems more of the point of making it a grown up version. Also, it would be nice to see how characters interact in a grown up world.

Reborn is quite like that and that's why I love it.

Well, the main protagonist of Reborn is already 18, and most of the cast is quite old aside from Heather, Shelly and parts of the orphanage gang. 

Besides that, I feel that a Pokémon game would lose all of its identity if you could pick a team from the start, and have no progression in it. Pokémon is all about how you go on a journey, explore distant lands and capture fantastical beasts. If the game was distilled into a combat and story based game, it would lose most of its appeal. 

Maybe SMT games, where the pokemon are demons, your choices have consequences, and instead of catching them, you seduce them. That's what I think of when I imagine adult serious pokemon, minus the seduction, but of plot.

For example - More background on the main cast, if you pick a choose an answer like say, yes to joining Team Rocket, the response isn't "surely you're joking", dieing is real, revival is not/rare, sacrifice, etc. Stuff like that

Edited by Fabled Asian

I don't think that would be a pokemon game, more of a kind of wifi battle simulator. Pokemon is an RPG. In RPGs, you always go from being weak to being strong. If you go from strong and staying strong throughout the game, it would be very boring and wouldn't seem like a game. 

If there was an adult-targeted pokemon game it would definitely need to be focused on the story, because games that are targeted towards adults tend to try and have better stories than ones targeted towards kids, not to say that games targeted towards kids are bad, however, like, in my opinion, how Pokemon Black and White were great games that'srightfightme.

I would love to play a game like Pokemon Colosseum. It is my favourite Pokemon game ever, so to not only have a nostalgia trip, but to also play a game that is actually good, is something I really want to do.

Thanks guys, good responses, I never thought of it like that before, guess I like battling and always wanted to just skip the story and do just that, (cause i dont have as much time as before :()

AND SECONDLY: Yesss Reborn definitely gives me the adult buzz :) just was looking at another angle

Thanks again.