How the Pokemon Psychologist works?

KazuyaProta

How he changes Natures? His introduction make it sound like a very sinister move but after using it, I just comproved that it dont affect the Happiness of your Pokemon. I know who is just a mechanic, but it seems like the altered Pokemon just dont care for it, or even see it as a way to become stronger.

Seriously, the sinister implications in the Introduction of the PokePsychologist are seriously lessened when you considerate who It dont affect Happiness. 

And this is good, because now I feel no guilt about changing Natures.

I'd still say the psychologist is fucking creepy and sinister. The dude is changing the nature of your pokemon, basically part of their personality. I'm pretty sure one visit to a shrink isn't gonna have such drastic effects on you, let alone a shrink you know can't bloody understand a word you say and is more likely than not unlicensed and may or may not be taking drugs(remember, heart scales are an ingredient in 'Rare Candies', so it's very likely he's either selling them to drug dealers or making drugs himself). And the most the player ever sees of what he does is him lying the pokemon down on the sofa, then it fades to black.

As for the happiness thing, could just be a case of gameplay and story segregation.

49 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

They change personality, to become better at battle. Real "fighters" get much more effective, brutal and/or relentless, after psychological damage and trauma(s), scars, troubling event over their shoulders. Why not pokemon, too? Same goes for "drugs". Professional athletes ingest "chemicals" and do drugs, specially designed for athletes. Becoming a battling machine or merely taking your body to its limits ALWAYS requires sacrifices, no?

Considering how Pokémon has always gone on about the bonds between you and your pokémon, how those bonds make you stronger and how they aren't mere tools for battle, the very idea of willingly forcing traumas onto pokemon to make them more effective fighters very much goes against all that. Even moreso than the breeding to be honest

Hell, this is basically the whole idea behind Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum and XD. Cipher "closed the doors to the hearts" of pokemon, making them into vicious fighting machines. And then you have to undo that.